Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #241
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Conventional wisdom would suggest that no, it couldn't be Anton, but I'm not ruling it out.

And for the record, Rita is heads and tails hotter that Debra. She just doesn't do it for me at all. I don't like it when chicks swear like that either. Not a good feature for a lady. I'd still give her the goods though.
can't we all agree that we'd love to have a threesome with both of them?
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flip For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #242
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
I don't like it when chicks swear like that either. Not a good feature for a lady.
When I want to plan a dinner party, I need a lady - and life ain't no dinner party.

Anyway, I will lay odds that it isn't Anton, say 10-1 to anyone interested. The writers want you to think it *might* be Anton, but it being him doesn't make any sense and doesn't advance the story. This isn't True Blood, where apparently any kind of crazy shart makes the grade.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #243
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
When I want to plan a dinner party, I need a lady - and life ain't no dinner party.

Anyway, I will lay odds that it isn't Anton, say 10-1 to anyone interested. The writers want you to think it *might* be Anton, but it being him doesn't make any sense and doesn't advance the story. This isn't True Blood, where apparently any kind of crazy shart makes the grade.
Oh please. Let's not put Dexter on this pedestal. I love the show, but it's not like it's the best thing to happen to television. There's a reason that it doesn't win any major awards.

It's definitely an hour that I look forward to every week, but they have had their fair share of far fetched crap on the show, not to mention some pretty shotty acting at times by the likes of Jimmy Smits and the chick who played Lila in season two. And it's not like Jennifer Carpenter or Julie Benz are great actresses either. Without Michael C Hall, this show would probably be pretty average at best.

Last edited by VANFLAMESFAN; 10-19-2009 at 12:01 AM.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #244
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Oh please. Let's not put Dexter on this pedestal. I love the show, but it's not like it's the best thing to happen to television. There's a reason that it doesn't win any major awards.

It's definitely an hour that I look forward to every week, but they have had their fair share of far fetched crap on the show, not to mention some pretty shotty acting at times by the likes of Jimmy Smits and the chick who played Lila in season two. And it's not like Jennifer Carpenter or Julie Benz are great actresses either. Without Michael C Hall, this show would probably be pretty average at best.

I am totally going to make you my next victim...
Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #245
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
From a cursory look-up, I can see it's won 16 awards and been nominated for over 50, including a nomination for an "Outstanding Drama Series" Emmy last year. It's not exactly the worst thing that's ever happened to television, either.

I think it's very well-written considering the subject matter, and I doubt very much that Michael C Hall, who if I recall correctly is also the producer, would let the writers explore a plot twist that adds nothing to the show other than pointless complication. I'm not saying that it's impossible, I'm just saying I'm willing to pony up actual cash that it won't happen and I'm confident enough that I'll give odds. Is that so terrible?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #246
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
From a cursory look-up, I can see it's won 16 awards and been nominated for over 50, including a nomination for an "Outstanding Drama Series" Emmy last year. It's not exactly the worst thing that's ever happened to television, either.

I think it's very well-written considering the subject matter, and I doubt very much that Michael C Hall, who if I recall correctly is also the producer, would let the writers explore a plot twist that adds nothing to the show other than pointless complication. I'm not saying that it's impossible, I'm just saying I'm willing to pony up actual cash that it won't happen and I'm confident enough that I'll give odds. Is that so terrible?

I just love that it is both thrilling and funny at the same time.

My 2 favorite previous TV shows (Rome and The Sopranos) were both quite serious, at least 95% of the time.

Dexter is clever, suspenseful, serious, hilarious and exhilarating all at the same time.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #247
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah, I said major awars, no Spike TV awards or anything like that.

I like the show a lot. I agree it's very well written and yes, there's plenty of other crap out there. I'm just not willing to anoit it as the best thing to happen because there are plenty of flaws to the show.

I'm not gonna take your bet, because I agree that it's more than likely Trinity. But I'm not willing to totally rule out Anton just yet.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #248
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcougar View Post
Also, i don't understand the attraction she has to Lundy. Ewwww. IMO of course.
It's pretty simple psychology. He represents the father who was too focused on Dexter to give her the attention she wanted from him. Both Lundy and her father were older, well respected, intelligent cops. Plus she's got a whole lot of trust issues as a result of Dexter's brother so Lundy is someone that would be very easy for her to trust.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #249
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The look on Dexter's face after he finally subdued the lady cop was priceless.

As far as who shot Lundy and Deb? I'm going to keep an open mind because this show usually has high spin value...I'm going out on a limb and say Quinn, and Quinn turns out to be the Vacation murderer
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #250
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
The look on Dexter's face after he finally subdued the lady cop was priceless.

As far as who shot Lundy and Deb? I'm going to keep an open mind because this show usually has high spin value...I'm going out on a limb and say Quinn, and Quinn turns out to be the Vacation murderer
Haven't they already ID'ed the vacation murderers? When Laguerta and Angle went to interview someone?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #251
eddly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dexter is going to have some trouble with that cop he killed. There is just too much that ties him to her in the last few days of her life.

Dexter's comment on raping her was pretty funny.
eddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #252
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddly View Post
Dexter is going to have some trouble with that cop he killed. There is just too much that ties him to her in the last few days of her life.
That's why he created the narrative that she was guilty and fled the country to never be heard from again.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #253
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
That's why he created the narrative that she was guilty and fled the country to never be heard from again.
And the fact she would have been VERY careful to cover her tracks in the digging she did about him since she was planning to murder Dexter.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #254
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
And the fact she would have been VERY careful to cover her tracks in the digging she did about him since she was planning to murder Dexter.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.

It fit his cause perfectly that she was going to get rid of him because it guaranteed that she wouldn't have gone out of her way to mention him.

Although the guy in records definitely had been tipped off to tell her if anyone called about the records of that guy that supposedly murdered her family so I guess he might play a part in it.

I really don't think that storyline is going anywhere. That female cop character was really only there to act as a foil to Dexter so that he'd be able to realize that he isn't like her. She allowed him to have the epiphany about his family and realize his dad is wrong, and that Dexter doesn't want to/ won't kill them to save himself.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #255
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddly View Post
Dexter's comment on raping her was pretty funny.
Why is everything always about rape with you?? LOL Awesome!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #256
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I said major awars, no Spike TV awards or anything like that.

I like the show a lot. I agree it's very well written and yes, there's plenty of other crap out there. I'm just not willing to anoit it as the best thing to happen because there are plenty of flaws to the show.

I'm not gonna take your bet, because I agree that it's more than likely Trinity. But I'm not willing to totally rule out Anton just yet.
Will & grace won 16 Emmys over their tenure, argument nullified.

I think Lithgow did it under the guise of Deb's jealous boyfriend. Dex will work on this case personally, and will find a trail that leads him to Lithgows door, where they'll have much to talk about.

Last edited by Matata; 10-19-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #257
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

Why did Lithgow bump into Lundy? Why tip yourself off and be on an FBI agent's radar? Wouldn't it be better to remain anonymous?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #258
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly06Cup View Post
Why did Lithgow bump into Lundy? Why tip yourself off and be on an FBI agent's radar? Wouldn't it be better to remain anonymous?
'Cause he's way crazy? He hasn't been caught because he's organized and careful, but decades of success at anything and you start to believe you're infallible. His fight or flight instincts were triggered by seeing Lundy at his next kill site, and I guess we can see which side of that instinct immediately won out.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #259
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
That's actually rather plausible, except as far as him being the vacation murderer. I'm not sure I see Quinn's motivation, although it's pretty clear he doesn't like Lundy, but you think he'd be killing Dexter if he was killing anyone. However, as Quinn is obviously dirty all the way through, you never know what he might do for money, and Lundy must have made a lot of enemies besides Trinity.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #260
eddly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post

I guess I have to watch that part again. It seems odd to leave the country when you haven't even sold your house yet...

Dexter's fictitious paper can be discovered for what it is as well...
eddly is offline   Reply With Quote