Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #2381
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

**** I hate shawnski so much. Even in a thread about a game he had nothing to with he comes in and gives me a shot.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #2382
jayswin

Exp:

Was gonna have some fun and post some self-depreciating stuff and say how much I enjoyed the game and lasting so long, but F it, shawsnki's got it for me. See ya guys.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #2383
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats to my fellow town players, well done! Huge thanks to Mazrim for asking me to jump in and for setting up these games! I tried to play it the best I could coming in halfway through and then when I was told what my role was I was thinking "dear lord!" I was going to originally wait one more day for my role reveal but HG15 kind of pushed me into revealing when I did which probably worked out for the best. Would love to do it again! Thanks to everybody who participated, even you nasty scum!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #2384
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
**** I hate shawnski so much. Even in a thread about a game he had nothing to with he comes in and gives me a shot.
I was just gonna say shawnskis hate on for you and The Fonz is always good for a laugh. What a weird attack

Just a truly odd and unhelpful comment shawnski, IMHO
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #2385
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I was just gonna say shawnskis hate on for you and The Fonz is always good for a laugh. What a weird attack

Just a truly odd and unhelpful comment shawnski, IMHO
Pretty sure it's the only reason he comes to CP, but whatever, the mods love him.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #2386
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Pretty sure it's the only reason he comes to CP, but whatever, the mods love him.
Wow, you really read a lot into my post that wasn't there, then you go for the Mod card? Just wow.

Let's dissect my post, shall we? I told CBL I think the four remaining mafia are:

Baxter, YOU, CC and UCB.

Here is what I posted about you:

Quote:
Thought after the first FIVE posts that flameswin was mafia (five quick posts to buff his postcount then virtually nothing for quite a while), and nothing throughout the game led me to believe differently. Just a truly odd and unhelpful game, IMHO.
As I indicated, I thought you were mafia right away because of your quick posts, then nothing (and although I didn't say it, I knew you played LAST game, so you would key in on early posting.) This definitely had you on my mafia radar.

Then you voted for the first three town lyncings, and upon the pattern coming out, suddenly you didn't. This also led me to believe you were mafia.

You voting for yourself (again this game) was also suspicious.

Your changing of mindsets was always suspicious.

When the final listing of suspects came out, you were second on the list, and at that time suddenly you wanted UCB, who was last on the list. My thinking was that you were mob (still) and were trying to get the last suspect moved up in the order. Yes, UCB was on my list, but as I said he was only a hunch. I truly thought you were mob.

Now, by "odd and unhelpful" comment was written poorly as I ment to say "odd and unhelpful to discern", as in to "prove" you were not mafia in the eyes of a lurker (or other town players, I would assume). I just couldn't eliminate you as a suspect.

That all said, do you really think I slagged you here? Again, wow.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #2387
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Seems too defensive.

Vote: Shawnski
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to starseed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #2388
jayswin

Exp:

Alright, you said your piece. It's not just this thread. I'm done with this anyways. Was looking forward to it, too.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #2389
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Also if anyone in any future game says "You can kill me after if I am wrong" I am voting them out for anti town behaviour immediately.

Delgar, Flameswin, Lego, Strombad all used this logic and all agianst townies. To me it is very anti town so next game mafia or town anyone who says it gets my vote.

I've decided I resent this.

Clearly my excellent style of playing led me to be of no concern to either mafia group, and I made it further than you.

Town won.
My method > Your method.

You're welcome
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #2390
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everyone was better than me, I sucked.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #2391
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
NOt a bad idea.

I have been advocating lowest count. You jumping on a different idea keep us "seperate", I can jump on the train when it starts to leave the station.

If I was you I owould not vote yet, but hedge you comments with "if others agree".
From UCB in the parker thread. At the end of day 2 on my list of who was mafia I nailed this concept except I pointed the gun at UCB, Starseed, stombad and lego. I went 0 for 4 on my other vig related theory
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #2392
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just read the Parker thread. You jerks mentioned my name over 75 times and never once spelled it correctly!

That is until CofR posted , "Aeneas is dead" finally!
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeneas For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #2393
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

This will be a much shorter postmortem than the first game, as there's simply less backstory than last time behind this one. Remember how I said last game how I wasn't a fan of multiple mafia groups? Well, this time it turned out to be the perfect way to mix things up from the first time. It might have been too cut and dry to make only one mafia group versus one town group with minimal power roles, so two mafia groups was the way to go. It ended up working even better than I hoped because even the mafia had to hunt hard, which is a little backwards from the usual.

I really struggled to write flavour for the game as I gave myself nothing to really work from, and since people weren't playing specific characters, I was limited in what I could say about anyone. I also didn't want to give away too much by accident, so overall it was really generic stuff and I apologize if you found it boring or lame. I am not a creative person to start with!

Regarding power roles, I kept it very minimal this time, but in hindsight I should have added more considering the large number of players. It was suggested that I add a cop for each faction, which really would have been interesting but could potentially blow the game wide open. Cops always have the potential to break the game if they hit the right target with a little luck early on.

Other things that went well was that only two replacements were needed for 30 freaking people. That's very impressive. Everyone seemed to have a good handle on the rules and how to play, which was also very impressive as it was only the second game here. Finally, there was plenty of great investigating going from lots of the players. It was good to see so many people diving in and using logic to figure out who was who. Being wrong in Mafia is very normal, so don't feel discouraged when sometimes your train of thought leads in the wrong direction.

What went wrong? I made the mistake of allowing 30 people in the game. 25 was already a lot to handle in the first game, and 30 people really ended up being too much. In the future I'm pretty sure I will keep the games at 20 people max for the sake of keeping the game manageable for those playing. Also, I'm not sure what happened on Day 1, but even I was surprised at the volume of posts. That is certainly not normal so don't expect it to be like that in the future. Finally, there was some times where the way people were talking to each other was less than ideal. This is supposed to be fun, so those who start getting close to personal attacks will push others away from playing. This also goes for those who take a "whatever" attitude. It's not fun for the others to deal with.

Kudos to all the new players for picking up the game so well, to dissentowner and saillias for stepping in on short notice and doing great, to CaptainCrunch for his epic death, to starseed for maybe getting too into the game, and finally...to Timbo for taking a bullet so early the game to get things moving along.

Posting this again so it's all in one place:
Night Actions List
http://pastebin.com/eVYXnJNq

Death Topic QT
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/nDH2UqDhaRuD

Barrow Mafia QT
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/X673xvT4nP3KE

Parker Mafia QT
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/gRn2B2KhUCc

Thank you to everyone for playing, for watching, for chatting about the game, everything! It's always fun to run these and I have some really cool ideas to try next game. I can't reveal anything as this will be a closed setup, but I guarantee it will be different from before and potentially very fun to play. I hope to have some info on it in a couple weeks.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #2394
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So just to throw it out there, because chances are I won't play in the next game. But I can certainly help out with writing the scenario and the deaths. I'm pretty creative on both and we can come up with something entirely new.

Just offering up
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #2395
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

One thing I forgot to add last night: Don't use someone's activity elsewhere on CP as an indicator that they are purposely ignoring the game. It takes way more time and effort to make a post for Mafia compared to say...making a post comparing Gaudreau to Gretzky. I'd say it takes me 10 times longer to write something for a mafia game compared to any other posts I'd make.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #2396
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

...especially since what happened with agulati's untimely demise.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starseed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #2397
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So just some scenario concepts that I think could make the games a little spicier on the rping side

Thing a government top secret spy agency, you work in a team with 25 people, analysts, administrators, operatives. One day you wake up and read a news paper and the lead story is that a pair of spy rings in the government have been discovered. One spy ring was created by the evil North Asian alliance, and one created by the hostile nation of Redtoria. The government has learned that your agency has been penetrated by both rings but they don't know who the traitors are. Its up to you and the rest of the employees to discover who the traitors are and deal with them under the no trial protocol.

you live in a small peaceful town in the middle of the Colorado mountains, one night you witness a beautiful and stunning meteor shower and enjoy the show. Over the next couple of days towns people start vanishing, Suddenly all communications with the outside world cease to function. The police corner a suspect a local well known towns person in the act of killing the mayor, when they shoot him he bleeds green and then dissolves. Clearly the town is at the front of an alien invasion, and the aliens can take the shape of towns folk. Its up to the towns people to stop the invasion by finding and killing the imposters. The game can't end until you discover the identity of a master ruler with multiple powers of deception and murder.

Some of the powers of the master ruler

(His mantle can be transfered to another mafia player)
(Once in the game he can take over a towns person, (That player changes factions, night action)
(Once a game he can have two night kills in a night)
(He can role block)

I don't know maybe that's too much power but it would make it harder to kill the alien.

Next scenario

You live in a world of the future where society has collapsed after machines became sentient and deemed humanity as a risk to itself. you are a member of the resistance. Several years before the machines evolved into a human shape. You have to be vigilant against the machines infiltrating and wiping out your cell.

At the start of the game, each mafia gets a clue, this clue can either be revealed through interrogation or lynching. For every incorrect lynching a clue vanishes.

The clue leads to the master mainframe running the war, its a well known building or structure. The game can only end when you as the resistance figure out the location of the mainframe.

Just some thoughts.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #2398
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

One question I had is why did this game get so angry?

You had the transplant99 stuff right at the start, you had dissintower at the end. Even day one people were at eachothers throats and it devolved from there. My thought is that it was the certainty which people posted rather than just posting the evidence on that person. Not sure if that was it though but before diss's reveal it was getting ugly for what should be a fun game.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #2399
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
One question I had is why did this game get so angry?

You had the transplant99 stuff right at the start, you had dissintower at the end. Even day one people were at eachothers throats and it devolved from there. My thought is that it was the certainty which people posted rather than just posting the evidence on that person. Not sure if that was it though but before diss's reveal it was getting ugly for what should be a fun game.

Yeah I found this game different as well.

Maybe it was the different posters, I mean Transplant99 might have missed the point of the thread.....
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #2400
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hey now, transplant had a job unlike the rest of us goons.

It's a hard life in the city.
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good , toronto is no good , vancouver is no good , wild west