Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #2321
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Depends if you're discussing films, comic books, or overall.

I'd say Spiderman wins the overall title, and this is nothing new. He's always been at least neck and neck with Batman, with other heroes like X-Men surging at various points.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #2322
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Unscientific poll of movie going audiences about who their favourite superhero is from 1987-2019. Obviously because they polled people at theatres it would be skewed for when movies were in theatres at the time.

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #2323
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Unscientific poll of movie going audiences about who their favourite superhero is from 1987-2019. Obviously because they polled people at theatres it would be skewed for when movies were in theatres at the time.

Actually makes sense that Wolverine would be so low. I assume he's very popular in the male age 12+ demographic, but less popular overall.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #2324
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I don't know if you saw this, but for Season 5 Supergirl has switched from a pleated skirt to pants!

I was interested at first…then got more interested…Then very interested…Then very
interested…Then very, very interested…Then suddenly…not that interested.

troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:09 PM   #2325
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Ha, this totally corroborates the story I gave a teenager a while ago, when he asked who the most popular superheroes were 25-30 years ago. I told him: "There were the big three—Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man, in that order—and everyone else. Comic book fans knew all about Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, etc. but to the general public they were fringe."

Kid couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe the Marvel superheroes he grew up with in the last 12ish years, that dated back decades, weren't all that popular when I was a kid. "Believe it," I said. "People remembered The Hulk TV show with Lou Ferrigno, but that's what 95% of people you asked would know about the character: he was a big green dude played on TV by a bodybuilder. A few people still fondly remembered the '70s Wonder Woman TV show with Lynda Carter. Older folks remembered and were fond of Captain America, but he hadn't really been popular for about 40 years."

I figured even in the late '80s that #4 would have been Captain America, then perhaps Hulk or X-Men. X-Men seemed to be very popular in the early '90s anyway. Past that it was tough to say; you had a few die-hards who loved Iron Man, Fantastic Four—I had a buddy whose favourite character was easily Silver Surfer—Green Lantern... Past that? Oof. You had a handful of real weirdos who liked Judge Dredd, The Phantom, etc.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #2326
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me growing up it was always Batman, Spider-man, and Wolverine due to the animated series in the early to mid 90s. Superman, Wonder Woman and Hulk were considered too before my time while Captain American, Iron Man, and Thor were for hard core comic book readers only.

My 3 year old daughter absolutely loves Spider-man, due to watching me play the video game and a Spider-Ham toy from McDonalds, and Captain America, due to a Ooshie from Grandma and a children's book on his origin story. We've had many arguments with her screaming where is Spider-man or where is Captain America. I can't wait til she is old enough to watch the movies. Interestingly she also has an Iron Man Ooshie but has little interest. I tried giving it to her when she couldn't find Captain America and was informed she doesn't like Iron Man.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:14 PM   #2327
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only good part about Spiderman was Venom.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:24 PM   #2328
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The only good part about Spiderman was Venom.
I loved the arc in the 70s vs. The Jackal. And the Green Goblin stories.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:50 PM   #2329
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I for one refuse to believe that Hulk ever got near 10%.
I see how he trended a little too high in the 80s when his TV show was the only show in general.

Also the Xmen certainly would have made it onto a scientific list from '94 - '04.
There Cartoon and First 3 movies had them on the A list.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2020, 12:35 AM   #2330
Daniel-J
Draft Pick

I like the way a lot of characters have been revealed on Batman. I think the problem is that they're constantly trying to do everything about one story about Batman and how hard it is for him to fight it. It's like the story of a spider man in a movie where every movie re-creates Uncle Ben's death, and it makes me sick.

Gotham has so many stunning stories, and in the films rarely give the full picture that should be.
Daniel-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:55 AM   #2331
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I loved the x-men and wolverine. Next would be the hulk. I didn't like superman. The only superman comic I bought was the death of superman because someone told me it would be valuable someday and I fell for it. I never bought a batman comic. I also got into Conan comics a bit. The only cartoon we had was the old spiderman series so I watched that.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #2332
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1235261421425958912
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #2333
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's really nice to see after all those mods, Batman still thinks of the tailgaters and found a way to mount the centre tail light. Always thinking of safety.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:40 PM   #2334
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's really nice to see after all those mods, Batman still thinks of the tailgaters and found a way to mount the centre tail light. Always thinking of safety.
Hes not the hero we deserve, just the one we need right now...

Besides, getting pulled over for a ticket would really cramp his crimefighting mojo.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #2335
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Looks like he did it more to shine lights on his modded out rear engine system. He can always have a side hustle of street racing.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #2336
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Looks like he did it more to shine lights on his modded out rear engine system. He can always have a side hustle of street racing.
The Bat and the Furious
Old 03-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #2337
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
The Bat and the Furious
"Gotham Drift!"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 03:07 PM   #2338
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
The Bat and the Furious
Pretty easy tweaks to the mythos...Bruce Wayne's parents are killed in a street racing accident after Dominic's car is sabotaged by one of his rivals. Bruce is out for revenge, and Dominic, who doesn't know why his car malfunctioned, is riddled with guilt (he's never brought this up in any of the other 10 F&F movies though, despite numerous monologues about talking about past griefs).

Just before a climatic duel, it becomes apparent that Dominic's car was sabotaged by none other than...Arthur Fleck. Both heros learn of Fleck's actions and unite to take him down.

This stuff just writes itself.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 06:28 PM   #2339
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It kinda looks like he stole Blade’s car and added some fins.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #2340
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

They looked at Blade's car and asked Ralp Wiggum for some design advice.