Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #81
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
So in your mind anyone that ever associated with Epstein is a pedo?
I would say it is much more likely that people who regularly hung out with Epstein were interested in what Epstein was offering.

Billy Gates said he wanted Epstein to help with the Gates Foundation in some capacity I call BS on that.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:48 PM   #82
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Pfft, they were just discussing whether 640KB was enough or not.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:02 AM   #83
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

What ever happened to Bill Barr's "I will leave no stone unturned" investigation into Epstein's death?
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:22 AM   #84
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
I would say it is much more likely that people who regularly hung out with Epstein were interested in what Epstein was offering.

Billy Gates said he wanted Epstein to help with the Gates Foundation in some capacity I call BS on that.
I agree, but this is where it gets fuzzy.

Because while he was very clearly offering sex...he was also 'technically' offering financial services that, at face value, seemed spectacular.

So if one is a primary board member of a wealthy charity it makes sense to talk to someone who is providing excellent returns on investments.

Now, it appears that was largely a ponzi scheme and Epstein apparently wouldnt know the difference between a hedge fund and his own ass but it also may stand to reason that some people didnt realize that.

Its also a very convenient cover to be meeting with and potentially blackmailing, the wealthy and powerful.

Like I said. Fuzzy. And in no way do I believe that gray area to be unintentional.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2021, 07:35 AM   #85
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Because while he was very clearly offering sex...he was also 'technically' offering financial services that, at face value, seemed spectacular.

So if one is a primary board member of a wealthy charity it makes sense to talk to someone who is providing excellent returns on investments.
The thing is though some of these people, like Gates for example, started their relationship after he had already served time as a sex offender (FBI had identified up to 36 girls as victims). When you have the funds to work with anyone you want, would you seek out a business relationship with a financial advisor with a record like that?

All this doesn't mean that guys Gates and Trump and Clinton and Prince Andrew etc were also into underage girls, but at the very least their continued relationship, business or personal, shows extremely poor morality and ethics... they just didn't care because rules simply do not apply to people of their ilk.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/b...ill-gates.html
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #86
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So this theory is Gates spent 40 Years of his life as a ruthless corporate jackal, working 100 hour weeks, and amassed a personal Fortune of over a hundred billion dollars without figuring out what a hedge fund manager is and does?

I think Gates was eager to do something big beyond tech (like becoming the largest landowner in America or becoming a vaccine spokesman during a global pandemic) and that he could use Epsteins connections and insight to accelerate his own transition into new feilds. Gates must have had his own people look into Epsteins history and probably figured that since Epstein was so protected, that he would be protected too. What he didn't account for was Alex Jones not shutting the f*** up about it for over a decade.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:03 AM   #87
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Lol what Alex Jones is who we credit with bringing down Epstein? Please do share I’m curious to find out how one of the worst humans left alive managed to do that
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2021, 08:24 AM   #88
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
What he didn't account for was Alex Jones not shutting the f*** up about it for over a decade.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #89
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
What ever happened to Bill Barr's "I will leave no stone unturned" investigation into Epstein's death?
He's made it about 200 feet down his driveway turning over stones.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:40 AM   #90
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bill Gates and the Gates Foundation dedicates part of their philanthropy towards the empowerment and well being of women and girls.

Also, he hangs out with people convicted of child sex trafficking.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:20 PM   #91
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, this is weird as f. Apparently Charles Manson did this too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationa...4266daafa/amp/

Quote:
A courtroom sketch of Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein’s former girlfriend now facing trial for the alleged sex-trafficking of minors, went viral on social media last week when people noticed a peculiarity. The drawing depicted Maxwell staring directly at the courtroom artist and sketching the artist right back.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #92
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post

Weird. And also stupid.

I presume she knows that the court-room artist isnt the one who is deciding her guilt or innocence right? So there is nothing to be gained by trying to psych out the sketch artist?

It just makes her look more insane than ever?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:19 AM   #93
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

My guess is based on yesterday she's starting to lose it
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:22 AM   #94
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Lol what Alex Jones is who we credit with bringing down Epstein? Please do share I’m curious to find out how one of the worst humans left alive managed to do that

Alex has been bellowing at the top of his lungs about Epstein for over a decade, it's a topics he's never stopped pounding on. 5 years ago, Pedo Island was a whacky conspiracy theory that no one respectable would humour.

I don't think busting Epstein in a meaningful way would have been possible without a massive public outcry, Epstein was untouched by his first scandal and it sounded like he was very optimistic about how he would fair his latest bust (until his death).

I think that Alex was instrumental, if not the leading cause of forming the massive public resentment against Epstein that created an environment where the media, law and politicians could no longer afford to keep protecting Epstein.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:46 AM   #95
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Alex has been bellowing at the top of his lungs about Epstein for over a decade, it's a topics he's never stopped pounding on. 5 years ago, Pedo Island was a whacky conspiracy theory that no one respectable would humour.

I don't think busting Epstein in a meaningful way would have been possible without a massive public outcry, Epstein was untouched by his first scandal and it sounded like he was very optimistic about how he would fair his latest bust (until his death).

I think that Alex was instrumental, if not the leading cause of forming the massive public resentment against Epstein that created an environment where the media, law and politicians could no longer afford to keep protecting Epstein.
Alex Jones is a self serving piece of #### that deserves to be publicly shot and pissed on.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #96
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Alex Jones? Come on now. No one credible cares about anything he says. If anything him crowing on about it would make it less likely to be taken serious.

The Miami reporters were the ones who brought this to the mainstream.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2021, 11:17 AM   #97
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post

She’s spent her entire life blackmailing and threatening people, this is right on the mark.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:23 AM   #98
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Alex Jones? Come on now. No one credible cares about anything he says. If anything him crowing on about it would make it less likely to be taken serious.

The Miami reporters were the ones who brought this to the mainstream.
Julie K Brown is one of the main ones.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:24 AM   #99
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Imagine thinking Alex Jones cares about the truth

is your cat doing singing?
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handgroen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #100
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:

Alex Jones latches onto various ideas in pop culture, and has no original thoughts. If you spend every day ranting about hundreds of different conspiracy theories, eventually one of those theories, statistically speaking, will have some degree of truth to it.

Multiple civil and criminal suits had been mounting against Epstein for decades. He had 20 civil lawsuits against him and an active FBI investigation.

Alex Jones was not responsible for bringing Epstein down. Epstein was brought down by a continuous and mounting series of civil and criminal investigations. The only shocking thing about the whole Epstein thing is that he wasn't brought down years earlier.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: