Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #81
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Treliving has a cat?
If not, he's going to get one. And he's going to fall in love with it. And if he makes a bad trade we're going to confiscate that cat! That'll learn him.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:36 AM   #82
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I don't think Kadri's a bad guy or anything, he's just one of those people that when they get angry their wires cross and all of a sudden the common sense part of their thought process goes out the window.

It's really too bad because he's an important piece of that line up. Somehow he needs to learn to get those emotions under control though because he's really put his team behind the 8 ball two years in a row.

Selfish, stupid, and unnecessary. Bruins with a big advantage now.
So, "I don't think he's a bad guy, but he just snaps and tries to hurt people in reckless and melicious ways."

For clarification, I think this is exactly what makes a player a "bad guy". And the league would be better off without guys like this. He's essentially a ticking time bomb, and he doesn't have the common sense to try and get even without hurting his team. If I'm a coach, I don't want a player out there that I can't trust or is that much of an X factor.
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #83
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anything less than 5 and the league is setting themselves up for disaster if the series goes the distance. It’s not like the NHL needs to manufacture rivalry in this matchup. I imagine they’ll want to sit Kadri for at least the series and move on from there.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:38 AM   #84
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

He has been suspended 4 times in 6 years, this is now his 5th. Last year he was given 3 playoff games and with his history these suspensions will get longer not shorter. He is too much of a loose cannon and is getting into that Raffi Torres territory with suspensions for hits to the head and stick infractions. That isn't good company.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #85
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
He has been suspended 4 times in 6 years, this is now his 5th. Last year he was given 3 playoff games and with his history these suspensions will get longer not shorter. He is too much of a loose cannon and is getting into that Raffi Torres territory with suspensions for hits to the head and stick infractions. That isn't good company.
Multiple times in his career he has crosschecked someone in the face.

Playing on the edge and having a couple suspendable body checks is one thing.

It could not be any easier to NOT crosscheck someone in the face. The unfortunate part of the upcoming suspension is it will do absolutely nothing to deter him from repeating.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #86
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanTrev View Post
So, "I don't think he's a bad guy, but he just snaps and tries to hurt people in reckless and melicious ways."

For clarification, I think this is exactly what makes a player a "bad guy". And the league would be better off without guys like this. He's essentially a ticking time bomb, and he doesn't have the common sense to try and get even without hurting his team. If I'm a coach, I don't want a player out there that I can't trust or is that much of an X factor.
Okay, no need to put words in my mouth while riding in on your high horse.

It's a dumb, reckless, selfish play. These types of things have been happening in hockey for all of time though. In a game where emotions and adrenaline run high and your constantly battling and hitting the same people over and over again tempers are going to flare. Doesn't make him a bad person.

For clarification on your end, as long as Kadri can still be an effective two way center there will be a home for him in the NHL. I can condemn the play without having to condemn him as a person. NHL playoffs are a physical battle and we see these things year after year.

So yeah, dumb, selfish play. Really hurt his team because he is a valuable player.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #87
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanTrev View Post
So, they're mean and taste good?
Old 04-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #88
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Give him 7 or 8 games.

5 is too little. This guy needs to learn. 10 or more would be best but they won't go that high unfortunately.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #89
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is Kadri news coming after the starting lineups are submitted?

What a strange delay. Safe to assume both teams were already told he is not in the lineup tonight for sure?
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #90
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Is Kadri news coming after the starting lineups are submitted?

What a strange delay. Safe to assume both teams were already told he is not in the lineup tonight for sure?
I think it's a guarantee that he is suspended. It's just a matter of how long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Red
Old 04-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #91
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Trading Brodie for a forward would actually be a pretty smart thing to do, but it wouldn't make sense at this juncture for it to be Kadri.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #92
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Multiple times in his career he has crosschecked someone in the face.

Playing on the edge and having a couple suspendable body checks is one thing.

It could not be any easier to NOT crosscheck someone in the face. The unfortunate part of the upcoming suspension is it will do absolutely nothing to deter him from repeating.
Which will just mean the next time it will be a double digit suspension.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:27 PM   #93
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Okay, no need to put words in my mouth while riding in on your high horse.

It's a dumb, reckless, selfish play. These types of things have been happening in hockey for all of time though. In a game where emotions and adrenaline run high and your constantly battling and hitting the same people over and over again tempers are going to flare. Doesn't make him a bad person.

For clarification on your end, as long as Kadri can still be an effective two way center there will be a home for him in the NHL. I can condemn the play without having to condemn him as a person. NHL playoffs are a physical battle and we see these things year after year.

So yeah, dumb, selfish play. Really hurt his team because he is a valuable player.
No no.... I didn't put words in your mouth. You actually typed that he's not a bad guy and he just snaps sometimes (paraphrasing). And if you took my post to be some personal attack, that wasn't the point I was trying to make, and I didn't mean it as an attack on you personally. But I do think Kadri is a bad guy, and he's exactly the type of guy that is bringing contact in the game under closer scrutiny... Not just illegal contact, but all contact.

As for my high horse, I'll reserve the right to speak out against aggressive contact that is outside the rules of the game, conducted by idiots that can't control their emotions. The alternative is to let everyone have their way, and say nothing, until the league has no choice but to start limiting legal contact (which I like, and IS part of the game).

Last edited by FlamesFanTrev; 04-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 04-15-2019, 01:54 PM   #94
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

How is it possible that this isn't done yet?

It shouldn't even had to wait the extra day. It's three hours to puck drop now.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #95
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1117874587704762368
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #96
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Assuming Kadri leveled Colin Campbell
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #97
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Assuming Kadri leveled Colin Campbell
nah just gave him a throat slash gesture
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #98
1991 Canadian
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am guessing it will be 4 games. Having Kadri back for a potential game 7 will be a huge marketing and selling point.

I find these suspension situations very insincere. In public, the NHL has to be appear to come down hard in the name of player safety. In private they are secretly cheering for this level of hate and vitriol. Game 3 Leafs-Bruins is must see tv for hockey fans.

At the end of the day, the NHL is in the entertainment business. These decisions will always be done in a way that maximizes revenue. It is the same reason why a guy like Kucherov will get more lenient suspensions than a Garnet Hathaway type player.
1991 Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #99
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Trading Brodie for a forward would actually be a pretty smart thing to do, but it wouldn't make sense at this juncture for it to be Kadri.
I think Kadri would be a fine return for Brodie. A Bennett-Kadri or Tkachuk-Kadri combo would be pretty entertaining.

I feel like the Flames move Brodie for picks to save the cap space and give room for Valimaki next season. If they move him for a forward a guy like Kadri would be very reasonable. Unless Jankowski is taking a big step I wouldn’t be opposed to adding another center.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #100
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991 Canadian View Post
I am guessing it will be 4 games. Having Kadri back for a potential game 7 will be a huge marketing and selling point.
Yeah, no. The last thing the NHL wants is for a game 7 to potentially be marred by either Kadri being an idiot again, or by someone from Boston taking him out. There is zero chance that the league would even consider this angle as a positive argument for a suspension that short.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post: