Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #7001
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of hockey ( 14 games) between now and the deadline ( Feb 26). Hard to look into the future and be able to tell what sort of position the Flames will be in.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #7002
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
I am a fan of Silfverberg and he seems to always do well when I watch. I would be okay with acquiring him to play with Backlund and Tkachuk. I doubt the Ducks trade him within the division though.
He seems to produce well enough in the playoffs. If we think we can make the playoffs, then maybe he could be a useful addition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #7003
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Take this with a grain of salt but the same guy who told me way back in the day that Monny signed and at what number a few days before it was announced just told me the flames have a minor deal in place with an eastern team that should pull through in the next few days. Hes told me some stuff in the past that never came to fruition. I know he has some connections on the east coast though.

Wont tell me more than that.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flames1217 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #7004
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Lots of hockey ( 14 games) between now and the deadline ( Feb 26). Hard to look into the future and be able to tell what sort of position the Flames will be in.
Flames will still be buyers 14 games from now.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #7005
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Take this with a grain of salt but the same guy who told me way back in the day that Monny signed and at what number a few days before it was announced just told me the flames have a minor deal in place with an eastern team that should pull through in the next few days. Hes told me some stuff in the past that never came to fruition. I know he has some connections on the east coast though.

We're getting Sidney Crosby?!?!?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #7006
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Ferland doesn't get traded to the Oilers. I like the kid and don't want to see his career nosedive.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #7007
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Flames will still be buyers 14 games from now.
Sure, but what kind of buying they will be doing might look very different. I just don't see the Flames making a big splash at the deadline, especially if they keep up their strong play.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #7008
rhino
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
We're getting Sidney Crosby?!?!?
It would have to happen now and include Hanowski for it to make sense.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #7009
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneto View Post
After listening to the latest ep of Spittin' Chicklets, I kinda want Kevin Hayes for a rental 3rd line C. Seems like he would be a good fit on the squad, and has always impressed me with his play.

Buyers Market, what would the Rangers want for him?

Hayes is on a close to 70 point pace this season, and has 16 points in his last 11 games. He’s driving the Ranger offence right now.

He’s no third line centre.

The bidding on him will start at a 1st round pick +.

He’d actually fit great with Johnny, but that seems to already be covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #7010
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I would be very hesitant to acquire Silfverberg. He's quite poor defensively and is a rather inefficient scorer. Apparently he has a good shot but rather seldom uses it. And he'd probably cost a ton.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #7011
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Sure, but what kind of buying they will be doing might look very different. I just don't see the Flames making a big splash at the deadline, especially if they keep up their strong play.
I hope its not a big splash.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #7012
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

To be fair, I only see the Flames making minor deals. Something to shore up their bottom 6 forwards and probably a veteran depth defenseman in the 6th/7th spot.

So your rumor makes sense.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #7013
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't mind if our first rounder is in play, but has to be a good return to warrant it.

Flames are in an interesting position, where they can find themselves make a deep run this year as long as goaltending holds up.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #7014
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

If that rumor is true, I feel one of Stone or Lazar will not be a Flame this time next week.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #7015
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
If that rumor is true, I feel one of Stone or Lazar will not be a Flame this time next week.
Stone to Ottawa for a late pick is my guess
Old 01-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #7016
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Brayden Schenn and Chris Kreider make logical sense to me. They play for bad teams who would most likely trade them, and they're cost-controlled for an additional year after this one. They'd be similar to Tampa getting McDonagh and Miller last year.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #7017
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
To be fair, I only see the Flames making minor deals. Something to shore up their bottom 6 forwards and probably a veteran depth defenseman in the 6th/7th spot.

So your rumor makes sense.
Hes told me a bunch of stuff, some right most wrong. Told me about some weird signings before they happened also. Usually i dont bother posting anything but this time makes legit sense. I know our team is going after a bottom pairing d and a forward. More sellers are in the east also so I think he may be right about this also.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #7018
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
I am not sure its negativity. I didn't like him in the off-season but he has done well and I think could be a great 3rd line guy. I think most on here are saying that you shouldn't pay a premium to sign a guy who is on pace for 30 points despite playing a bunch with Backlund and Tkachuk. He should be paid like a 3rd liner and if he wants more, look at trade options.

I'd love something like the Jarnkrok contract ($2M x 6 years) for Bennett but I don't see Bennett as the type of guy to take that deal.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 01-15-2019 at 11:00 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #7019
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please be Kronwall.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #7020
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

One can dream... a Brodie package for

Taylor Hall
Mark Stone
Brayden Point
David Pastrnak
William Nylander
Closed Thread