Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #381
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Shot my first ever sub 90 score this past weekend... an 81 (shocking!) from the tips at Murfield Lakes. Glad to get that out of the way so early in the season, now back to showing mid/high 90's haha
rohara66 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #382
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Heritage is slightly cheaper too. Ah well should be a great day weather wise!

We are usually willing to go anywhere within 50km of Calgary. Just so happens a buddy is visiting from Fort Mac and staying in Canmore.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #383
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Shot my first ever sub 90 score this past weekend... an 81 (shocking!) from the tips at Murfield Lakes. Glad to get that out of the way so early in the season, now back to showing mid/high 90's haha
Wow that's impressive if its your first time in the 80's. You went straight to 81. Haha almost skipped the 80's entirely.
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #384
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you haven't ever broke 90 why are you playing the tips?
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #385
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Playing GlenEagles for the first time tomorrow, anyone play there yet this year?

At those prices the greens better be in pristine condition! Wanted to play Heritage Pointe but my group opted for GlenEagles.
I played there a few weeks back. Was in good condition. I don't think they had done much to their greens at that point so they are probably much better now, but I still thought they were in good condition.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #386
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain_e View Post
Wow that's impressive if its your first time in the 80's. You went straight to 81. Haha almost skipped the 80's entirely.
Thanks, and no kidding eh. I knew a 79 was going to be close (shot 40 on the front). I missed 2 puts that were within 5-7' all day (both on the back 9) that would have given me a 79 but I'll take an 81 all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
My buddies had played that course before and mentioned that it was short so we played from the tips. It was short-ish so worked out alright.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #387
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously playing the forward tees wasn't working.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #388
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get it worked out, but my biggest golf pet peeve is people not playing the right tees. Wastes so much time.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #389
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Temporary K-Country website with details on the flood and rebuild:

http://kananaskisgolf.com/
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #390
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I get it worked out, but my biggest golf pet peeve is people not playing the right tees. Wastes so much time.
I can sense hostility in your posts...

Honestly I don't shoot mid/high 90's because I can't hit the ball long and straight off the tee. I shoot those high scores because my approach shots and chipping is usually god awful. Whether I have an extra 20-50yards off the tee doesn't slow me down, in fact when we play off two separate tee boxes in our group its way slower. Something to consider.

Also we finished our round in 4 hours which was nice. I also hate those 5+ hour rounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #391
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

The tips at Muirfield is basically the blue/white combo at many courses, so I don't see it as a huge issue. First time I played there I played the blue tees by default without checking the scorecard and it was by far the easiest course I've ever played (and my score was awesome for some reason).

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #392
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can sense hostility in your posts...

Honestly I don't shoot mid/high 90's because I can't hit the ball long and straight off the tee. I shoot those high scores because my approach shots and chipping is usually god awful. Whether I have an extra 20-50yards off the tee doesn't slow me down, in fact when we play off two separate tee boxes in our group its way slower. Something to consider.

Also we finished our round in 4 hours which was nice. I also hate those 5+ hour rounds.
Keep in mind that if you are hitting your approach with a 9 iron, you are more likely to hit the green than if you were using a 4 iron. Having tees 20-50 yards further ahead will hopefully put a better club in your hand on your 2nd shot, or allow you to play a 3 wood off the tee instead of a driver.

I played Sunday, and hit 11 of 13 fairways, which is my best ever. All of them were fairly long (for me), which felt good. The two fairways I missed, I put them to the right behind some trees, and made par on both of them. I putted horribly on the back nine, and had three 3 putts to shoot an 84.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #393
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Yeah, Muirfield is pretty short: I played blues there after coming back from an injury and shot a 72 playing pretty poorly. But I didn't need to hit driver once, so there's that.

I was chewed up, spit out, and left for dead at the Jack Nicklaus course at Moon Palace in Cancun last week. After a very bad sunburn owing to not reapplying the 'ole sunscreen after too many cervezas, I played two rounds where every swing felt like my back was ripping open.

Solid mid 90s both rounds. Many lost balls. Much pain.

One of the 9s - the Dunes - is a very difficult course! Bunkers were positioned perfectly to catch every one of my drives even when hit perfectly.

Would recommend though!
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #394
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love Muirfield. Such a cool links course.

They need to bring back the groupon!

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:50 PM   #395
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

If any of the better players are in the market for new clubs, please, please, please go hit the new Titleist irons. They are simply glorious. The AP2s are absolutely perfect. I hit them in AZ and tried them again at a demo day this past weekend on a grass range. The price is a bit steep, but I got 6 good years out of my last set.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2016, 08:30 AM   #396
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
I love Muirfield. Such a cool links course.

They need to bring back the groupon!
I just looked at the website and it is apparently $38 a round at the moment. How much cheaper can you get?
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #397
EuKnoLikeMonny
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Well, just bit the bullet and got a membership at Inglewood. Hard to think I'll go wrong for 2K, considering it's on my way to/from work, and as I've discovered lately a great place to hang out for an hour and drive some balls while traffic goes on downtown etc.

Now that I've got some money invested, I'll be sure to make myself go often enough to improve my game. First year in a long time haven't had any summer sports lined up so this is as good a year as any to give it a try.

If any CP'ers want to join for some twilight after work one night let me know, will be playing alone/super twilight for the most part I imagine!
EuKnoLikeMonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #398
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Playing Inglewood in an hour!
Old 05-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #399
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuKnoLikeMonny View Post
If any CP'ers want to join for some twilight after work one night let me know, will be playing alone/super twilight for the most part I imagine!
I love playing single late in the afternoon. I can think about things and life in general; play two balls to improve my swing etc. You'll go home tired and sleep better. Feels a little weird at first but there're actually a lot of single players in the summer out there playing in the evenings.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #400
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I just looked at the website and it is apparently $38 a round at the moment. How much cheaper can you get?
Uhhh where did you see that? It's $88 with a cart on weekend, $65 weekday.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow