Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #281
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Fyi, the complete series is coming out on DVD and Bluray on November 6th.

Amazon currently has them both for half the price of sites like Future shop and Best Buy. I bought the blu ray for $185 with the slightly faster shipping (next day was another 15 bucks) and all the stupid import fee deposit, while Best Buy has it listed for 325 bucks.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BLCTOU/..._9JnSE.10K2JBT
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #282
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just out of curiosity is HBOGO not supported in Canada? Here in the states ( or Oklahoma at least) if you have a subscription to HBO on your cable at home you get HBOGO for free. You can stream movies, all the HBO original TV series, Comedy Specials, and sports for free.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #283
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
Just out of curiosity is HBOGO not supported in Canada? Here in the states ( or Oklahoma at least) if you have a subscription to HBO on your cable at home you get HBOGO for free. You can stream movies, all the HBO original TV series, Comedy Specials, and sports for free.
I am pretty sure no.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #284
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Since the thread has been bumped, anyone heard any new news of a movie or spinoffs?
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #285
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
It is apparently coming to Canada. At one point Astral Media (Owner of HBO Canada) claimed they would roll it out in fall 2012 but I think the whole thing has been put on hold pending the outcome of the Bell/Astral merger.

There is some concern that the CRTC will allow the merger but force Bell to sell HBO Canada so I don't think they want to spend any money on it at the moment.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:46 PM   #286
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

massive bump here ......a week or so ago i started watching entourage again. the dialogue between the boys is fantastic; however, since teh shw was initially written, the world has changed a lot and much of the word play between the characters no longer flies.

i would have thought that adrian grenier would have really been in a lot of stuff since these days; however, he seems to have done smaller scale stuff and producing/directing
Old 09-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #287
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
massive bump here ......a week or so ago i started watching entourage again. the dialogue between the boys is fantastic; however, since teh shw was initially written, the world has changed a lot and much of the word play between the characters no longer flies.

i would have thought that adrian grenier would have really been in a lot of stuff since these days; however, he seems to have done smaller scale stuff and producing/directing

I don't care what anybody says, that show is fantastic and a better portrayal how the vast majority of guys do act or have acted with their own "Entourage"

The comradery with the boys, chilling out, having fun, trying to get laid, struggling with one's low sided and more.

The reason why that show was as big as a hit as it was as it was a fairly strong portrayal of how it was and how it probably still is. I was always amazed at the level of cameos that show was able to draw, literally the largest names in tv, movie and sports. I don't recall a current or previous show in recent times that drew that level of star power.

Love that show! Johnny Drama was always my favorite and he played the role sooooo well given his status as a brother to an A-Lister.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #288
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show would have absolutely sucked without Ari and Drama. Vince, E and Turtle were never remotely interesting as characters, and most of the plots were pointless and uninteresting too. But Ari and Drama made it worth watching.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:11 PM   #289
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
It is apparently coming to Canada. At one point Astral Media (Owner of HBO Canada) claimed they would roll it out in fall 2012 but I think the whole thing has been put on hold pending the outcome of the Bell/Astral merger.

There is some concern that the CRTC will allow the merger but force Bell to sell HBO Canada so I don't think they want to spend any money on it at the moment.
The greater overarching problem that kills the viability of HBOGo in Canada is that HBO already sold the streaming rights to their programming to Bell. It's all (or mostly...) on Crave.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #290
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
The greater overarching problem that kills the viability of HBOGo in Canada is that HBO already sold the streaming rights to their programming to Bell. It's all (or mostly...) on Crave.
Weird how things have changed since the post 9 years ago.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2021, 03:28 PM   #291
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sloan... (hearts)
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:26 PM   #292
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Weird how things have changed since the post 9 years ago.

Well, goes to show how closely I was paying attention to the post dates!
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:57 PM   #293
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a random bump. I literally just finished watching the entire series (for the first time) in a 4 week span or so. Will be watching the 2015 movie next.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:

Tags
letshugitoutbitch , mrs. ari , sloan