Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2019, 03:59 PM   #61
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I doubt that gets anything close to done. Pulijarvi isn't anything but a reclamation project, Yamamoto is starting to look like an undersized bust. The first doesn't have that much value while the Oilers are hot.

I would expect that the Devils starting point would be Bouchard and and the first.

As well 8 m on an extension, basically Hall is going to wait for free agency because his agent knows they'll be a huge bidding war for him.
Yup. The Framework is the Mark Stone trade.

So the equivalent of that would be Bouchard/Broberg, Roster Player (Sheahan), 2nd.

And since I feel like Hall might be worth a little more since people tend to value offense over 200ft play that the 2nd would likely actually have to be a 1st. Especially since the Oilers would also need the Devils to take cap back.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #62
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
I just don't think Hall would be at all interested in signing with Edmonton again.

He is good friends with McDavid. There are rumours out there about the oilers and jersey trading to get him back to Edmonton. In my opinion, he would jump at the chance to play with McDavid.
Doctorfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #63
Spinach
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That can't have possibly meant Puljujarvi straight up for Lias Andersson, could it?

Also, the Flames trading what could be a high pick or high picks for Hall is ridiculous. Even if this team were playing like last year's (pre-All Star break), where would he slot in? Behind Gaudreau & Tkachuk? LW is the last thing the Flames need.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #64
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
That can't have possibly meant Puljujarvi straight up for Lias Andersson, could it?

Also, the Flames trading what could be a high pick or high picks for Hall is ridiculous. Even if this team were playing like last year's (pre-All Star break), where would he slot in? Behind Gaudreau & Tkachuk? LW is the last thing the Flames need.
It's probably pretty close value. They are only 5 months apart in age and Puljujarvi has actually shown more in North America than Andersson.

Not like Lias has been dominating at the NHL level or even shown very much at the NHL level.

That's actually a swap that would have made sense as a change of scenery move for both guys, while the drafting team still gets a guy that had top 10 pick value in the draft year.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:15 PM   #65
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

This isn't the first time shots have been fired across the bows of GMs through the media, after an insulting offer was made. We've seen it when Dougie was still here and this is likely close to what the reply was for the lowball offers on Sam.

Burke on rumors: "People have no goddamn idea what they're talking about"
Quote:
This is one where we think we can trace the leak. We got a call, our GM got a call, Brad Treliving is the GM. (Tre) got a call from a team, who shall remain nameless, at least for now - if this goes on much further I'm probably not going to remain nameless - and said 'Would you move Dougie Hamilton?' and Tre said no ...

So we told this team - and by the way, the offer they made was insulting. we told the team, 'No we're not moving him, and next time you have an idea that stupid, just save the quarter, don't go to the payphone.' That team started telling teams, 'Yeah, we made an offer on Hamilton.' Now it's a rumour, it's got legs. Someone's like, 'Well, they must be moving him.'
Old 12-04-2019, 04:33 PM   #66
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
This isn't the first time shots have been fired across the bows of GMs through the media, after an insulting offer was made. We've seen it when Dougie was still here and this is likely close to what the reply was for the lowball offers on Sam.

Burke on rumors: "People have no goddamn idea what they're talking about"
Yeah that rumor of Flames moving Hamilton had no merit at all.

GM's aren't going to admit a player's name comes up in trade discussions. The louder they protest...
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #67
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
He is good friends with McDavid. There are rumours out there about the oilers and jersey trading to get him back to Edmonton. In my opinion, he would jump at the chance to play with McDavid.
No doubt he would jump at the chance to play with McLotto .... for the last half of the season so he can rack up the points and cash in as a UFA. Some moron GM is going to offer Hall 9-10M, the oilers can't afford that but I hope they do.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #68
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

, 'No we're not moving him, and next time you have an idea that stupid, just save the quarter, don't go to the payphone.' That team started telling teams, 'Yeah, we made an offer on Hamilton.' Now it's a rumour, it's got legs. Someone's like, 'Well, they must be moving him.'

Sounds like a prank call to Tre. Why else would the payphone be used?
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #69
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinach View Post

I think the Flames are in dire need of higher end RH forwards, but I have a feeling one of those 3 top-end LW could slip to RW without losing much.

I’d actually like to see Johnny tried more on the right side. I think it could open up different passing options he hasn’t had access to before.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #70
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I'm going to need a definition of a drive by. The mod team won't supply one so I assume it's one of those things when you know it when you see it and want to punish it.

You never asked about my opinion on the leaks because you were already elbows deep on your computer accusing a guy who has posted on this board for 15 years of a massive anti flame point of view.

Afterall, a guy critical of an organization as successful as the flames must have a massive anti flames point of view. Those criticisms couldn't possibly have any merit to them.

United, could you detail for those of us with addled minds about the specifics of the Lindholm for Bennett swap you're talking about?
Please stop. Contrarian is ok but you bring the negative energy too much. You started with the lame comment about leaks. Maybe leaks come from the other side? Who knows. Whatever. For a lot of us, 15 here should blunt the edge and add some perspective, but you seem to end up in a lot of entanglements. Is it worth it?
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustygoon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #71
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
Please stop. Contrarian is ok but you bring the negative energy too much. You started with the lame comment about leaks. Maybe leaks come from the other side? Who knows. Whatever. For a lot of us, 15 here should blunt the edge and add some perspective, but you seem to end up in a lot of entanglements. Is it worth it?
He has stopped for good by the looks of it.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #72
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Someone should write a book about the things Flash has been told. There's a lot of them.
Would I find that in sports or the fiction section?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #73
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Would I find that in sports or the fiction section?
Self help.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #74
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Interesting...

Would you guys do a straight up Sam B for Jesse P swap?
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #75
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

Miles Wood would be a great addition for the bottom 6 and he has term. I imagine a lot of teams will be inquiring about him.
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hey Connor, It's Mess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #76
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Interesting...

No more of your junk. No.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #77
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flash gone for a cool down, but no one was leakier than Feaster outside of Lowe and McTavish were, all of who needed to do their work through floating rumours and trial balloons out in the media, because no other GMs would take their calls.

And in this case, I suspect agents of players directly involved, or of potential traded players, are the sources for most of the national guys.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #78
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully his time out is just that.

I think he’s one of the classic characters of CP.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #79
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Hopefully his time out is just that.

I think he’s one of the classic characters of CP.
No kidding. A little sense of humor here might be needed unless I'm missing something.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:54 PM   #80
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Interesting...

Jesse P isn't worth a functioning NHL player.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote