Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2017, 12:39 AM   #601
IntenseFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Well, when you're competing against a guy whose go-to insult is "word-thinker", it's not that hard to feel superior.
You don't even know what it means.

You have nothing.
IntenseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:41 AM   #602
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

This one was hard to watch.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:41 AM   #603
BigBird
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
This is still a very young team.
I know that but adding a top five pick would look good for the future. Yeah it's nice to make the playoffs but losing in the first round puts a nasty taste in my mouth. Still a very young team so maybe adding another year to the rebuild wouldn't be so bad.
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #604
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseFan View Post

You have nothing.
You don't even know what it means, because it means absolutely nothing. A thinker of words? Seriously? That's the best you can come up with?

I mean, come on. It's the internet, you can at least look up a good insult. If you can think up the right words to Google, of course. Seeing as how you consider being a "word-thinker" to be a bad thing, then I doubt you'd be able to do this.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #605
Slacker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That was disappointing. I was quite impressed by how loud the fans were tonight.

Come on boys, win on Wednesday!
Slacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #606
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I really can't agree. I mean, just look at where the 4th goal comes from. Sure, Perry skates across his sightline, but if the puck changes direction it's unnoticable even in the replay, so really shouldn't matter. This is as easy as it gets in the NHL.

To make it worse, after the goal Elliott is shouting goalie interference for some reason when it clearly wasn't even close. He's just so clearly losing it.

Yeah true. My comment about not many people having confidence in Johnson was in reference to players, not the fans.

I do see your point though. My personal preference is sticking with Elliott cuz I really don't like putting in a cold goalie and my confidence is pretty low in Johnson. But to each their own. Both sides have merit imo.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:44 AM   #607
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

RIP IntenseFan
Old 04-18-2017, 12:45 AM   #608
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

http://www.calgarypuck.com/2017/04/g...ad-series-3-0/
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:45 AM   #609
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
I know that but adding a top five pick would look good for the future. Yeah it's nice to make the playoffs but losing in the first round puts a nasty taste in my mouth. Still a very young team so maybe adding another year to the rebuild wouldn't be so bad.
So what are you suggesting? That they tank a year?

They're a young team that's getting better. You can't just dial them back and make them finish bottom five another year.

Between this suggestion and trading Gaudreau, it might be time for you to take a step back and think about what you're suggesting. Those are a couple of head-scratchers.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #610
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
RIP IntenseFan
At least I'm hammered, what's his excuse?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #611
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
When those 2 goals are shaky boo-boo ones, particularly that 2nd one late in the period, I think you have a pretty good case for making a goalie switch. Goals like that, whose fault lie mostly at the hands of the goaltender, can really affect the entire team.

That, along with the 2 boo boos in game 2, should be reason enough to finally tell him enough is enough.

Having said that I doubr Glen wants to go back to Elliott with so much at stake. If he does, I will be pretty angry since I'm attending the game and woukd rather have Gillies have a shot. But maybe Playoff Moose can miraculously show up still. Can't see it at this point though.

Yeah I do think it's time for a switch in starters, but really I don't have faith in Johnson lol he's just been way too super shaky.

Gilles would be awesome but I don't think GG could stand behind that decision.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #612
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back from the game. For some reason I was far more heartbroken after Game 2. Maybe because after that epic collapse in the third I realize our fate in this series is sealed. Ha the feeling on the radio is we could have been up 3-0. Ah no.

And how stupid am I? I did not want anything to do with the Oilers in round one and thought Anaheim would be an easier target than Chicago partly because of their injuries. And the funny thing is Anaheim has not played that well at all in the series. We beat ourselves fully and completely.

But it's apparent. There is something about that team. We simply cannot win against them. Period. Maybe that changes one day. But I doubt it.

Jealous of the fans of the other Canadian teams right now.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #613
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseFan View Post

You have nothing.
At least I have an accessible account

Old 04-18-2017, 12:47 AM   #614
tfi racing
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Ughh. It's just not gonna happen,I was way too optimistic hoping for a single Flames win in this series.Between being out-coached,poor goaltending and maybe some NHL shenanigans (doubtful,but who really knows?) this team is done next game.Too bad the ghosts of Ogie Oglithorpe,Dr Hook and the Screaming Buffalo couldn't be summoned from the minor leagues of Pennsylvania for some "old time hockey,eh" to end the season for a couple of the most deserving Ducks...
tfi racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:47 AM   #615
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
At least I'm hammered, what's his excuse?
I think he was one of those rare picture thinkers.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:47 AM   #616
BigBird
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
So what are you suggesting? That they tank a year?

They're a young team that's getting better. You can't just dial them back and make them finish bottom five another year.

Between this suggestion and trading Gaudreau, it might be time for you to take a step back and think about what you're suggesting. Those are a couple of head-scratchers.
We will never win with Johnny quote me on that.. I'll eat pubes if we ever win a cup with him on this team.
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:47 AM   #617
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Where's Giordano this series?
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #618
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think he was one of those rare picture thinkers.
See now that's where that no good book learnin will getcha
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #619
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
The refs are really letting them play on cp tonight... Playoff hockey
Makes it much easier to ban as the holes dug get that much deeper.

Just back from the game and gutted...but as soon as the second goal went in you had that feeling. I figured a Ducks PP would be the 4-3 goal or 4-4 goal.

Lots of thoughts, abandoning the plan and happy to get the puck out of the zone the last 26 minutes of the game, the refs rewriting the rule book on a 6'1 guy with his stick above his shoulder (thus higher then the cross bar), the 2nd goal being junk at the worst time going into the end of the second etc etc.

Flames didn't get dirty enough, and the point men can't seem or don't want to fire it at the net as much as the Ducks do.
Tkachuk hasn't really been the same since he was scolded by the Flames for letting his personality shine through on the Doughty thing.

Great game by Bennett.
One of the Flames tap ins happen at 3-1 and again at 4-1, and it was over..but that second goal swung the momentum along with the cross bar at the buzzer at the end of the second.

As one poster said, IMO about as undeserved a 3-0 lead as there is, but I don't think GG has the motivational style to get these guys back...its up to pride of the players themselves. Get a win Wed. Somehow fluke it out on Friday in ANA, as we're due a couple flukes. Get the Ducks having to come back here for next Sunday nervous and not wanting to go back next Tuesday. A long road ahead but anything is possible.

There's enough offseason to focus on the negative (though for some around here its a gleeful and smug year round pasttime), enjoy the playoff experience and dream the impossible.

Last edited by browna; 04-18-2017 at 12:50 AM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:49 AM   #620
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
See now that's where that no good book learnin will getcha
I can hand-count the number of times when I picture-thought instead of word-thinked. Ohh man, I get spine-shivers just brain-thinking about that.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: