Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #21
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yeah I imagine that view would be tough to give up. My wife and I have batted around the idea of buying a place downtown to use as a vacation property when we are older and keep our place in the burbs. I think it would be so fun and we'd use it more than a place in Invermere or somewhere like that. Kind of silly but there is seriously a good chance we will do it lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
A bit pricier but there is a Sunterra a few blocks away. And a Shopper's Drug Mart.
Yeah there's a Sunterra in the Keynote building but it is definitely pricer and it doesn't have near the selection of regular grocery stores (Safeway, Sobey's, Co-op).
Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #23
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Bump for open house this weekend.
Saw a porsche last weekend underground that the individual I showed the condo too said it was worth over half a mill!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 09-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
AmandaT
Draft Pick

What's the low end these condos go for? I saw in this post that there was another one opened for $389,000. Is that the low-end? I'm guessing you pay for the view here which is really nice.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #25
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I'll post all units available later on however lower priced units are 1 br in the high 300s

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #26
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post
What's the low end these condos go for? I saw in this post that there was another one opened for $389,000. Is that the low-end? I'm guessing you pay for the view here which is really nice.
I doubt you'll find anything lower than the mid 300s for one bedrooms in the building.

Unit sizes are larger than most other point towers in the city, quality was very well done, 24 hour security, a prime location as the east village and stampede park redevelop, and yes the views are some of the best in the city from a condo building.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #27
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Nice place, Nik Hon living there notwithstanding .

I see lot size is different than the total area, can you let me know why the difference?

Also, how does the location of this unit relate to known approved developments and planned developments in the area (i.e. the view, how long will it have unobstructed views if those plans go forward, and in that regard which side of the building is most desirable?

Finally, how is the sound in the building from above, below and adjacent? Any real idea other than what the owner has told you?

I'm only kicking tires but have a friend looking pretty seriously for a downtown condo.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #28
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Condo registered size is often different that the actual square footage because the registered condo size can include wall thickness/patio etc.

IMO this is hands down the best side of the building to be on. If you are facing west it is only a matter of time before you are looking into someone elses living room (2nd tower going up). If you face north you do not have a whole lot to look at and the train tracks are right there. This unit faces south and east. The stampede expansion is not going to do anything but improve your view to the south and I know of no plans right now for the east. I have heard that the Hon's own a bunch of that real estate and I also heard the stampede owns it.
Perhaps someone can confirm but I heard that the saddledome might be moved a few blocks north when re built. If this is true I would suspect it will go right in that back corner between the tracks and the current saddledome. This wouldn't hurt your view and would eliminate the options for someone to build a high rise to the east.

I have sold a few units in the building and hear next to no noise while holding open houses (excluding the finishing touches on that road construction out front).

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #29
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Stampede owns all the land south of 12th avenue. Parcels of land to the east are held by others and a huge chunk is owned by Remington, to eventually become their "Railtown" development. I would not be surprised to see some mid-rise and possibly the odd highrise directly to the east in the future (probably a good many years away still).

Lots of the new arena rumours have one of the locations on the SE corner of 12th avenue and Olympic Way (4th street). So that would be put it right across the street from arriVa, a hell of a perk if you have tickets.

This SE unit is nice (and a great size with a nice open living area), but I think the best views are from the NW units, they will not have their view of the core obscured by the next tower. Even our old unit would still keep a downtown view from the balcony, part of the living room, and the master bedroom. Still nothing cooler than waking up and seeing all of downtown right in front of you. Of course that is a big thing to a skyscraper geek like myself!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #30
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post
Cheapest sale I've seen was a 1 bed on 19th floor for $330,000. There are listings under $350,000 now.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #31
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

wasn't a easy one and still lots of work to do but this condo is finally C/S

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 10-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #32
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Special bump for selling this home through an open house....just reviewed my feedback forms and noticed the buyers name is the same as one who came through my last open house.
Perhaps the 2% stat has just risen a bit? lol

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com