Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-21-2021, 12:03 PM   #21
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

You bet, happy to help out any Calgary puck member crossing through Stockton... let me know anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt Reeeeead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:17 PM   #22
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't know much about San Francisco, but I do know a few people who live there who hate it when people refer to the city as "San Fran". Their reasoning is that nobody calls Los Angeles "Los Ange". "SF" is what they claim that they prefer there.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #23
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty smart move, Jamie, getting into the division a year before Palm Springs starts up...

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 05:30 PM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
I don't know much about San Francisco, but I do know a few people who live there who hate it when people refer to the city as "San Fran". Their reasoning is that nobody calls Los Angeles "Los Ange". "SF" is what they claim that they prefer there.
I know the locals love it when you call it 'Frisco' so I make a point to do it as often as possible.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 10:22 PM   #25
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

San Francisky? So how in did you came? Did you drove or did you flew?

Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 01:21 AM   #26
robertsfan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Reeeeead View Post
Hey there us absolutely truth to the crime rate issues, but there are plenty of areas in an around Stockton that are more than fine. I have travelled plenty in my life and not someone that lives in a bubble and intimidated by it.

Use street smarts, treat people well, avoid scary areas, put your kids in a safe school, etc.

We are good and to each their own. I’m personally looking forward to exploring more of California... we actually got married in San Fran... honeymooned there... great opportunity to make a difference in this community.

That is really awesome. There are some really nice areas in Stockton that don't get a lot of press; some really nice country clubs.

Also, Winter skiing is 2 hours away, bass fishing is right in your backyard and ocean fishing in the Pacific is about 2 hours away as well if you drive to Emeryville. It does get very hot there in the Summer however.

I'm so happy to have the Heat in Stockton; living in California, its the closest I've ever been or will ever be to the Flames. Its been really great to go to games and see so many Flames Jerseys being worn.

Just please don't call it "San Fran" or "Frisco". Its cringeworthy to locals, almost similar to when a person is trying to be cool by using slang incorrectly.

My first Flames autograph came from Dillon Dube in 2019 during my first ever trip to Calgary. Dillon told me he was just in "San Fran" - but I forgive him; he seemed like a great guy.

I live near SFO and would love to work for the Flames in some capacity. When the SF Bulls were in town I was a voluntary off ice official, helping with shot counting, score tracking, notifying the locker rooms when 5 minutes were left in intermission; it was great.
robertsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robertsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 02:51 AM   #27
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsfan View Post
That is really awesome. There are some really nice areas in Stockton that don't get a lot of press; some really nice country clubs.

Also, Winter skiing is 2 hours away, bass fishing is right in your backyard and ocean fishing in the Pacific is about 2 hours away as well if you drive to Emeryville. It does get very hot there in the Summer however.

I'm so happy to have the Heat in Stockton; living in California, its the closest I've ever been or will ever be to the Flames. Its been really great to go to games and see so many Flames Jerseys being worn.

Just please don't call it "San Fran" or "Frisco". Its cringeworthy to locals, almost similar to when a person is trying to be cool by using slang incorrectly.

My first Flames autograph came from Dillon Dube in 2019 during my first ever trip to Calgary. Dillon told me he was just in "San Fran" - but I forgive him; he seemed like a great guy.

I live near SFO and would love to work for the Flames in some capacity. When the SF Bulls were in town I was a voluntary off ice official, helping with shot counting, score tracking, notifying the locker rooms when 5 minutes were left in intermission; it was great.

Shoot me an email, jcochrane@stocktonheat.com

Maybe we can find a way to bring you closer to the team. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and connection - would love to chat.

Matt Reeeeead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matt Reeeeead For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #28
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

His Official Title on his Business Cards should be:

"Preeeeesident!!!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2021, 02:32 PM   #29
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
His Official Title on his Business Cards should be:

"Preeeeesident!!!"

Haha that’s gold.