Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2021, 05:05 PM   #4521
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
that 1st is going to be a top 5 pick if we're giving up 3 roster players for a guy who wont play till 2022. I couldn't make that trade
Monahan + Valimaki + Pelletier/Zary + 2022 1st is absolute max or you walk.
Sofa GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #4522
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

When I see NYR suggestions I completely write them off as not even thought this through at all.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:15 PM   #4523
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A lot of proposals appear to be coming from the angle that Eichel is a slam dunk to return and play at 105%

That would be nice, but we don't know the timeline nor whether that's a guarantee. I don't see much consideration on that front. From appearances they're also operating on the basis that one of these teams caves to Buffalo's demands. I don't think any of these teams will until those demands are lowered.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 05:15 PM   #4524
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Past 4pm now... I guess I am the latest in a long line of failed "Eichel to Calgary" prophets then

Found some unverified rumor of them wanting Monahan and Hanifin and 2 other pieces. If nothing else... good for some BS speculation I guess

https://twitter.com/user/status/1449132781364260864
Quite frankly, Sabres can go ##### themselves with that crap...
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:27 PM   #4525
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are multiple teams not willing to pay a high price for Eichel. You would have thought someone would say "eff it" and just pay up by now. Tells me the price Buffalo is asking is more than unreasonable. There is going to be some salty Buffalo fan tears when this trade does happen whether its us or someone else which sucks, because those fans already have been bent over enough by this inept owner.
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustygoon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 05:36 PM   #4526
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

No one is paying 6 valuable assets for not a sure thing.

Going to have to bring it down, like, several pegs. Otherwise you let Eichel rot and you look like a total bag of dongs.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:38 PM   #4527
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

F buffalo. Let them suck all year and make it harder for them to sign players in the future. Gotta think they are the most undesirable team in the league
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:41 PM   #4528
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm Buffalo I'd want to walk out with Zary or Coronato at least. Hopefully Buffalo sees Zary as our #1 prospect. I think the Flames like Zary but wouldn't hesitate at all to trade him - they traded down twice in that draft and were seemingly okay with picking from multiple players in the same tier on their list. They probably value Coronato, Valimaki, and maybe even Pelletier more.

My offer:
Zary
Valimaki or Pelletier
Monahan
2022 1st

That Leafs podcast proposal is too much.
Need to avoid giving up two or more roster players in our top 8/9 forwards, as well as any of our top 3 D to remain competitive.
Offer a conditional 1st - if a team like Vegas has a better offer and look like they're about to close a deal, make it unconditional.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #4529
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm really trying to temper my expectations so I'm not let down if we don't get him but it's just impossible not to get excited. We need this guy. We have the assets. What am I missing? I'd understand if guys like Byfield and Drysdale were being offered but I think if that were the case, the deal would've been done already.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #4530
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I doubt it.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk alone is good enough to keep them afloat.

The goaltending will be solid.

The defense is going to be physical if nothing else.

Say what you will about the Calgary Flames, they know how to finish top-25.
I don’t know that the top line is as good as you think. They’ve not really had games that matter together (Tkachuk or Gaudreau admitted as much, I forget which one).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #4531
zimzimma
Draft Pick

If you acquire Eichel he will be on LTIR. He won't cost his full 10M this season.
zimzimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:02 PM   #4532
Fan69
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
If I'm Buffalo I'd want to walk out with Zary or Coronato at least. Hopefully Buffalo sees Zary as our #1 prospect. I think the Flames like Zary but wouldn't hesitate at all to trade him - they traded down twice in that draft and were seemingly okay with picking from multiple players in the same tier on their list. They probably value Coronato, Valimaki, and maybe even Pelletier more.

My offer:
Zary
Valimaki or Pelletier
Monahan
2022 1st

That Leafs podcast proposal is too much.
Need to avoid giving up two or more roster players in our top 8/9 forwards, as well as any of our top 3 D to remain competitive.
Offer a conditional 1st - if a team like Vegas has a better offer and look like they're about to close a deal, make it unconditional.

I just find this hard to believe??

Your telling me that the difference between our 1 a 1 b Center with over two hundred goals in his prime and signed is three more firsts for a guy going into surgery and won’t be available for most of his first year?

Just wow. Either Sean is criminally underrated or Eichel is overrated or both.
Fan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:04 PM   #4533
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think at this point it's pretty clear that the Sabres don't think much of our asset pool compared to others.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #4534
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I think at this point it's pretty clear that the Sabres don't think much of our asset pool compared to others.
I think at this point nothing is clear, as nobody has said anything of any substance. I'd like to know what sources you have for your claim, but I suspect there aren't any.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:08 PM   #4535
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Or they are trying to create a bidding war. Hard to say what they think of our guys given that you need to take all this leaked info with a huge grain of salt

Honestly I don't feel there's tons of separation if guys like zegras, Byfield, Drysdale aren't being offered. If they are, well, we probably won't get eichel.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:09 PM   #4536
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

And then you give up all these assets and have to wait six months for the product.

It’s like paying for a car in advance that takes forever to come in and not being sure it was even worth it.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #4537
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who the hell is “sabresbuzz “?
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #4538
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
And then you give up all these assets and have to wait six months for the product.

It’s like paying for a car in advance that takes forever to come in and not being sure it was even worth it.
Some people live in an RV on an empty lot while they build their dream home.

I can wait.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:19 PM   #4539
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

I can wait.
Treliving needs to think big picture. All that matters is if the team is improved or not. This year, I hate to say it, we aren't winning squat with or without eichel imo. Maybe a round? If we finish 2/3 and draw a crap pacific team. That would be nice, I'd take that, but let's be honest, whoever comes out of the central will likely kill us. I can't see us beating Vegas as currently constructed either.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #4540
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post

In the Soviet Union, you had to apply for permission to buy a car, pay the full price in advance, and then wait up to ten years for delivery. And when the car was finally delivered… you got a Lada.

Just for his $10 million salary (never mind the cost of acquisition), Eichel had better not come back from his surgery as a Lada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

I can wait.
It's not your RV, your house, or your money. Of course you can wait. The owners are entitled to have a different opinion.