Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #21
RedJester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
LOL, so I got labelled as one of the noobs today. Apparently I don't know how to use the medic because I'm not following just the Heavy. How dare I heal others on the team instead of just one.

And I get this a lot. *facepalm*

Nothing irritates me more than when I'm playing a non-medic role and need to be healed. Medic is standing right beside me, but ignores my call because he's busy healing a Heavy that isn't injured. And won't leave the guy for even a second to heal others. Fuuuuuuuuuu Worse when 3 of them do it. I can understand if you have an ubercharge ready and want to be ready at a moments notice, but that doesn't apply in these cases.
"I have the Medi Gun, I make the rules." Standard principle for any game of TF2. Seriously. People don't treat their Medics very nicely. Although I did once get invited to try out for a Game Battles team as a Medic a couple of years ago, because I would routinely keep the Scout's health topped off while Kritzing the Heavy on Granary. I think I got something like 64 assists before I died.

But yeah, for you new guys: Don't call for a Medic and then start taking damage the Medic starts healing you. It takes time to bring your health back up... and they especially don't like it when you let the Pyros and Spies take a giant crap on them.
RedJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #22
Lionel Steel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

As a noob, I've found if I stick to a non-strategic class like the Soldier, people usually hate me less haha
Lionel Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ok so I downloaded it like 3 days ago now and I have tried to play it every day but it just won't launch. I go to steam and press "play" then a pop-up comes up saying "Steam is preparing to launch Team Fortress 2...", then it just does nothing. Same thing if I use the short-cut, just takes me to Steam (obviously).

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #24
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Check your downloads to see if its totally installed.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #25
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It seems like it is. I think it even downloaded an update today.

It isn't in my downloads, and it says it under "Installed". Bad Company 2 works.

I just uninstalled it and am downloading it again. Hopefully that works.

Last edited by 3 Justin 3; 06-27-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #26
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just played for the first time 7 kills, 21 deaths.. Yikes. Teams were stacked brutally though, we didnt win any rounds. The game speed reminds me of action half life from the old engine.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #27
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sweet, I got it working.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #28
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

All you noob's are getting on my nerves, being on a team where almost no one knows what they are doing is frustrating. All my favorite servers are jam packed now and extremely difficult to get in to.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #29
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
All you noob's are getting on my nerves, being on a team where almost no one knows what they are doing is frustrating. All my favorite servers are jam packed now and extremely difficult to get in to.
I've started following the better players trying to complete the objective, I agree though, most people stand around near base unsure what they should be doing.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #30
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
I've started following the better players trying to complete the objective, I agree though, most people stand around near base unsure what they should be doing.
Everyone is like that when they first start, I was the same. It's just really frustrating when it's 75% of your team. Or like Photon said earlier, everyone wants to be the "cool" classes so you end up with 5 snipers and 4 spies.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #31
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah I was playing the other night when I was the only offense class on my team (soldier for a while then demo man), which is usually a recipe for disaster, but I had a good pocket medic and the other team was all bad snipers and bad spies so we still won lol.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #32
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Free 2 Play in a nutshell:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #33
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's like playing Bad Company 2 and everyone on your team is a sniper. Booooring!
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #34
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

The server I was on only had a couple spies/snipers, most people were scouts, heavy's and soldiers, and the hated pyro.

How do you disable the engineered weapons? I was going straight for the engineer, but will the tripod remain after he's dead?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #35
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
The server I was on only had a couple spies/snipers, most people were scouts, heavy's and soldiers, and the hated pyro.

How do you disable the engineered weapons? I was going straight for the engineer, but will the tripod remain after he's dead?
Haters gonna Hate! /pyro player

Unless it's sudden death overtime, an engineer's stuff will stay up while he's dead. Other than shooting/blowing it up, become a spy and zap it If you are shooting it, try and see if you can come up to it from behind. It takes a second for it to turn around. If you really have skillz, you can run up and melee it while running around in a circle just in front of the line of fire
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #36
RedJester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Nope, his stuff will stay there even if he's dead.

Engy is definitely one of the easier classes to learn the game with. As an Engineer, you can manually detonate them by pressing 5, or you can right click on them and move them (one at a time,) to a new position. You move slower however, unless you're moving a Mini-Sentry. They'll still be there if you die, although probably not for long if you're not there to knock off Sappers with your wrench.

Last edited by RedJester; 06-28-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #37
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Blowing up noobs with the oldest sticky traps in the game is pretty fun.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #38
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
LOL, so I got labelled as one of the noobs today. Apparently I don't know how to use the medic because I'm not following just the Heavy. How dare I heal others on the team instead of just one.

And I get this a lot. *facepalm*

Nothing irritates me more than when I'm playing a non-medic role and need to be healed. Medic is standing right beside me, but ignores my call because he's busy healing a Heavy that isn't injured. And won't leave the guy for even a second to heal others. Fuuuuuuuuuu Worse when 3 of them do it. I can understand if you have an ubercharge ready and want to be ready at a moments notice, but that doesn't apply in these cases.
While I see where your argument is coming from, the other side of that is the Heavy you were just healing (despite being uninjured) is going to assume that when he moves, you are going to come with him. people get pissed if you stop for a second to heal other around you, he takes off and you don't notice and lose track of him. He may not notice you aren't on him anymore and he gets killed and then you get the "what the hell happened to my medic?" Medics can sometimes be in a no win situation...they just have to do the best they can. There are times I like to focus my efforts on a heavy/demo man that knows what he is doing instead of trying to heal up everyone around me.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #39
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Good heavies recognize when they're no longer being healed. Good heavies recognize that the job of the medic isn't to just heal them.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #40
RedJester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

^ And Great Heavys give a Medic a Sandvich when their health gets low.