Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #261
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddly View Post
I guess I have to watch that part again. It seems odd to leave the country when you haven't even sold your house yet...

Dexter's fictitious paper can be discovered for what it is as well...
It wouldn't be odd to leave the country if someone found out that she murdered the family, which Dexter also mentioned. Which is why she "packed up and left without a word".

That was dexter's story, and it worked, and explains why she left without any word.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #262
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

That cop that he killed was HOT
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #263
Potty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly06Cup View Post
Why did Lithgow bump into Lundy? Why tip yourself off and be on an FBI agent's radar? Wouldn't it be better to remain anonymous?
I think he wanted to see if Lundy knew who he was, so he walked right towards him.
Potty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #264
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty View Post
I think he wanted to see if Lundy knew who he was, so he walked right towards him.
Yeah, I don't think he expected Lundy to take note of the encounter as he tried to act as "normal" as he could.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #265
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Good episode, just watched it. The whole time they were talking at the end (Lundy and Deb) I just knew Lundy was going to get it. I just thought it would happen after.
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #266
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty View Post
I think he was testing Lundy in some other way, too. A meticulous killer isn't going to intentionally drop his keys and forget about them. I think Lithgow got a lot more out of the encounter than we know, but I can't figure out what.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #267
evilcougar
Self-Ban

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
It's pretty simple psychology. He represents the father who was too focused on Dexter to give her the attention she wanted from him. Both Lundy and her father were older, well respected, intelligent cops. Plus she's got a whole lot of trust issues as a result of Dexter's brother so Lundy is someone that would be very easy for her to trust.
True. Dammit i hate it when you're right. I suppose the oldie hawn factor sort of clouded my judgement.
evilcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #268
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I think he was testing Lundy in some other way, too. A meticulous killer isn't going to intentionally drop his keys and forget about them. I think Lithgow got a lot more out of the encounter than we know, but I can't figure out what.
Lithgow is still looking for the Man to Bludgen so he could have been considering Lundy as the target and could have been some kind of test for the right personaluty trait of the person he wants to kill.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #269
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Lithgow is still looking for the Man to Bludgen so he could have been considering Lundy as the target and could have been some kind of test for the right personaluty trait of the person he wants to kill.
That's an interesting point - so if Lundy had reacted violently or agressively to being bumped into - Lundy could have fit the bill for his next victim. Is that what you mean?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #270
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'll toss in my guess as to who shot Lundy & Deb. I think it was the vacation killer, and that he is somehow influenced by the Trinity killer. I'm sure that Deb will live, but am not sure about Lundy. I was starting to think that Lundy would die by the end of the season, but doing it mid-season would work too.

All the story lines tend to merge together in Dexter, so I figure there is a connection between the Vacation murderer and Lithgow. I just don't think that the Trinity killer would sway from his kill pattern and shoot them in the street. I also don't think that they are the same person. I don't think it is Anton, since it would be a unecessary subplot.

So far, this season has been great. It is much better than last year.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #271
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Here's my Guesses w/ rankings:

#1. Trinity: Arthur Mitchell.

Thanks to Christine Hills reporting, Trinity knows the Vacation Murderes MO and replicates it with Lundys murder. He also (I believe) takes Lundys
tape recorder (not aware of Lundys message on Dexters answering machine). He only wounds Deb. because he knows he's only got one more killing to do before he disappears for a while and doesn't "need" her dead, thus the gun shot to the hip.

#2 Trinitys Son: Jonah Mitchell.

Far fetched, but maybe he is as twisted as his father and feels he needs
to protect his old man. (BTW: Looked up Dexter on IMDB & noticed a new
character which I believe to be Trinitys Son).

#3 Christine Hill? ...(Quinns reporter girlfriend)

Highly unlikely, but you never know with this show. She Knows all the
facts re: the vacation murders and could easily make the killing fit
that exact M.O. Her motive might be that She's so angered by Quinn,
She kills Lundy in an attempt to get Quinn in more "hot water"
resulting in further internal investigation. She did seem a bit obsessive.

PS; I'll be shocked and disappointed if it turns out to be Anton, It
would be completely out of character for this layed back artist type.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #272
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
Here's my Guesses w/ rankings:

#1. Trinity: Arthur Mitchell.

Thanks to Christine Hills reporting, Trinity knows the Vacation Murderes MO and replicates it with Lundys murder. He also (I believe) takes Lundys
tape recorder (not aware of Lundys message on Dexters answering machine). He only wounds Deb. because he knows he's only got one more killing to do before he disappears for a while and doesn't "need" her dead, thus the gun shot to the hip.

#2 Trinitys Son: Jonah Mitchell.

Far fetched, but maybe he is as twisted as his father and feels he needs
to protect his old man. (BTW: Looked up Dexter on IMDB & noticed a new
character which I believe to be Trinitys Son).

#3 Christine Hill? ...(Quinns reporter girlfriend)

Highly unlikely, but you never know with this show. She Knows all the
facts re: the vacation murders and could easily make the killing fit
that exact M.O. Her motive might be that She's so angered by Quinn,
She kills Lundy in an attempt to get Quinn in more "hot water"
resulting in further internal investigation. She did seem a bit obsessive.

PS; I'll be shocked and disappointed if it turns out to be Anton, It
would be completely out of character for this layed back artist type.
Wouldn't it be interesting (or maybe not at all and I'm just silly) if during Dexters investigation into the Lundy shooting he finds out Lundy was onto Dexter but unsure of whether or not he was going to do anything.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #273
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
Wouldn't it be interesting (or maybe not at all and I'm just silly) if during Dexters investigation into the Lundy shooting he finds out Lundy was onto Dexter but unsure of whether or not he was going to do anything.

Interesting, because Lundy always had that strange, knowing way he would look at Dexter when ever they spoke to each other.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #274
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
Interesting, because Lundy always had that strange, knowing way he would look at Dexter when ever they spoke to each other.
Yeah, like he respected him but knew he was weird. They're kind of similar people except Lundy wants to catch them - dexter kills them.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #275
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Spoilers!

That was a damn intense episode! I watched it over lunch ... extremely enjoyable. For some reason when Dexter was trying to catch the cop in his house I found myself incredibly nervous.

I absolutely love Lithgow so far. I can't figure out why he got himself beaten up though. I assume it'll make more sense later.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #276
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
That would be a neat twist, but that would mean that Lundy was wrong when declaring Doakes the Harbour Butcher in season two. Reopening something that was previously resolved is not something that this show tends to do. However, that would be a great reason to do it for the first time.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #277
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I absolutely love Lithgow so far. I can't figure out why he got himself beaten up though. I assume it'll make more sense later.
My call is that he is murdering people that remind him of his family.

Sister (maybe a slut, that is the reason for killing a coed who lives alone)
Mother (Killed herself by jumping off a roof)
Father (abusive, that is why he made sure the guy would hit him first)
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #278
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
My call is that he is murdering people that remind him of his family.

Sister (maybe a slut, that is the reason for killing a coed who lives alone)
Mother (Killed herself by jumping off a roof)
Father (abusive, that is why he made sure the guy would hit him first)
Yes, I think you are right. I've thought this for a few episodes. Also note that the mother is always a mother of two, which aligns with him having one and only one sibling.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #279
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfrogger View Post
Yes, I think you are right. I've thought this for a few episodes. Also note that the mother is always a mother of two, which aligns with him having one and only one sibling.

Or was he once the Father of two?
Old 10-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #280
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
'Cause he's way crazy? He hasn't been caught because he's organized and careful, but decades of success at anything and you start to believe you're infallible. His fight or flight instincts were triggered by seeing Lundy at his next kill site, and I guess we can see which side of that instinct immediately won out.
Additionally, I think there's an attraction to the person you know has been hunting you for years. BTK couldn't believe the lead detective on the case lied to him. He got almost as much out of the game of cat and mouse as he did killing his victims. I see this as a possibility for Trinity as well.