Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #141
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

I don't think the producers thought that digging the balls out of the sand would take damn near an hour. A major gaffe. You can't have people out there in that heat, with no hydration for that long. It is supposed to be hard - but not risking people's health like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #142
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

They did run Alecia's goodbye right after the vote, while they showed who voted for who.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #143
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
I don't think the producers thought that digging the balls out of the sand would take damn near an hour. A major gaffe. You can't have people out there in that heat, with no hydration for that long. It is supposed to be hard - but not risking people's health like that.
Frankly I'm amazed that they haven't had more incidents like this. When they have people hanging onto poles for 3 or 4 hours in a hundred plus heat and no water, it doesn't take long for heat shock to set in.

Its a testimonial to how tough and how determined some people are in this game.

We sometimes take for granted the players that are the true physical challenge beasts that just power through this game physically.

I'm also amazed that in the entire run of this game, I don't think we're seen a really life altering physical injury or fall. I give credit to the course designers for that.

The challenges though are a bit less dangerous then the first couple of years where they had people cliff diving.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:59 AM   #144
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brawn tribe...for a tribe that has lost 3 members in the first 4 tribals they sure seem cocky and arrogant. It'll be interesting to see what happens at the first merge and if they change their bullying ways or continue to try to bully a new tribe (whether together or apart). I can't help but think the editing is such that Mr. "never leave somone behind" and Cydney end up together and at some point he blindsides her...or she blindsides him as he will have a huge blind spot when it come to her now. He'll never expect her to turn against him.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #145
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think both Scott and the bounty hunter guy will be quick to go after the merge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #146
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The sad thing is that at the finale Probst is going to ask some fluff question as to whether Alecia, Scot and Kyle have put everything behind them:

1. Kyle and Scot will say that they all sometimes stay in contact outside of the game and the everything is "in the past".

2. Kyle will mention his military service and get applause

3. Scot will allude to something about the Celtics

4. Alecia will politely just go along with the response even though it's probably 95% untrue and she's just trying to be respectful instead of calling out those bags.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #147
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, I did a good job picking players. One of them completely implodes at tribal for no reason at all and the other one is coach's long lost sister.

Hopefully the brawn idiots get split up and picked off now. Gotta admit that is great editing, I hate those 2 now.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:55 PM   #148
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Victim of bad circumstance there, she didn't stand much of a chance. Had Scott thought further down the road, he would know his goose is cooked with the 3 brains. Really short sighted to not take out Peter or one of the brains. Once Tai is gone, he's next.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #149
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the little wrinkle they added in that tribe swap. Sucks it had to be the 18 year old being the odd one out, but she seems very mature for her age and has handled it all amazingly well.

Haven't gotten any vibes about who the winner could be. I think maybe Debbie could win this - she's extremely manipulative and is certainly playing up the crazy old lady act. It definitely feels like the Debbie show right now.

I didn't think Tai had the balls to blindside Anna. Her voice was driving me up the wall this episode, so I don't mind losing her. But I would have loved Peter getting idoled out - it would have been a great play for beauty especially with the other girl joining the tribe next episode. The outcome was pretty good for Scot who is very safe and now has knowledge that two people have idols.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:15 PM   #150
jkflames
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Victim of bad circumstance there, she didn't stand much of a chance. Had Scott thought further down the road, he would know his goose is cooked with the 3 brains. Really short sighted to not take out Peter or one of the brains. Once Tai is gone, he's next.
Don't forget Julia joins that tribe now, so it'll be 3 brains vs the 3 others now. Had he voted out Peter, he would be on the opposite side, "aligned" with 3 beautys. Now, at least if he wants to vote Peter out next time, he still has a tight bond with Tai for sure in a group of 3.

Peter's arrogance at tribal is gonna come back and bite him yet.

I really don't like Debbie, but she's been getting a good edit so far. I think Tai has been getting a good edit as well, wouldn't be surprised to see him go far.
The Following User Says Thank You to jkflames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #151
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That is twice now that Probst has all but ran across the fire and grabbed Peter by the shoulders to shake him yelling 'DOOD WAKE UP, THIS IS A GAME OF BLINDSIDES!!'. Peter has no idea how close he actually was to going home, his arrogance is just off the charts.

Saw a bit of a different side of Scott in last nights episode, if that was all I had seen of him I would actually like him. He actually has a sense of strategy so he could go far if he can keep the target off his back.

Tai continues to be a fan favourite, frick that guy is just so funny. I think his game is under rated at this point by everyone else and that is exactly where you want to be. Important to your tribe but not perceived as a threat. Right now honestly I think he is getting the winner edit. The only problem is that closer to the merge and after the merge, likeable people start getting picked off fast.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:33 PM   #152
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think Debbie might be the winner. She is crazy but crazy like a fox.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 08:57 PM   #153
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

After watching the latest episode, i dont think i could bring myself to cheer for anyone. I hate everyone who's left

Debbie and Tai who are edited to be the comic reliefs just comes out to me as annoying

I want them to just nuke this season and start fresh with a new one
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2016, 12:13 PM   #154
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just caught up on the season.

Scott calling out a man-crush on Tai was really funny. I can see Tai going far.

Peter seems like he`s going out of his way to make sure he gets screen time for bringing contraversy or memorable moments. His problem is he isn`t doing a good job of it.

Interesting to see the patches on Jason`s sunburn and it looked like Alecia even had sunscreen on at one point. I think medical is recognizing that they have to do a bit more with the cast.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #155
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are all given sunscreen. Up to them if they wear it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #156
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

So wrong thread. *L*

Haven't had a chance to watch the Ep yet, though I've heard that the swap has a neat twist.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-19-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:22 PM   #157
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have been able to actually watch the episode now.

Not a lot of thoughts about it. I like the merge-twist.

I'm kind of wishing someone could give these folks a lesson on what a "blind side" is. Every single vote is not a blind side. Anna going home is not a blind side.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #158
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if the one person tribe thing was a last minute thing. Originally with Caleb not going home they would have had even size tribes. Because they were one person down, maybe they figured better to keep even numbers and isolate one person for that round. Would be interested to know if that was the case.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:33 AM   #159
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I wonder if the one person tribe thing was a last minute thing. Originally with Caleb not going home they would have had even size tribes. Because they were one person down, maybe they figured better to keep even numbers and isolate one person for that round. Would be interested to know if that was the case.
Jeff basically stated as much when he was explaining the buff colors.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:47 AM   #160
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah, thanks. Must have missed that.