Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2019, 08:39 AM   #21
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
You can definitely broker under the same entry if they're from the same vendor - less than if they were all separate. Best you either contact them, or check out the link at the bottom of the page I linked earlier - there's a number of different scenarios there with the same or different vendors.
Thanks I feel kind of dumb now (lol) -- I've been on their website before but never noticed the link at the bottom (perhaps it's new)? In any event, I did send them an email last night but the link pretty much answers all my questions.

As for the OP, I'll add +1 in terms of shipping to the US (and even Europe -- I've found it's cheaper to send international via the US versus directly from Canada Post).
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #22
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
The fees for DYK to deliver the parcel from Montana to Calgary are pretty nominal; however, the brokerage fees seem like they could get pretty high. What does it mean when it says "Brokerage per vendor"? I guess I could just contact them but in your experience does it mean that you can import 5 packages from the same "vendor" (i.e. Amazon) totaling $150 for only $15.00 in brokerage fees? I also buy stuff on eBay sometimes but it wouldn't be cost effective to pay $15.00 for every single one if each "vendor" is different?
Brokerage per vendor means they use a customs broker and pass the charges on to you. I've used for a few things that wouldn't ship to Canada, but the brokerage is on the expensive side I thought. I've been meaning to ask if they would let me use one of the cheap online customs brokers, which they might.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote