Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #401
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

So paul gets everyone to throw it again. What's new?
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #402
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

So if Alex wins veto I guess Josh has choice but to put up Paul? Josh has been onto Paul for awhile now but is just too scared to make a move. If he was smart(which he isn't) he needs to back door Paul.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:57 AM   #403
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
So if Alex wins veto I guess Josh has choice but to put up Paul? Josh has been onto Paul for awhile now but is just too scared to make a move. If he was smart(which he isn't) he needs to back door Paul.
Yeah but Xmas and Alex will vote out Kevin, not Paul.

The issue is that everyone thinks Paul is their ride or die. Making a move against Paul is basically impossible because of his cult of personality. The players are all so deep in his pocket, none of them can make a move.

This is the problem with the way strategy in this game has worked the last few seasons. Being strong is viewed as a weakness. Players view being a follower as a strength. Except what they don't realize is that it needs to be careful but tactical. They are all so afraid of rocking the boat and make no effort to be proactive. They want to fly under the radar and win like Steve or Andy. Only Paul wants to be like Derrick and pull strings from behind the scenes.

And I think if Paul loses on jury in F2 it'll only get worse. I hate him but he's the only one who deserves to win. The rest have all done nothing all season but support Paul's moves.

It all depends on whether jury holds a grudge or respects gameplay. But I think they'll resent how Paul never owned up to his moves. I feel like a strong player could win respect from the people they put on the block if they owned it.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:26 AM   #404
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Yeah but Xmas and Alex will vote out Kevin, not Paul.

The issue is that everyone thinks Paul is their ride or die. Making a move against Paul is basically impossible because of his cult of personality. The players are all so deep in his pocket, none of them can make a move.

This is the problem with the way strategy in this game has worked the last few seasons. Being strong is viewed as a weakness. Players view being a follower as a strength. Except what they don't realize is that it needs to be careful but tactical. They are all so afraid of rocking the boat and make no effort to be proactive. They want to fly under the radar and win like Steve or Andy. Only Paul wants to be like Derrick and pull strings from behind the scenes.

And I think if Paul loses on jury in F2 it'll only get worse. I hate him but he's the only one who deserves to win. The rest have all done nothing all season but support Paul's moves.

It all depends on whether jury holds a grudge or respects gameplay. But I think they'll resent how Paul never owned up to his moves. I feel like a strong player could win respect from the people they put on the block if they owned it.
I think that if Alex wins veto Josh can make a compelling argument to Alex to vote out Paul as he can tell her the truth how this was orchestrated by Paul to get her out. Alex has to realize now that Paul's been working against her as it's pretty obvious. IMO if Josh doesn't get Paul out this week he will be evicted next week as I feel Paul wants to bring Kevin along to the final two.

LOL at Alex for wasting her HOH getting out a useless player. Paul in her ear or not her nominations were dumb and if you want to win the game you have to be smarter than that. Now she has to win veto or she's done.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 09-11-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:41 AM   #405
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Alex wins veto there's a good chance Josh will have no choice but to put Paul on the block, but unfortunately I still don't see him going home as Christmas won't vote him out and Alex (for some reason) hates Kevin.

I'm still holding out hope Josh can spill the beans to Alex on how Paul is playing everyone so they can collectively take a shot at him but I have my doubts they'd actually do that.

Sometimes I think Alex is smart enough to connect the dots but then again she did just waste a huge HOH by getting Raven out. Weakest move ever and might have been her downfall
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #406
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Paul wants to take Christmas and Josh to final 3

As for the jury, I believe the later evictees could be bitter. The earlier ones (namely Elena, Mark, and Cody) have all basically said that Paul has played the best game. However, it's a possibility that they're swayed by what the others say
Old 09-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #407
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya I'm saying Josh needs to get in people's ears about Paul. Right now it's Paul's game to lose, but if Paul goes out then it's wide open.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #408
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Paul wants to take Christmas and Josh to final 3

As for the jury, I believe the later evictees could be bitter. The earlier ones (namely Elena, Mark, and Cody) have all basically said that Paul has played the best game. However, it's a possibility that they're swayed by what the others say
No Paul will be taking Christmas and Kevin if he can. Then wins Final HOH easy and wins the game.

Josh is starting to come around to this.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #409
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
No Paul will be taking Christmas and Kevin if he can. Then wins Final HOH easy and wins the game.

Josh is starting to come around to this.
Yep. Win-win for Paul as he's in the final three with a cripple on either side. He can say he carried Christmas getting people to throw comps to her and I don't know if he would even need to make an argument if he was sitting next to Kevin. I feel Josh sitting next to him may get his share of votes.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #410
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 PM   #411
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats Paul. Get Josh out tomorrow and he almost certainly wins for sure.

Glad Alex is gone.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #412
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was going to give Christmas and Josh the benefit of the doubt and assume that they would just try to use Paul until the final 3, and then try to take advantage of being 2v1 vs. Paul at that point, knowing neither of them would win vs him, but after Christmas told Josh she couldn't say she'd do a final 2 with him, I lost all faith.

What. A bunch. Of morons.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #413
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
I was going to give Christmas and Josh the benefit of the doubt and assume that they would just try to use Paul until the final 3, and then try to take advantage of being 2v1 vs. Paul at that point, knowing neither of them would win vs him, but after Christmas told Josh she couldn't say she'd do a final 2 with him, I lost all faith.

What. A bunch. Of morons.
Josh's best chance was to punt Kevin last night instead of Alex and get some power back in his corner. He would have definitely had Alex's loyalty after Paul didn't use the veto.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #414
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

At this point if anyone but Paul wins it will be a travesty. I dislike him but Jesus H. Christ the other players are all so dumb they don't even deserve a shot at winning. Paul should get 1st and 2nd.

The number of people willing to be his pawn and do his bidding week after week after week is astounding. Then, when Paul has no further use for them, he orchestrates their eviction and gets one of his other pawns to take the heat and the person evicted stays loyal to Paul. Unless Jury is bitter and it is weird we've had the least amount of Jury screen time I've ever seen on BB. I wonder if they are all so hateful to Paul BB is keeping it secret to the finale so they can hide that Paul's chances are over and all us fans can get the coup we've all been waiting for. Or Jury loves Paul and the game is already over and that's why they're hiding it from us.

The only reason I can't give him a ton of credit and label him one of, if not the greatest, BB player ever is that a. the other players have been mind blowingly stupid and gullible and b. Paul was given so many huge advantages by production it really makes you wonder if the other players were influenced by that.

If the stupid temptation thing doesn't exist, Paul is out in week 2 when Cody tried to out him. How interesting this season could have been.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 09-14-2017 at 10:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #415
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Why the hell didn't Josh save Alex, after Paul broke her heart, and Christmas crushed Josh, essentially confirming to him that she'll take Paul to final 2 over him? It was Josh's only opportunity to have someone play in the HOH competition for him. Alex would have had a fantastic shot at winning that, and she'd have put Paul & Christmas on the block.

So many bad players this season.
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #416
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Funny watching Kevin go along for the ride and watch this train wreck happen. He's good for a vote and nothing else, cant win comps and has zero influence with the others.

I agree with the above - Paul has played a great game but he's nowhere near one of the best as production has tailored him winning comps and everyone else in the house has been amazingly blind.

Surprised Alex really was that gullible. Paul orchestrated Jason leaving but somehow she though it would be different for her? And also surprised no footage of the jury house, guessing it's because they are either 100% pro Paul or anti Paul. Jason was mad going in and Alex will be too, so Paul might have some work to do winning over the jury, but will still win
Old 09-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #417
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Yeah, as spiteful as the jury may be, how could they not vote for Paul when every other player has been horrendous?

Then again, Matt believed that Raven was 1 of the best players this season... so these people are actually extremely stupid.
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #418
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only saving grace for this season is Cody winning AFP just to see the faces of these buffoons.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #419
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is the first season where I haven't cared if I read spoilers. Basically cuz we all know what's gonna happen and what ive been reading it has gone exactly how I thought.

Also would it be good or bad for gameplay if instead of Julie saying by a vote of 4 to 3 Josh you are eliminated, she just said Josh you are eliminated?
Old 09-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #420
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
This is the first season where I haven't cared if I read spoilers. Basically cuz we all know what's gonna happen and what ive been reading it has gone exactly how I thought.

Also would it be good or bad for gameplay if instead of Julie saying by a vote of 4 to 3 Josh you are eliminated, she just said Josh you are eliminated?
I have long been advocating for them to keep vote count secret. I see very little benefit from it being public and I think this season is a good example of that.

Any vote that flips, the HGs will obviously know because the person they didn't expect will be voted out. That creates its own drama and they don't need to be told the vote count to realize there was a coup or blindside.

Any eviction under the current format that has votes for "show" or to rile things up etc is typically quickly outed. Even where we've seen some legit drama around the votes, it is the exception, not the norm. Most often the votes are unanimous or it is obvious who voted for whom and why (showmance).