Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-29-2021, 10:47 AM   #1
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:
Default Trial of Ghislaine Maxwell Update: Guilty on 5 of 6 counts

Quote:
A jury in the Ghislaine Maxwell sex abuse trial was selected on Monday morning, as prosecutors seek to prove that the British socialite recruited and groomed underage girls for the late financier Jeffrey Epstein to abuse.

U.S. prosecutors have said that between 1994 and 2004, Maxwell — a former employee and romantic partner of Epstein's — gained the girls' trust by taking them to movies, sending them gifts such as lingerie and discussing sexual topics, according to a 2021 indictment.

Maxwell, 59, has pleaded not guilty to eight charges of sex trafficking and other crimes, including two counts of perjury that will be tried at a later date. She faces up to 80 years in prison if convicted on all counts.

Twelve jurors and six alternates were selected on Monday to hear the case, with opening statements set to begin later this morning.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ghisla...ning-1.6266303

The lead persecutor is Maurene Comey, James Comey's Daughter, the former director of the FBI.

And just to remind everyone, Bill Clinton flew on Epstein's plane 26 times, and was a guest at the 'island' multiple times. But hey, nothing shady going on.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
And just to remind everyone, Bill Clinton flew on Epstein's plane 26 times, and was a guest at the 'island' multiple times. But hey, nothing shady going on.
This isn't a defense of Bill Clinton, but many many public people are connected to that POS Epstein.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 10:56 AM   #3
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

What evidence is there that Bill Clinton was on Epstein's island multiple times?
Old 11-29-2021, 10:58 AM   #4
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Odds that she 'kills herself' ?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #5
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
What evidence is there that Bill Clinton was on Epstein's island multiple times?
flight logs

https://ia601903.us.archive.org/23/i...ght%20Logs.pdf

Quote:

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 11-29-2021 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #6
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clinton and/or Gates are always used as some sort of weird warning that people from "your side" are also implicated.

Who cares? If they are, let them rot in prison too.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:03 AM   #7
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Maybe the Op has an axe to grind? I don’t know. There are many, many celebrities and political figures from both sides of the aisle that are associated with Epstein. An unnecessary final line I think.

Here’s a link with a ton of names associated with him

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...-contacts.html

Clinton, David Blaine, Steve Bannon, Donald trump, Alan Dershowitz, Kenneth Starr

From people who interacted with him to names in his back book to names on his private jet log. Even comedian Chris Tucker who flew to Africa with Bill Clinton on the private jet. Wild stuff.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 11:03 AM   #8
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm amazed that a deal hasn't been cut. I mean she has to know about where a lot of the skeletons are buried.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:03 AM   #9
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

It's a trial and I agree the Bill Clinton bit wasn't necessary.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #10
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

None of the flight logs that Clinton are in (or Trump or any of the other people I've seen the logs for) go to Epstein's private island. At least as far as I've seen; the airport codes are listed in the flight logs.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:16 AM   #11
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
This isn't a defense of Bill Clinton, but many many public people are connected to that POS Epstein.
It looks like a massive list. From what I recall, even celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks had several meetings with Epstein.

The thing is, Epstein had a lot of things going on and not all of them were nefarious. He had legitimate businesses as well.

I wouldn't be too shocked if Clinton and Trump were involved in the nefarious stuff, but simply mingling with Epstein isn't proof of anything.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:17 AM   #12
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
It looks like a massive list. From what I recall, even celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks had several meetings with Epstein.

The thing is, Epstein had a lot of things going on and not all of them were nefarious. He had legitimate businesses as well.

I wouldn't be too shocked if Clinton and Trump were involved in the nefarious stuff, but simply mingling with Epstein isn't proof of anything.
I don't disagree at all with your post.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2021, 11:27 AM   #13
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

This is what a strong business women gets for her success.

How dare she start a non profit helping out under privileged women from across the world get into the modelling game. The fact her business partner gives tax advice, and business advice to billionaires, royalty, and ex presidents is irrelevant. The fact Epstein let her use some of his offices, islands, and planes shows to his character, and shouldn't be twisted into some sort of conspiracy.
fulham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #14
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post

How dare she start a non profit helping out under privileged women from across the world get into the modelling game. The fact her business partner gives tax advice, and business advice to billionaires, royalty, and ex presidents is irrelevant. The fact Epstein let her use some of his offices, islands, and planes shows to his character, and shouldn't be twisted into some sort of conspiracy.
Every day is a treat, because every day we are gifted with one thing which will be the worst thing we will read on that day.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #15
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Dude, this can't be serious.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #16
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Every day is a treat, because every day we are gifted with one thing which will be the worst thing we will read on that day.
and I thought that I might be touching the line with my Epstein didn't kill himself joke.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:33 AM   #17
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

This is next level sarcasm. I think.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 11:34 AM   #18
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate how rich people can just get away with anything. The rich and powerful everywhere were abusing children, and only this bitch is on trial.

How the #### can you live with yourself if you've abused a child.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 11:57 AM   #19
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post

Sure, technically it isn't proof, but I have to say I have a hard time believing Bill Clinton would not take part in the sex parties, considering all the other stuff that's known about him.

At the very least it's safe to assume he knew what Epstein was doing, and yet he remained in very close contact.

Considering there's absolutely zero chance the men who participated in Epsteins parties get what should be coming to them (obvious from the way Epsteins murder was kind of laughably ruled a suicide in the court), I think jumping into conclusions about the people who hanged with Epstein is absolutely fine.

Negative public opinion is the only thing that can come for those men. (Who include Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, Alan Dershowitz, former governor Bill Richardson...)

Although Bill Clinton doesn't bother me as much as Jean-Luc Brunel. This guy has a track record of rape and organizing sexual assaults against the models in his modeling agencies going back to at least 1980s. He was one of Epsteins closes associates, and Epstein even helped Brunel launch one of his modeling agencies, MC2, which was "allegedly" used to procure girls for Epstein.

Somehow this guy is not just on the loose, but he still runs two new modeling agencies
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #20
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

She was also very busy saving the worlds oceans (the true victims here) when she was pulled away by this nasty business.

Why would Epstein waste his time with legitimate businesses he has no interest in? There are accounts of him being a farce of a hedge fund manager who wasn't even familiar with the basic terminology of the job. His passion is clearly for the sex trade and his blackmail game got him a free $100M mansion from Les Wexner in NYC, I don't see him with much motivation to go cut legit deals for more effort and less money/influence.

I wouldn't give a free pass to anyone who spent significant time with Epstein. His model for blackmail seemed to be to draw in as many people as possible.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote