Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #101
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Your sig is too cluttered for a bench ad: too many fonts, too many colours, and it's not easy for the eye to follow. How is someone driving by at 40km/hr supposed to get through all that? But I agree that the colour scheme is solid and can be worked with.
That's the big thing. People driving by might remember one thing from a bus bench, and that will probably only be after they drive past it every day for a month. Ideally, you want that one thing to be your name.

No one will remember a phone number or email address, but if they remember your name, they can always find you on Google or in the phone book (do they still make those?).

A witty slogan can be good if it helps people remember your name, but the danger is that if the slogan is too witty, it's all people will remember. Back in the 80s, "Where's the Beef?" was probably the most famous ad slogan of the time, but even though everyone was saying it, a high percentage of people couldn't remember that it was an ad for Wendy's, so they didn't benefit from their great slogan.

I'd keep it simple with a photo on the left side of the bench, and on the right something like:

Buying or Selling?
Contact
TRAVIS MUNROE
tmunroe.com

The biggest mistake advertisers constantly make is trying to convey too much information in an ad. One strong image and one strong message will always be better than trying to say everything at once.

This is a video that was produced a few years ago by the in-house designers at Microsoft, who were annoyed by constantly be forced to create cluttered busy packaging for their products, rather than the clean designs that Apple had for their stuff...

Old 12-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #102
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Great points everyone.... I appreciate them all and try to give back to cp in any way possible.

For the email address. I have taken the advice of a number of you and the new email is info@tmunroe.com which is forwarded to my gmail so I can still use that platform.

The point above about the "wheres the beef" slogan and trying to convey too much in a single ad was great advice.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #103
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

good work on the personal domain!

The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #104
Scotian Lotion
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I would suggest using the word "Integrity" somewhere if possible (assuming you have it).

.. and as shallow as it seems, it's your picture, that most people are going to look at on a bench ad. As long as you don't look like a sleezy car salesman, you're half way there.

I just sold my house privately and, as you probably know, I received over a dozen Realtor phone calls a day, for 3 weeks straight. They all had some filthy tactics, but the ones that showed respect for my choice are the ones I let in my home to look at it... so yea, I'd stay away from anything that comes across as aggressive or greedy.

People hiring you need to know you're working for their best interest... so I think 'Integrity' gives people some comfort in hiring someone who will get them results they can feel good about.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #105
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What I would like to see from a realtor:

"I work for 0.01% commission but put in 100% effort."
Old 12-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #106
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian Lotion View Post
I would suggest using the word "Integrity" somewhere if possible (assuming you have it).

.. and as shallow as it seems, it's your picture, that most people are going to look at on a bench ad. As long as you don't look like a sleezy car salesman, you're half way there.

I just sold my house privately and, as you probably know, I received over a dozen Realtor phone calls a day, for 3 weeks straight. They all had some filthy tactics, but the ones that showed respect for my choice are the ones I let in my home to look at it... so yea, I'd stay away from anything that comes across as aggressive or greedy.

People hiring you need to know you're working for their best interest... so I think 'Integrity' gives people some comfort in hiring someone who will get them results they can feel good about.

Thank you and congrats on the sale. It does work for some people and I 100% respect those who try. Fact is most end up hiring a realtor so being pushy while they try to sell on their own is a near guarantee they wont consider you if it doesnt sell.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #107
Scotian Lotion
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Fact is most end up hiring a realtor...
I agree.

Though in the town I sold in, an agent with a faint pulse, can sell a house in less than 5 days just due to the exposure they can provide with the Realtor listing vs. private sale.

It took me 22 days, and NONE of my traffic came from the internet. It was all from signs out on the streets and having Open Houses that were well signed in the community.

Private Selling would be easy if regular people had access to the same tools as Realtors to provide exposure to the massive buyer pool.
Sure, we can do MLS now, but it's not exactly the same thing, as you know.

That said, I'd love to get in to Real Estate. My buyers were working with an agent and the back and forth mindf*** of the negotiation was a rush. In the end, I got the agent to take the hit, so I could net my bottom line.

He took $9000 including the HST, flat rate, on a $400000 transaction. When I got him to include the HST, that is when I felt victorious. It killed him inside to take less than 2.5%.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #108
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love I'm late on this one, but you need to come up with something along these lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
Old 04-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #109
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

that cant be real lol, The slogans in I love you man were at least funny...this one is just awkward.
I still don't have a slogan but did take the suggestion right away on a @tmunroe.com email which, looking back should have been a no brainer.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #110
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I still don't have a slogan but did take the suggestion right away on a @tmunroe.com email which, looking back should have been a no brainer.
You can send me the $50 via PayPal or Bank Draft.
The Following User Says Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #111
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
that cant be real lol, The slogans in I love you man were at least funny...this one is just awkward.
It looks like it might be real, and that he got fired for it. There are links to the original story from the link below.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/rich-w...ation-ad-12125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
Old 04-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #112
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Travis Munroe

"Will definitely wear pants at every open house"
Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #113
Madman
Franchise Player