Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #1201
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
On that note I am inclined to believe the OP made it up.

Not only is it a colossal waste of resources that doesn’t even solve any issue it sends a pretty crappy message about what the management thinks of its employees.

What kind of culture requires drug sniffing dogs? Regardless they would be open to privacy violation law suits I am sure.
If there's a dog at work, it better be there for pats and scratches.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #1202
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
On that note I am inclined to believe the OP made it up.

Not only is it a colossal waste of resources that doesn’t even solve any issue it sends a pretty crappy message about what the management thinks of its employees.

What kind of culture requires drug sniffing dogs? Regardless they would be open to privacy violation law suits I am sure.
I can’t tell if you are actually serious or not.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #1203
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
If there's a dog at work, it better be there for pats and scratches.
Indeed. Office dogs are there for emotional support not to judge your drinking and smoking habits.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2018, 02:51 PM   #1204
Poster
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I can’t tell if you are actually serious or not.
What part of my post wasn’t serious?

You think it’s cool to work for a company that thinks making employees go through drug dog searches like you are a bunch of criminals?
Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #1205
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Indeed. Office dogs are there for emotional support not to judge your drinking and smoking habits.

Some dogs can be total bummers

Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #1206
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Some dogs can be total bummers

They're no talking Spanish Pirate.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #1207
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Your straw-manning of the argument aside, I'm gonna have to try this new way of getting stoned or drunk where you leave the product in your bag and don't open or consume it in any way. Sounds fascinating.
You haven’t gotten high through osmosis?

Dude, you don’t know what you’re missing. It’s the new vaping.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #1208
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's a good site to shop for accessories? Specifically looking for a grinder and vaporizer.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #1209
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I just smoked pot for the first time in 10 years and it's way different than I remember it.

All the strains and the different things they do sounded like BS to me (I just remember pot as pot as pot as pot).

Can confirm the different strains that are supposed to affect you in different ways actually do.

It's been an eye opening experience, having pot that doesn't make me tired or give me the muchies.

So far I think it's going to have quite an impact on my casual drinking and hopefully leads to less hangovers in my future.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2018, 04:36 AM   #1210
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
So I just smoked pot for the first time in 10 years and it's way different than I remember it.

All the strains and the different things they do sounded like BS to me (I just remember pot as pot as pot as pot).

Can confirm the different strains that are supposed to affect you in different ways actually do.

It's been an eye opening experience, having pot that doesn't make me tired or give me the muchies.

So far I think it's going to have quite an impact on my casual drinking and hopefully leads to less hangovers in my future.
Sativas man, great day time smoke. Anytime I think Im over doing it on the booze I smoke a joint of Purple haze and that levels the night out. It really slows my drinking but still keepse talkative and aware of surroundings.

What you were smoking before is a indica . Generally easy to grow with little to no effort. Great for people that have insomnia and anemics but not so much for an active lifestyle . Indicas are the classic " Im so stoned man ". Sativa heavy strains are poor for appetite simulation and heavy joint pain but are great for anxiety, mild joint pain and daY time uses where you can not be totally couched.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #1211
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Survey says . . . Black Market Cannabis is $3.00 cheaper for Gram

https://globalnews.ca/news/4831121/s...-price-survey/

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #1212
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

New Leaf is approved in Varsity Estates, under appeal on 19th St NW, and refused on 10th St NW.

http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Scripts...-info-map.html

Also under appeal - across from Julios and Osteria.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #1213
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Survey says . . . Black Market Cannabis is $3.00 cheaper for Gram

https://globalnews.ca/news/4831121/s...-price-survey/
That street price has dropped significantly as well. As a reaction to legalization. Most people I know have said their dealers are wholesaling as much as possible.

That difference is not enough to deter people preferring dispensaries IMO.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #1214
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

I started using edibles with Indica for stress and sleep. Its great. Doesn't give you that stoned, idiot feeling (I find the Sativa edibles do that, which is weird compared to what some of you are saying).

The Indica seems to kick in and it feels like a wall goes up between me and my anxiety and my brain levels right out and i can think properly.

I have never got the body stone that people talk about, I do relax, like weight is off my shoulders, but never that "lay on the couch all day" feeling.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #1215
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I started using edibles with Indica for stress and sleep. Its great. Doesn't give you that stoned, idiot feeling (I find the Sativa edibles do that, which is weird compared to what some of you are saying).

The Indica seems to kick in and it feels like a wall goes up between me and my anxiety and my brain levels right out and i can think properly.

I have never got the body stone that people talk about, I do relax, like weight is off my shoulders, but never that "lay on the couch all day" feeling.
Are you using oil? If so, how much are you taking?

This stuff is pretty powerful: https://albertacannabis.org/shop/Oil...v=CNB-00600531

Anything over a .5mg (edit: note, this should read .5mL) dose has the potential to kick the ever-loving crap out of you. 1.0mg (edit: note, this should read 1.0mL) would be unimaginable. Probably .35 or .4 would be good to erase stress. It's hard to make hard and fast rules with this stuff though - full stomach, how hydrated you are, how tired you are, etc. Edibles are strange that way - it always seems to be a different experience and it doesn't take much to sway you one way or another.

Last edited by Sliver; 01-10-2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: correction
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #1216
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

https://www.motacannabisproducts.ca/...cated-gummies/

I eat these, and use another under the tongue spray sometimes.

I use about 20 - 30 mg (10 mg per gummy).

Although I am starting to barely feel 20 mg now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 03:51 PM   #1217
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Are you using oil? If so, how much are you taking?

This stuff is pretty powerful: https://albertacannabis.org/shop/Oil...v=CNB-00600531

Anything over a .5mg dose has the potential to kick the ever-loving crap out of you. 1.0mg would be unimaginable. Probably .35 or .4 would be good to erase stress. It's hard to make hard and fast rules with this stuff though - full stomach, how hydrated you are, how tired you are, etc. Edibles are strange that way - it always seems to be a different experience and it doesn't take much to sway you one way or another.
Are your doses you stated off by a couple decimal places? Seems like the stuff I take would kill me based on what you are saying haha. I am not a heavy user, haven't smoked weed in over 2 decades, just started trying this now that its legal and seems like a nice alternative to taking prescription pharmaceuticals.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #1218
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Are your doses you stated off by a couple decimal places? Seems like the stuff I take would kill me based on what you are saying haha. I am not a heavy user, haven't smoked weed in over 2 decades, just started trying this now that its legal and seems like a nice alternative to taking prescription pharmaceuticals.
Geez, I don't know. Definitely is possible - I was never good at math or science. Imma have to check when I get home and let you know.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:57 PM   #1219
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

If I'm off by a couple of decimal places, this will definitely be a good example of why you should never believe what you read on the Internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #1220
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sliver I think you've moved the decimal.

A 5mg dose is a very low dose of THC. That's usually the smallest increment you can buy it in from what I've seen. A 20-30mg dose is a pretty standard dose for someone who doesn't do it much and doesn't want to get really stoned. Someone who smokes habitually like me need probably a 70mg dose in order to feel actually stoned. I'll take a 100mg if I really want a body high for a while.

I can't see the site you linked too, but if the product is a tincture, you might be talking in mL. Which would make more sense. .5mL I think is a pretty standard oil/tincture dose.

Last edited by Coach; 01-09-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach For This Useful Post: