Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #3521
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

NSFW: Beloved childhood character with a potty mouth.

Last edited by DownInFlames; 08-13-2019 at 11:00 AM.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 07:29 AM   #3522
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

how about some NSFW for that...I just started playing this and my son recognized the voice of "donkey" right away and then the :25 second mark hit.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:03 AM   #3523
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
how about some NSFW for that...I just started playing this and my son recognized the voice of "donkey" right away and then the :25 second mark hit.
Why is your son at work with you?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #3524
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its summertime! only work during the school year...except I'm taking another 6 months off for paternity leave! I guess that makes me a stay at home dad for now so technically my son is part of my work...

Just saying if it has swearing there should be some kind of warning...or change the tag to NSFK?

Lol either way it looks hilarious
Old 08-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #3525
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
There is some great international content on Netflix right now.

Money Heist season 3 recently came out, and season 4 is reportedly already filming. Surprised more people here aren’t talking about it as season 3 was reportedly viewed by over 34 million Netflix viewers its first week. If you haven’t watched it, you should. It’s clever and fun, and bingeable.

Babylon Berlin is also very good. Set in 1929, it is a fictional story, sort of noir-ish. It is based on a series of books, and each one set in a year from 1929 through 1936, when Germany made its transition from democracy to dictatorship. So it is somewhat timely, to explore how that transition may have happened.

Both highly recommended
Money Heist season 1 and 2 was really good and the show ended with season 2. Season 3 is ridiculous, and we just had to stop watching. I can understand if you disagree, but just can't get past it.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #3526
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

BTW, checked out the new Katee Sakhoff show Another Life - Jebus, that is so bad I had to wonder if they were being ironic.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #3527
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
BTW, checked out the new Katee Sakhoff show Another Life - Jebus, that is so bad I had to wonder if they were being ironic.
Good to read this. I was thinking of starting it over the weekend, guess I'll avoid it now.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #3528
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
My wife and I forced our way through Another Life and it's straight up terrible. By the last episode we completely un-engaged with the story, my wife summed it up best "Our adrenaline is exhausted, they've cried wolf too many times to the point that I just don't care about any of these characters, or the aliens"

Spoiler!

Last edited by Regular_John; 08-15-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #3529
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
My wife and I forced our way through Another Life and it's straight up terrible. By the last episode we completely un-engaged with the story, my wife summed it up best "Our adrenaline is exhausted, they've cried wolf too many times to the point that I just don't care about any of these characters, or the aliens"

Spoiler!
Ya, a bunch of immature, emo morons - nice vetting process NASA. Unwatchable.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #3530
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I only lasted about 15-20 minutes into the first episode before bailing. Terrible acting and writing.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #3531
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I only lasted about 15-20 minutes into the first episode before bailing. Terrible acting and writing.
We made it to the end of episode 1. I don't know how Jaydorn and wife toughed it out through the season.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #3532
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I was heading out camping at a site with no services and no cell/data reception for a week. Downloaded the whole season of Another Life hoping it was going to be decent. My wife and I watched the whole season since I had nothing else on the tablet and had no way of getting more content.

Holy crap. What a pitiful excuse of a show. Every little thing about it was God awful. Totally embarrassing. Not one redeeming quality.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #3533
ballin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Mindhunter season 2 dropped today. Kinda forgot about this show but man did I love season 1. Little on the slow side but one of my favourite new shows of the past few years.
ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #3534
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm pretty much through it, and while it had some brilliant episodes and moments. The confessions in the desert for example was really good.

But the show became really inconsistent, they moved away from the ring stuff which had some great comedy in the past, and decided to bring up the relationships.

So the season really didn't have the comedy bite that it die.

If they do another season, I'll give it a shot, and hope that the strong writing returns.
I've got about 1-2 episodes left from this season and I'm absolutely loving it. I think the shift from a scrappy upstart crew, to an established team grinding out a show day by day has given GLOW a lot of breathing room.

The secondary characters are being fleshed out with more detail, and the established characters are developing and changing in ways that feel organic.

Spoiler!

At first I was a little "oh, they're not focusing on the wrestling?" and it kinda took me back as well, but after a few episodes I bought in on the idea of the wrestling being more of a backdrop, and less of a character, and individual lives of the characters being more of the focus.

I will agree there's a lot less laughs this season.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #3535
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm watching 'Happy Jail' and they have some solid marketing.

I always thought the:

"Due to High Cost of Ammo No Warning Shots Fired"

Was a bad bumper sticker. Apparently it also constitutes genuine prison policy.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #3536
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I was heading out camping at a site with no services and no cell/data reception for a week. Downloaded the whole season of Another Life hoping it was going to be decent. My wife and I watched the whole season since I had nothing else on the tablet and had no way of getting more content.

Holy crap. What a pitiful excuse of a show. Every little thing about it was God awful. Totally embarrassing. Not one redeeming quality.

Was it pissing rain your whole trip?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #3537
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like a good dog pile, so I'll chime in too:

Another Life is a huge disappointment. It's been a rough five episodes so far, I've had to rewind, gotten distracted, fell asleep for one. I keep hoping it'll get better. It hasn't.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #3538
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
I've got about 1-2 episodes left from this season and I'm absolutely loving it. I think the shift from a scrappy upstart crew, to an established team grinding out a show day by day has given GLOW a lot of breathing room.

The secondary characters are being fleshed out with more detail, and the established characters are developing and changing in ways that feel organic.

Spoiler!

At first I was a little "oh, they're not focusing on the wrestling?" and it kinda took me back as well, but after a few episodes I bought in on the idea of the wrestling being more of a backdrop, and less of a character, and individual lives of the characters being more of the focus.

I will agree there's a lot less laughs this season.
They definitely seem intent on using their platform to explore many, many issues. You’ve got pretty much every character either with some warp speed arc related to romance and/or self realization, then adding in your me-too, sexuality, racism, homophobia, etc.

It seems like they had a laundry list of ideas and wanted to cover everything rather than having space for anything to breathe and play out, so they were all thrown in for a battle royale.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #3539
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I was looking for Futurama and came across ‘Final Space’. Honestly thought the first episode was terrible. Was confused at why it was rated so high and read comments saying you need to get passed the first 2 episodes, and the story line comes together.

Well, I don’t know why I gave it more chances than the 1st one, but I’m glad I did. Actually really enjoyed it.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #3540
cupofjoe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin View Post
Mindhunter season 2 dropped today. Kinda forgot about this show but man did I love season 1. Little on the slow side but one of my favourite new shows of the past few years.
Love this show, found Season 1 on a Sunday (just after it came out) and that day turned into a complete write-off.

Yesterday ended with me falling asleep half-way through the final episode, not because it was boring etc, it was very late and I was determined to get to the end ..... and failed. Oh well, today I will re-watch the final episode and wait a couple years for season 3 and probably try to binge it in a day as well lol.
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cupofjoe For This Useful Post: