Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2022, 11:39 PM   #301
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
Just based on watching, hes expecting them to go high and if the Flames player delays a bit and he doesn't budge, sometimes he will even lift his pad off the ice cause he knows they are going high. SHOOT 5 hole on the guy, pump fake or delay and he seems to sell out on the high shot, slide it 5 hole.
yeah, I agree the Oettinger has been ready for those shots... I think Johnny faked going blocker and then did slip it five hole on his penalty shot...

He does give up a lot of rebounds as well, but Calgary rarely seems to be in place for a put back... rather than shots directly at the net, having guys off to the side for a slap pass tip is another strategy. Oettinger is seeing everything and the things he doesn't see, Dallas seems to be blocking a lot of them...

going to need to get some greasy goals...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2022, 11:40 PM   #302
TheChief
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Id like to see Tkachuk take a quick shot for once. Seems like he hangs onto it way to long, and not a good long to make the goalie think "wtf" like Gio used to...a bad long.
TheChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:40 PM   #303
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Bo you've been a pretty active participant in this PGT but not the two before this.

You say you don't have time for reading PGTs but here you are.

Come on, man. We're in a do or die situation now. It is what it is. So what's the point of being glass empty before the puck has even dropped?

Heck, you lending the team your belief for one night might be the last bit of juju they need to end this thing.

Maybe just try switching it up, or just not going off the edge like usual.
It's a Friday night, not a wednesday night. Also, I think the Flames will win on Sunday.

But this series going to seven is a disappointing result, regardless of Sunday's outcome. The Flames should have had the intestinal fortitude to close it out tonight.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:40 PM   #304
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
K for Sunday,

I'd have Jarnkrok bumped to the wing or just not taking draws because we need to win some faceoffs.

And I'd have the Backlund line from game 5.

Otherwise we're fine. We've shown that we have the ability in that room.
I can't see any scenario that Jarnkrok plays centre after going 0/12 in the face-off circle tonight.

Assuming Tanev is out which I expect he will be i'd like to see

gaudreau-lindholm-toffoli
mang-backs-coleman
jarnkrok-dube-tkachuk
lewis-ruzicka-lucic

hanifin-rasmus
stone-kylington
zadorov-gudbranson

markstrom
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:40 PM   #305
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
No, I don't think he will. On the other hand, a rookie is making our lineup look foolish at the moment.

And Jarnkrok sucks. The fact that we only have three actual centers on the team is on Tre.
You posted like 1 time in the win PGT and about 29 times tonight. Remember that next time you are crying about your bad reputation on here.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:41 PM   #306
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
It's a Friday night, not a wednesday night. Also, I think the Flames will win on Sunday.

But this series going to seven is a disappointing result, regardless of Sunday's outcome. The Flames should have had the intestinal fortitude to close it out tonight.
Well I guess this is at least a step forward lol.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2022, 11:42 PM   #307
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The 89 and 04 Flames went to 7 after losing game 6...winning in 7 wouldn't be a disappointing result.

Win is a win
Old 05-13-2022, 11:43 PM   #308
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
I can't see any scenario that Jarnkrok plays centre after going 0/12 in the face-off circle tonight.

Assuming Tanev is out which I expect he will be i'd like to see

gaudreau-lindholm-toffoli
mang-backs-coleman
jarnkrok-dube-tkachuk
lewis-ruzicka-lucic

hanifin-rasmus
stone-kylington
zadorov-gudbranson

markstrom
Probably better to put Carpenter in instead of Ruzicka, but either would likely be an improvement.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:43 PM   #309
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It sounds nuts but I have a good feeling about letting Ruzicka draw in, too.

You need a slightly different look to throw Dallas/Bowness off (one more time).
Old 05-13-2022, 11:44 PM   #310
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

@djsFlames should post a Wall of Shame and put a picture of every Flames player on it.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:45 PM   #311
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'll be happy just to make more iterations of it.

I have a feeling that I will be.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:45 PM   #312
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
yeah, I agree the Oettinger has been ready for those shots... I think Johnny faked going blocker and then did slip it five hole on his penalty shot...

He does give up a lot of rebounds as well, but Calgary rarely seems to be in place for a put back... rather than shots directly at the net, having guys off to the side for a slap pass tip is another strategy. Oettinger is seeing everything and the things he doesn't see, Dallas seems to be blocking a lot of them...

going to need to get some greasy goals...

Yeah I was thinking about the same thing. Backlund scored the tying goal in game 4 just like that, Mang slap passed the puck to Backs and he just east tip in. Also, Flames didn't seem to be able to crash the net enough. When the Stars attack, they seem to be able to have a lot of player near the net and they didn't shoot the puck at the net, almost seem like they are trying to have some weird rebounds or hit someone's skate and into the net.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:45 PM   #313
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Regardless? So if they win Game 7 you're still going to be disappointed? That's like saying if the Flames win the game 4-3 it's a disappointing result the other team had tied it up at 3-3.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:46 PM   #314
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Surely Ritchie draws back in for the toughness, only reason he’s out is to make space for Stone

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:46 PM   #315
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
Regardless? So if they win Game 7 you're still going to be disappointed? That's like saying if the Flames win the game 4-3 it's a disappointing result the other team had tied it up at 3-3.
No, it's like saying the Flames should never have let this series get to 7. Which is what I said. No need for analogies.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:47 PM   #316
Scary Eloranta
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I never expected anything from jarnkrap but tkachuk just seems like a mental basket case when playoffs come around. An absolute no show.

If tanev is done I don’t like our chances is game 7. And is it possible zadorov will get a game? So hard to tell from the replay and you never know with the nhl.

It looks quite bleak for the flames right now…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scary Eloranta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:47 PM   #317
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperiggy View Post
Is the game just too fast or are we just too slow?
No doubt its a fast game but this is a 7 game series. Players and coaches need to be looking at video and picking up on stuff like this. We are so deep in the series and they continue to do the same thing. At some point now the shooter, before he even gets the puck, should have that in the back of his mind. Yet they continue to challenge him blocker side, i'm honestly baffled by it.

The kid is playing out of his mind, the Flames have generated lots, but as a team you have to break through at some point, the kid is literally the first star every game. That can't happen.

Figure it the **** out.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:47 PM   #318
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post

Flames winning game 7 of course he'll be disappointed, he won't be able to come in and smirk.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:47 PM   #319
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
The 89 and 04 Flames went to 7 after losing game 6...winning in 7 wouldn't be a disappointing result.

Win is a win
Only downside is the extra wear and tear on our guys, like in 04 we just had too many guys go down.

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:49 PM   #320
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think Tkachuk is going to troll us all and arrive just in time to save the day and make us eat our words.