- Panthers left wide open
- Sketchy night from the goaltenders
- Dougie gets it done
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2018, 12:35 AM   #2
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

2nd goal should go to Tkachuk, you saw his stick flip over and he pointed at himself

Bad D tonight. I feel bad for the tenders
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:43 AM   #3
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Dumpin on Lomberg? At least is noticeable and you cannot question his effort.

No, he doesnt make the team better but he is as effective as Lazar has been...for almost a season now.

Again, Lazar skates real fast and then he.....? Admittedly he has shown a bit more of late, until tonight at least, and maybe that continues.

Just find it weird how much of a pass he seems to get compared to others.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:03 AM   #4
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post

No, he doesnt make the team better but he is as effective as Lazar has been...for almost a season now.

Again, Lazar skates real fast and then he.....? Admittedly he has shown a bit more of late, until tonight at least, and maybe that continues.

Draft pedigree, reticent to contemplate the trade might have been a huge wiff.

There are a bunch of guys hangout ng around the bottom of the roster that shouldn't be there. Remember when the flames also had Freddie and Tanner Glass?

Not NHL Calibre. Lack prospect depth for call-ups. Interested to see what klimchuck shows becauw hrvik, lomberg, Lazar ain't cutting it..
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:04 AM   #5
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Bottom players may be inadequate, but the top line did not get it done tonight

Actually a minor detail but I didn’t like how Ferland took his time getting off after hit by that shot. Couldn’t take a stride but was out the next shift
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:25 AM   #6
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Lazar's fine, but he hasn't shown that he's more than a decent 4th liner so far. He's definitely replaceable. You see glimpses of the kind of players he can be, and he's young enough that you want to give him that full opportunity to figure it out with this team, but he's got this year and maybe most of next year to figure it out before the Flames move on from him. I think he ends up figuring it out and becomes a 8-10 goal/20-25 point bottom 6 winger/center who can kill penalties.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:32 AM   #7
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

As for the OP:

Agreed on the whining over penalty calls. Show some professionalism. I personally called out Trocheck during the game thread, and I LOVE Trocheck.

Lomberg needs to be sent down. His "fight" added nothing to the game, and he can't do anything well at this level. I'd sooner see Tanner Glass back on the team.

And I agree that the lines need to be shuffled a little. Ferland is a little complacent, 3M isn't doing the job lately (perhaps drop Frolik down in the lineup until he's fully healthy), and Jankowski could use a veteran winger to help out that line.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2018, 07:26 AM   #8
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like continuing to inject youth in places gives some hunger and also you never know what you could hit with. I really want to so Klimchuk up with Backs and Frolik and see Tkachuk with the 3rd line
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #9
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post

I actually thought Lomberg looked lazy last night.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #10
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
I actually thought Lomberg looked lazy last night.
Lazy or just too slow.

I'm not dumping on Lomberg, I'm simply stating the 12th best foward in the lineup isn't the 12th best option.

I see Lazar as the 10th or 11th right now so his perch is tenuous at best, but he's had a pretty good stretch.

The Flames are deep in defenders and goaltenders, but other than Dube and maybe Mangiapane the team may not have all that many options internally to improve the bottom six.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #11
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven’t followed the heat as much but are we thinking Shinkaruk and Poirier are essentially done at the NHL level
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #12
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Lazy or just too slow.

I'm not dumping on Lomberg, I'm simply stating the 12th best foward in the lineup isn't the 12th best option.

I see Lazar as the 10th or 11th right now so his perch is tenuous at best, but he's had a pretty good stretch.

The Flames are deep in defenders and goaltenders, but other than Dube and maybe Mangiapane the team may not have all that many options internally to improve the bottom six.
Or top 6. Seems inevitable Flames will acquire a forward, just a question of when.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #13
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
I haven’t followed the heat as much but are we thinking Shinkaruk and Poirier are essentially done at the NHL level
All indications are that they are not going to make the jump. Shinkaruk was iffy all along IMO. Had hopes for Poirier, looks like he just isn't NHL caliber.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

The good news is they have young strong centers in the show, a deep blueline, and prospects on the blueline.

They have the hardest things to acquire.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #15
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah striking out after Monahan in the 2013 draft right now is the difference between where the team is now and likely being up with the next grouping of teams.

I think Florida will go on a run here. That team has pretty good talent up front. If Luongo can giverify them upgraded goaltending they stoll have a lot of games left.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #16
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I really want to so Klimchuk up with Backs and Frolik and see Tkachuk with the 3rd line
I like parts both of these ideas.

I have no basis or special insight for saying this but I have a feeling that Klimchuk is going to be one of those players that performs better in the nhl than he does in the nhl. He seems like the perfect fit on the 3M line. Playing with guys that play a 200 foot game and think at his level.

Tkachuk and Bennett together just makes too much sense. That is going to click at some point and the two will be a permanent pairing.

Last edited by Racki; 02-18-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Racki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racki For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #17
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only positive things I can say about last nights game was that the Flames scored PP goal(s) and seeing Dougie score a hat trick as a D man was pretty cool. Not sure if it showed on TV but after all the hats were tossed the following shift we that were still there showed appreciation with a decent Dougie Dougie Dougie chant that lasted for a bit.
Liked Hamonic's scrap as well. Rough game for the goalies though, Ritiich and Gillies were brutal.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #18
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nailed it Bingo.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #19
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bennett and Jankowski have scored the same amount of goals as the pairing of Backlund and Frolik. There’s been a focus on the lack of offense from the 3rd line but truth be told given less ice time these two players have outplayed 2/3 of the 3m line. Tkachuk deserves better linemates than these two as the Backlund and Frolik have regressed badly this season.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 02-18-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #20
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Bennett and Jankowski have scored the same amount of goals as the pairing of Backlund and Frolik. There’s been a focus on the lack of offense from the 3rd line but truth be told given less ice time these two players have outplayed 2/3 of the 3m line. Tkachuk deserves better linemates than these two as the Backlund and Frolik have regressed badly this season.
Backlund and Frolik have had pretty tough matches all year. It's tough to score when you are checking the top line all the time. Plus Backlund hasn't had Frolik for an extended time (and Frolik hasn't been himself since coming back).

Bennett and Jankowski score as much as they do because they are (a) not matched against the best checkers and (c) not matched against the best scorers. They are, in other words, sheltered.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote