Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
QuadCityImages
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Drunken Wednesdays

Wild Wednesday on tap for Flames-Aeros game -QCOnline

The new Wednesday night promotion:

$5 Upper bowl tickets
$2 12oz Beers

Will the increased attendance be worth the potential increased problems?

I love this quote: "You can’t bring a family of four to an American Hockey League game for $20 anywhere but here.’’

With people getting 5 beers for $10, will you WANT to bring your family of 4 to a game?
QuadCityImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

The Mallards had $2 beer nights for years, and no one complained. There were very few problems as well.

I think this is another great job done by the QC crew to try and get more people involved with the game. The fact is that there are fewer younger fans then there are older fans. If some college kids get involved now for 5 bucks a ticket, and cheap beer, then maybe they come back on Saturday and spend 15 on a ticket and 6 bucks per beer.

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
beermoney
Draft Pick

Also feel that this is a very good idea. To bad the stupid ass weather is gonna screw everything up again. Looking at a chance of 14"s of snow when all said and done sometime tomorrow. Bring a Friend to the Rink Day is another very good idea.

Quote:
February 17th. Saturday is “Bring a Friend to the Rink Day” as fans are offered a free ticket for every ticket they purchase at the i wireless Center Box Office. On Sunday, fans under 18 years of age will receive complimentary tickets.
Get some new fans out to these games and they may like what the see and will return for more.
beermoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now if only the Saddledome would do that.

Except for the part that ends in unmitigated tragedy and disaster.

Really, this idea depends on the atmosphere of the building. A few people going overboard is no big deal, but if you did that here in the 300s you'd be peeling corpses off the concourse.

It would certainly attract a larger audience though, and that in turn would provided a more energetic atmosphere and possibly even improve the on ice play.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

That's awesome! I'd be happy if the Dome just lowered beer prices by $2 on Wednesdays haha.

Good job by the QC, should be a popular night to go watch a hockey game....I know I would if I was in the area.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
QuadCityImages
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I didn't know the Mallards had $2 beer nights, so that pretty much alleviates my worries on this.

But yeah, the weather is sticking it to us once again. One weather person was quoted as saying that somewhere in the region could easily get 20 inches of snow. At least if they're wrong and we only get 5 or 6 they might have it clear by tomorrow night.
QuadCityImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Another neat thing they're doing....

My 6-year-old hockey buddy (grandson of a friend who doesn't really care all that much for hockey!) is starting to skate in the mite leagues at the Quad City Sports Center. At practice last night, three Flames players (Cunning, Pelech and Sutter) came out and skated with them, giving them pointers and autographs.

I guess players are going to show up at practices for all of the various mite teams for the next two or three weeks. And the kids can get into a Flames game for a buck with their hockey ID card. Every kid on every team is suddenly going to want to go to games to watch their new favorite player!! So how many parents does that mean have to buy tickets??

Another smart move by the ownership!!!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote