Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #521
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just ordered a Oneplus 7t 256GB from aliexpress during their 11.11 sale.

Sale isn't that great (I wish I had bought it 2 weeks ago), but I got it for about $600CAD, when the 128gb version is being sold here in Canada for $800.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:13 PM   #522
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

No idea how to add a twitter link but Marques Brownlee has a cool pick of the new, foldable Razr. It's pretty cool.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/11/13/m...e-canada-2020/

Last edited by Galakanokis; 11-13-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:25 AM   #523
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The phone is set to cost $1,499.99 USD (about $1,987.34 CAD).
Gulp.

Last edited by Fuzz; 11-14-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #524
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
No idea how to add a twitter link but Marques Brownlee has a cool pick of the new, foldable Razr. It's pretty cool.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/11/13/m...e-canada-2020/
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #525
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that the crease is less visible here makes it more worth the price than the Galaxy Fold.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #526
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Motorola must be treating the new Razr as more of a proof-of-concept device aimed at wealthy older people who want it simply for the retro aspect, because there is no reason to get this when you can get a better phone in every aspect for half the price. It'll be interesting to see what happens a few years from now when folding screen tech becomes more mature
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #527
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't be surprised if they are anticipating significant warranty claims on this version, and the higher price would cover a bit of that.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:40 PM   #528
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

From everything I have heard and read it is not a great phone and the price is brutal. But I think the idea behind it and the way it looks is pretty cool. I will stick with Pixel or maybe even an iphone since work is pushing that way and I already use Macbook and ipads for work.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #529
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Ars Technica dropped one of the most brutal reviews of a product I've seen in some time. They really do not like the Pixel 4. I've never seen an article lead with a table of contents that heads each reason why the phone sucks.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #530
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

The new Motorola is the exact form factor I've been wanting for years. Love it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #531
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
The new Motorola is the exact form factor I've been wanting for years. Love it.

I'm intrigued by it too....I like the pocketability. I'm wary of the screen strength
Old 11-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #532
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Did anyone see the Easter egg where you can turn it into an old school razer? Looks pretty cool. Will see if I can find the picture again.

https://www.androidauthority.com/mot...-mode-1054244/
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #533
Bent Wookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Ars Technica dropped one of the most brutal reviews of a product I've seen in some time. They really do not like the Pixel 4. I've never seen an article lead with a table of contents that heads each reason why the phone sucks.
I mentioned it a few posts above, but I was a Nexus/Pixel user for years and finally, after seeing a few reviews, went to a OnePlus.

Everything the above review states is what I was worried about and I really couldnt justify that price tag for a lesser phone - even for a pure Android experience and timely updates.

So far, Oneplus has been amazing. Oxygen is almost pure Android with more customization. It's fast, the screen is nice and the camera is also good and oh ya, it was 400 bucks cheaper for more phone.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #534
Bent Wookie

Just a note...

OnePlus 7 Pro is only $739... Black Friday Deal.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #535
calgaryrocks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

thanks ^^ if it didn't have such a massive screen and had a headphone jack
Also....a few sales on samsung galaxy s10e as well for 869...tempting
Old 12-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #536
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Does anyone have a Huawei P30 Pro that used to have a Pixel 2/3 XL or something similar? I'm currently running a Pixel 2 XL and I like it but I'm looking to upgrade, and not sold on the Pixel 4/XL. I've heard that Samsung ui would be a big change. Can anyone comment on the P30 Pro? Thanks friends

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #537
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Does anyone have a Huawei P30 Pro that used to have a Pixel 2/3 XL or something similar? I'm currently running a Pixel 2 XL and I like it but I'm looking to upgrade, and not sold on the Pixel 4/XL. I've heard that Samsung ui would be a big change. Can anyone comment on the P30 Pro? Thanks friends

As a samsung note 10 plus user, the UI is....meh. it is usable. Google assistant is secondary and no option to replace Bixby (Samsungs assistant). Bright side, you can shut Bixby off completely. And you can easily shut samsung internet off too and go to chrome.

My issue with Samsung is they are the worst at trying to force their ecosystem on you. It takes more effort.to use your.phone the way you want but it can be done. And I'll say the one thing Samsung has over google today is Samsung Pay>>>>>google pay.

I've also lately been getting weird laggy and twitchy responses out of the screen. Typing and zooming are weird lately.

As for huawei, still a bit of a risk getting into them. Not sure when or if they'll ever get back in bed with google.

I'd go Pixel 4 xl before anything. And it's really too bad because Huawei was making the best phones for android.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 06:41 AM   #538
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
As a samsung note 10 plus user, the UI is....meh. it is usable. Google assistant is secondary and no option to replace Bixby (Samsungs assistant). Bright side, you can shut Bixby off completely. And you can easily shut samsung internet off too and go to chrome.

My issue with Samsung is they are the worst at trying to force their ecosystem on you. It takes more effort.to use your.phone the way you want but it can be done. And I'll say the one thing Samsung has over google today is Samsung Pay>>>>>google pay.

I've also lately been getting weird laggy and twitchy responses out of the screen. Typing and zooming are weird lately.

As for huawei, still a bit of a risk getting into them. Not sure when or if they'll ever get back in bed with google.

I'd go Pixel 4 xl before anything. And it's really too bad because Huawei was making the best phones for android.
Thanks for your reply and info. It's very much appreciated. I agree that steering clear of Huewei at this time is probably the best decision. I'll likely end up waiting for the 4XL to come down in price or see what the 2020 edition lineup of flagship phones has to offer. The One+ 7 Pro with its 256GB and price of 739$ is awfully tempting too

1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #539
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for your reply and info. It's very much appreciated. I agree that steering clear of Huewei at this time is probably the best decision. I'll likely end up waiting for the 4XL to come down in price or see what the 2020 edition lineup of flagship phones has to offer. The One+ 7 Pro with its 256GB and price of 739$ is awfully tempting too

You would have no issues with the P30 Pro in regards to updates as Google has agreed to update all Huawei models up the P30 series. Google was contracted to Huawei before the ban came in place so I don't think they will ever cut off these models as the legal ramifications would probably be high. I have a Mate 20 Pro and it always gets updates, best phone I ever have owned.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #540
Bent Wookie

Quote:

I mentioned it above, but as a straight Nexus/Pixel user for years, my switch to OnePlus a few months ago has been the best phone decision i've made.

Very close to stock Android, phone it fast, feels sold in the hand, and is significantly cheaper than a Pixel flagship.