Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2022, 11:45 AM   #501
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Tempted to watch the tape of the shifts after we tied it.

Disappointed we didn’t weather the storm and get to the third period tied. That was critical and the coaches should have been asked about that.

Disappointed is sure the way with this franchise.
You'll see Chucky get schooled with the old basketball cross over on the winning goal.
Got his ankles broken there, on his ass.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 12:02 PM   #502
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liked seeing Johnny give it to the team at the end there. Some players really need to wake up. As a team, the execution needs to be better. Shots need to get through. Passes need to be completed. Dallas has done a good job of getting in lanes, but it’s not an excuse. Red to be better. Move it faster, shoot it quicker. I see lots of opportunities to shoot being forgone or delayed looking for one more pass that ends up in a worse of chance. Shoot the puck then crash the net.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:35 PM   #503
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a frustrating game and the first one I don’t think the Flames were clearly the better team. The first period looked like we were going to end it but their stupid goalie kept them in. Very weak goal on Markstrom the first one then he was elite the rest of the way. When he made that remarkable save in the third I felt like we were going to make that count and come back.

I am nervous about game 7 and I think the Dome will be as well. Flames need to score first tomorrow or Dallas will completely neutralize the C of Red until the Flames respond.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:59 PM   #504
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisers View Post
This team is so bad . Out hit , out shot and outplayed . Pathetic. Reminds me of the series against Colorado

This team is so bad? Out shot? You just pick one game that the Stars BARELY out shot the Flames and come in here and saying the team is so bad? Really? It's funny that your username is Wisers, and clearly you aren't.

Shots

GM 1 - 26 - 22 Flames

GM 2 - 29- 23 Flames

GM 3 - 41 - 32 Flames

Gm 4 - 54 -32 Flames

GM 5 - 32 - 21 Flames
GM 6 - 40 - 38 Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
What series are you watching?

Obviously, he only watched one game.
midniteowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #505
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What a disappointing showing for an elimination game. Dallas deserved every bit of that victory. This series is going to 7 because ultimately, there hasn’t been enough accomplished and by not enough players. It’s the fear I had going into this series where the top lines would ultimately cancel eachother out and then it becomes depth vs depth.

All I heard going into this series is that Dallas is one line team and the Flames have the supposed depth advantage from top to bottom, but where exactly is the depth scoring? 8 of the team’s 12 goals have come from 3 sources and Gaudreau has been on 50% of this team’s goals.

There are still too many goose eggs all over the lineup. I know Oettinger’s been phenomenal, but this team has a knack for making goaltenders look better then they are simply because they lack finishing ability.

It’s gut check time and many players, too many to name have to look at themselves in the mirror and find a new level. Dig deep and do it because this team is out of excuses.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 02:20 PM   #506
Dragomir
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Liked seeing Johnny give it to the team at the end there. Some players really need to wake up. As a team, the execution needs to be better. Shots need to get through. Passes need to be completed. Dallas has done a good job of getting in lanes, but it’s not an excuse. Red to be better. Move it faster, shoot it quicker. I see lots of opportunities to shoot being forgone or delayed looking for one more pass that ends up in a worse of chance. Shoot the puck then crash the net.
Johnny is one of the few forwards who has stepped up and actually cares, I've gained respect for him. Tkachuk on the other hand thinks being some fake tough guy is more important than actually playing the game and can now barely lace up his own skates. Life is hardest when you're dumb.
Dragomir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragomir For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 02:25 PM   #507
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Didn’t watch the game yet on the pvr. Looked at the highlights though…. The Zadorov hit seemed to energize the Stars big time judging by the shots on goal at the time. Then I watched the Tanev injury/Stars goal. Wtf was that??? What a clown fire drill! Omg….
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:30 PM   #508
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragomir View Post
Johnny is one of the few forwards who has stepped up and actually cares, I've gained respect for him. Tkachuk on the other hand thinks being some fake tough guy is more important than actually playing the game and can now barely lace up his own skates. Life is hardest when you're dumb.
Agreed. Tkachuk is dangerously close to becoming a parody of himself. Wasn’t a fan of the way he was acting early on, but at least it was the product of intensity. The last few games I’ve barely noticed him. Not what you need from a 100pt player. Brad Marchand in his prime was acting like a clown AND dominating the scoresheet.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:37 PM   #509
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keith needs to sit him down today and set him straight.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #510
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tying the game was exciting. Just doing that was an accomplishment that gives me belief if they can just find one more desperate game. Clearly Dallas was the more desperate team, will be interesting to see what happens when both are in full desperation mode.

Btw I thought they were picking up momentum in the third but the Zadorov penalty (tripping? BS. Clearly a makeup call) ended up disrupting the flow.

In Sutter We Trust.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1525507690306355204

Last edited by Flames0910; 05-14-2022 at 02:43 PM.
Flames0910 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #511
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

The refs were, as usual, bad all around. They missed a few obvious ones against the Flames and even gave the Flames a late chance to tie on the PP.

Flames lost it for themselves
Old 05-14-2022, 02:51 PM   #512
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

There’s a lot of talk about Tkachuk playing injured, but to me, unless there’s an injury to his groin or feet, then it shouldn’t be a factor because it’s his skating that’s holding him back the most right now.

He just can’t seem to keep up with the pace of the game. There’s lots of one and dones so there’s lots of skating up and down out there which does not suit his game one bit. The middle of the ice is clogged to hell and the checking is so tight that he and Gaudreau are having a hard time playing off each other.

At the very least Johnny can turn the play up quick and capitalize on the Star’s mistakes, but Chucky can’t do that. It’s tough to watch #19 out there right now just plodding away trying to do anything. At this point, I’m ready to see him taken off the the top line and pushed down to the bottom 6 where his poor play can be limited.

Tkachuk has probably hurt his line more than help, so If I’m Darryl, I’m shortening the bench and using the few guys that have actually made real contributions. I’d even think about sticking Lewis on the top line where he can win more puck battles and retrieve the puck for Gaudreau and Lindholm so they can create. The second line can stay as is because they’ve looked the best out of any other line against the Stars.

The bottom 6 can probably be interchanged using whatever combination that fits. Their ice time should be limited anyway, no point in saving the legs of your stars any way if you lose tomorrow. Might as well play the heck out of them.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #513
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^can't thank. So thanks.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:15 PM   #514
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting that the Flames had their highest number of shots in the games in Dallas.

Flames need to find a way to break through at home in Game 7.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:21 PM   #515
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Interesting that the Flames had their highest number of shots in the games in Dallas.

Flames need to find a way to break through at home in Game 7.
Could just be the counters, no?

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:32 PM   #516
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I'm with Mr. Coffee on this one.

Show up and play your heart out ... out shoot and out chance the Stars. If they lose doing that I'll be 1000% more satisfied than coming out jittery and off their game.

For sure, its obviously preferable that they leave it all out there no matter the result. But man, this team is due for a first round win. Its almost unbearable to think they could be out in round 1, yet again. This fanbase deserves a better fate. The Flames must win this thing. The silver lining is I actually think this year things are different and the Flames are the better team, and will make it happen. But if it doesn't, given the year they had, its going to be a super tough pill to swallow. Expectations have to be for this team to make noise in the playoffs at this point. No one can be satisfied with a first round exit (team or fans).

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:35 PM   #517
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So many godawful takes.

Are these posters this dramatic in their own lives at the first hint of adversity?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #518
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
You'll see Chucky get schooled with the old basketball cross over on the winning goal.
Got his ankles broken there, on his ass.
His head is in his ass right from the first shift
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:46 PM   #519
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragomir View Post
Johnny has been great. Any prior concerns about playoff performances can be put to rest now. I think he's continued his elite play from the season.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:50 PM   #520
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
So many godawful takes.

Are these posters this dramatic in their own lives at the first hint of adversity?

If the last 2.5 years has taught me anything, it’s that people are definitely that dramatic in their own lives.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: