Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2022, 05:44 AM   #381
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
Listen, I admire the positive attitude, we clash all the time but at the end of the day we both bleed this team, but hes got a track record (3 goals, 9 points, 21 playoff games). His poor skating gets exposed this time of year when the speed of the game picks up. He needs to figure it out and find a way.
No way this is just chucky’s skating getting exposed. The only explanation is that he’s hurt. It’s hard to fathom he could be this bad practically overnight.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:52 AM   #382
Flame19,289
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1525224951061659650

The moon will turn RED during Sunday night’s game.
Coincidence? I think not.
Go, Flames, Go!

Last edited by Flame19,289; 05-14-2022 at 06:03 AM.
Flame19,289 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flame19,289 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 06:05 AM   #383
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Panthers broke through and ended the drought last night, and I've been getting the same vibe from the Flames, that they're about to break through this obstacle. No shame in their game last night, they just weren't ready for the desperation of the Stars. Plus, they have a good crowd and they play extremely well at home. However, they're not very good on the road and the Flames have been pretty dominant on home ice. Oettinger with another few saves that were very lucky to not bounce our way. I think he's getting in the Flames' heads a little, but they have to just keep plugging away.

I'm calling it now: The Flames will win on Sunday 3-1 and move on to the next round.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 06:40 AM   #384
PuckSlap
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We have 3 40 goals scorers and and 30+

We keep Johnny and lindy, move the rest and start a light rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PuckSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:55 AM   #385
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Win more face offs = more success
The Hendog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:19 AM   #386
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Eloranta View Post
Toffoli yes, Jarnkrok no. Doesn’t score, doesn’t hit and can’t win a face off to save his life. I wish Darryl would bench his ass but he won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to go and look at the trade deadline threads. Posters were begging for Treliving to get Jarnkrok. I actually don’t recall anyone responding that it would be a bad trade.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:20 AM   #387
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's pretty sad that a relatively average team in Dallas has been able to basically dictate the flow of the game the entire series.

Maybe I have just overestimated how good the flames are. They haven't been able to play their game, their style and what made them successful, much this series.

Sunday is basically a coin flip, that I think favours Dallas (less pressure as the underdog). This feels like the flames teams after the cup in 89. Where you had so much hope going into the playoffs only to see them get tripped up every first round.

Last edited by bubbsy; 05-14-2022 at 07:22 AM.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:27 AM   #388
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

My only question is - why can no one spell Toffoli?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 07:33 AM   #389
Njord
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I personally thought the Flames didn't shoot enough. There were several times where they had the lane to shoot at the net but instead passed the puck to try and get the "perfect" goal. Against Dallas and a goalie as hot as Oettinger is you need to get as many dirty lucky goals as you can. Shoot the puck and crash the net.
Njord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Njord For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 07:38 AM   #390
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Sutter seems angry. I think he hates losing.
Do you think?

He also understands you can't win every game and sometimes the other team plays better. I would love to know how he approached this loss with the team.. There is no one better than Darryl to get this to the finish line. Go Flames!
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:41 AM   #391
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I feel sorry for Kylington. He breaks his stick enabling Dallas to get into our zone with numbers and they score the first goal (which wouldn’t happen if Markstrom’s paddle is on the ice). On the second Dallas goal, he falls and inadvertently takes out his D partner Tanev who gets kneed in the back by the goal scorer Raffl. Jeebus.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick M. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 07:43 AM   #392
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Thr Flames had a lot of chances and Markstrom let in 2 goals he usually doesn't. Tomorrow is a very winnable game.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hackey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 07:45 AM   #393
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
You need to go and look at the trade deadline threads. Posters were begging for Treliving to get Jarnkrok. I actually don’t recall anyone responding that it would be a bad trade.
I always find it hilarious how the people who claim to have known that trades were awful and should get the GM fired don’t speak up until after the players fail to perform.

Interesting how they never post about how crappy the players are when the trades are rumoured or right after they happen.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:49 AM   #394
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Tkachuk is playing injured I want the medical team shipped to the gulags, the Monahan saga should've been a big enough indictment, if we're doing the same thing with a second star I don't even know what the #### to say
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scornfire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2022, 07:51 AM   #395
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
If Tkachuk is playing injured I want the medical team shipped to the gulags, the Monahan saga should've been a big enough indictment, if we're doing the same thing with a second star I don't even know what the #### to say
Huh? Guys play hurt all the time in the playoffs. Shutting Chucky down for the season doesn’t help anybody. What does the medical staff have to do with it? You think they can magically heal him and are just choosing not to?
Old 05-14-2022, 07:52 AM   #396
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I always find it hilarious how the people who claim to have known that trades were awful and should get the GM fired don’t speak up until after the players fail to perform.

Interesting how they never post about how crappy the players are when the trades are rumoured or right after they happen.
I find it hilarious that people think if a GM makes trades that a message board support it somehow means the move makes sense/was a good move.

I don't think either player is crappy. I was excited to acquire both players and thought they made our team deeper and better.

However, when you 'go for it' and trades assets and the two players you bring in are a non-factor, it is a failure as a GM (And of the players for sure)

There is still lots of time to turn it around. Win Sunday, and maybe one or both gets hot next round and BT made 2 great trades.

However, if we loose on Sunday the performance of these players will play a big part in BT loosing his job. (My opinion is he is out of a job if we loose Sunday)
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:54 AM   #397
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga12 View Post
As a Flames fan, I just can't feel very confident about Game 7... and if Tanev is out? Could be trouble. Tkachuk... Toffoli... Jarnkrok... Dube... Need some production.
Yeah, in my time as a fan, Flames are 1-6 in game 7s, and 0-4 in those on home ice....I'm definitely worried. I still think the Flames should win, but fully prepared to be dragging my butt in to work on Monday all grumpy. Gonna be massive on Sunday night, hopefully they can close this out.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:56 AM   #398
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragomir View Post
Treliving needs to get fired for the horrible Toffoli and Jarnkrok trades.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:01 AM   #399
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I don’t want Chucky to be hurt but it would at least explain his lacklustre play. On the other hand, if he’s hurt it means he’s probably gonna keep sucking in round 2 so I’d prefer if he was just slumping hard. But if he’s slumping them I’m kinda pissed that he’s looked like he’s mailing it in this series.
Maybe he’s pouting because Sutter told him to stick to playing hockey after his early antics
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:03 AM   #400
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah, in my time as a fan, Flames are 1-6 in game 7s, and 0-4 in those on home ice....I'm definitely worried. I still think the Flames should win, but fully prepared to be dragging my butt in to work on Monday all grumpy. Gonna be massive on Sunday night, hopefully they can close this out.
Don’t take that energy into tomorrow. You have all summer to be grumpy should they lose on Sunday. These streaks that transcend players, management terms and generations only become a ‘thing’ when their fans keep talking about it. Look at the Leafs last year, the fanbase psyched them out of winning any of the elimination games vs. the Canadiens.

Last edited by Cowboy89; 05-14-2022 at 08:05 AM.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote