Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #8281
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

No one really discusses how injured San Jose really was in the series yet it could be argued they could of won that series. I think if they were remotely close to healthy then edmonton would have lost...
Old 08-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #8282
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I almost feel sorry for Coiler fans they are so delusional about their team and are in denial about their future (or lack of). But then you read some of their comments and then you can't wait for it to come crashing down on them, probably in November!

Let's see if they are still trolling around WITHOUT making excuses as to why they suck this season!
Old 08-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #8283
Azhouse
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I remember deluding myself into thinking that it was good that Kipper played 70+ games per year.

According to the Oilers fans that I know Brossoit (having played 10 NHL games) is the real deal anyway.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #8284
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Honest question for Oilers fans on this forum: Why do you bother arguing on a Flames forum, let alone a thread that is only for the purpose of bashing the Oilers? I appreciate it from an entertainment stand point, not complaining... genuine curiosity.

Ten years of losing not enough for you?
Old 08-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #8285
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Honest question for Oilers fans on this forum: Why do you bother arguing on a Flames forum, let alone a thread that is only for the purpose of bashing the Oilers? I appreciate it from an entertainment stand point, not complaining... genuine curiosity.

Ten years of losing not enough for you?
I actually find it funny and cathartic.

"Oh you mean Flames fans spend all day bashing the Oilers!! Big meanies!!"

Its the 'Edmonton Is No Good' Thread.

I dont know what you thought you were going to find here, but its all in fun.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #8286
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

[QUOTE=---Hatrick---;6358577]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaOiler72 View Post
didn't you say the same things about Elliott and his .930 save % last year?

And Elliot certainly didn't give us average goaltending when it mattered most. He was abysmal to start the year and again in the playoffs. He deserves some credit for helping the Flames get hot when they did. Elliot was playing average to above average when the Flames got hot mid season. Flames were one of the top teams in the league during that stretch. So what does that tell you?
If Elliot had given them at least average goaltending in the playoffs, I certainly don't think they would have been swept. He fell apart in the playoffs and was like a leaky faucet. Not putting all the blame on him, but it's pretty tough to win a series with the goaltending he gave the Flames
They basically lost 4 one goal games (EN goals aside)

Brian Elliott had a .880 save percentage

Average goal tending does more than prevent a sweep, average goal tending likely puts Calgary in the drivers seat
Old 08-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #8287
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Albertaoiler72 getting owned by bingo. Like dog shaking the hell out of a stuffed teddy bear kind of owned. And best AO72 comes up with is sample size issue AFTER highlighting stats?! Bwwahahahah.
The Following User Says Thank You to dustygoon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #8288
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It really isn't that complicated. The Oilers, when McDavid is on the ice, are essentially the dynasty era Red Wings. Without McDavid on the ice they're... well, they're the Edmonton Oilers.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #8289
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I laugh when the media says the Oilers window is this season.So when Mcgreedys contract kicks in no more playoffs?
Old 08-29-2017, 04:56 PM   #8290
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
I laugh when the media says the Oilers window is this season.So when Mcgreedys contract kicks in no more playoffs?
Regardless of the media pundits but $21M of their cap goes to 2 players after this season.

Yes, other teams have comparables but typically those teams have won their cups.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-29-2017, 05:10 PM   #8291
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is AO72 allowed to post here? He's not funny, he's just arrogant and only pops by when things are going his way.

There's some good Oiler fan posters here, he is not one of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #8292
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the fact that AO72 has to answer every single rebuttal says a lot about the fragile psyche of the average Oilers fan

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 05:16 PM   #8293
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Why is AO72 allowed to post here? He's not funny, he's just arrogant and only pops by when things are going his way.

There's some good Oiler fan posters here, he is not one of them.
Actually, I think he's hilarious. Pathetic, and suffers from "hockey stupidity", but still hilarious.
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2017, 05:26 PM   #8294
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

AlbertaOiler72 crushes this forum. He has 10 people chasing after his posts every time.

He's pretty much got you guys like fish in a barrel.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #8295
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
AlbertaOiler72 crushes this forum. He has 10 people chasing after his posts every time.

He's pretty much got you guys like fish in a barrel.
If you consider spending your time specifically coming to a rival teams message board to troll their fans with literally zero ammo "crushing", I guess.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #8296
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a good day of fishing when you reel so many in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2017, 06:24 PM   #8297
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Still, if the point you're making is that by acting like a completely clueless Oiler fan, provoking intelligently written and well supported rebuttals is "a good day" then I suppose it's a good day. It's not like both sides went all Algernon.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #8298
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
Still, if the point you're making is that by acting like a completely clueless Oiler fan, provoking intelligently written and well supported rebuttals is "a good day" then I suppose it's a good day. It's not like both sides went all Algernon.
You make the mistake of thinking someone is coming on a rival fan forum and actually caring about changing the minds of fans to all of a sudden think that their rival team is actually amazing.

I mean think about it. Think about the ridiculousness of this whole thing on both sides. Is someone going to post some long rebuttal and then a light bulb is going to go on and he's just going to think his team is awful? Or is it more likely that he can post pretty much whatever he wants and then have a laugh while people get riled up and pour typed words into a bottomless hole.

The consistency of the events is actually pretty funny. Dude bats 1.000.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #8299
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You make the mistake of thinking someone is coming on a rival fan forum and actually caring about changing the minds of fans to all of a sudden think that their rival team is actually amazing.

I mean think about it. Think about the ridiculousness of this whole thing on both sides. Is someone going to post some long rebuttal and then a light bulb is going to go on and he's just going to think his team is awful? Or is it more likely that he can post pretty much whatever he wants and then have a laugh while people get riled up and pour typed words into a bottomless hole.

The consistency of the events is actually pretty funny. Dude bats 1.000.
I make no such mistake. I know he's here trolling, I just like seeing his inane arguments put down. I also know that no rebuttal will change this. But purely from a bystander's point of view I like seeing his "points" demolished.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #8300
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just because people reply, it does not mean they have been reeled in.

And in the case of this poster in particular, he is not just looking for responses, he clearly and thoroughly believes the garbage he is dishing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread