Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-31-2021, 01:04 PM   #4321
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
Jiri. You know what to do.
Jiri isn't a mod. Leave me out of your ####.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2021, 04:39 PM   #4322
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Not very often a "moron of the pandemic" comes into the "morons of the pandemic" thread and outs himself as a complete moron.

What a melt down.
The thread has come full circle to produce its own content.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2021, 06:07 PM   #4323
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Antivax 'friend' of ours (who was finally convinced to vax) had a headache this weekend (1 month after second shot) and low blood sugar. Which is apparently the fault of the vaccine.

In the non moron part of post, reinstated mandatory indoor masking in Vegas has probably 95% compliance, up from about 10% prior. I'm pleasantly surprised.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2021, 06:56 PM   #4324
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Is this the new PC way of calling someone ######ed because you don’t agree with them?
I don't think that level of paranoia and anti social behavior is really normal. He seems convinced we're all going to have some vaccine injuries and the whole pandemic is a scam.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:08 PM   #4325
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw a bunch of people on the corner of 17th Ave and 37th st protesting vaccines, and every single one of them looked unprepared to survive a bout of Covid. The signage was appalling.

Remember the old joke about the woman in her house before the hurricane? A cop knocks on her door to evacuate her, she says “the Lord will save me, I have nothing to fear.”

The water rises, and a man on a boat pulls up and offers to take her to safety. “The lord will save me, I have nothing to fear.”

Finally, the water is so high she has to climb on her roof. A helicopter descends and throws her a ladder. “The Lord will save me” yadda yadda.

Anyway, she dies. At the pearly gates, she’s irate and demands to know why God didn’t save her.

St Peter consults his ledger and says “says here we sent you a cop, a boat and a helicopter.”

The vaccines are the cop, boat, and helicopter. It wasn’t nothing to create them. They came at great cost.

And now all the people who spent the last 18 months advocating we let people die instead of disrupting their ability to get a haircut, have the temerity to stand out on the corner and declare before God and everyone that, no, it’s the vaccines that kill.

Go #### yourselves.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:50 PM   #4326
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

They Spurned the Vaccine. Now They Want You to Know They Regret It.

Quote:
PROVO, Utah — As Mindy Greene spent another day in the COVID intensive care unit, listening to the whirring machines that now breathed for her 42-year-old husband, Russ, she opened her phone and tapped out a message.
Quote:
But she had concerns about the vaccines, and found plenty of reasons to hesitate when she scrolled through social media or talked with anti-vaccine friends. “You need to watch this,” one wrote to her.

Clicking on a few links took her down a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories touted by anti-vaccine lawyers and YouTubers, and videos in which anti-vaccine doctors and nurses decried the COVID-19 shots as “bioweapons.”
Quote:
There are uncertain months ahead as doctors try to repair his damaged lungs and wean him off a ventilator. He was briefly transferred from the hospital to a long-term acute care center last week, a hopeful moment. But doctors found a hole in his lungs, and he was rushed back into the ICU.

“I will always regret that I listened to the misinformation being put out there,” Greene said. “They’re creating fear.”
Quote:
And in a shaking voice, a hospital-clinic administrator in rural Utah described how she had been pummeled by double pneumonia and sepsis after choosing not to get vaccinated. The woman, Stormy, said it had taken weeks to summon the nerve to speak out in a video posted by her local health department. She only did so using her first name because she worried that COVID deniers would say she was making it all up.

“I absolutely was fearful of the negative aspects that could come from it,” she said in an interview this week. “I was part of a problem that I was trying to avoid.”
Quote:
Some people who were quick to embrace the vaccines are now choosing to speak out about family members who did not. It was a role Kimberle Jones never wanted, but one she embraced after her daughter, Erica Thompson, 37, a mother from St. Louis, died July 4, nearly three months after she had what she thought was a bad asthma attack.

“I want to be a voice for her,” said Jones, who got vaccinated as soon as she was able to. “I really think my daughter would want me to say, ‘Go get vaccinated.’”

After scraping by making $10 an hour at call-center jobs, Thompson had recently found a dream job doing medical coding. She went to the hospital coughing and struggling to breathe in mid-May and was on a ventilator within days. Jones said she sang “Beat It” as her daughter was sedated and promised to be there when she woke.

“Her last words to me were ‘Mama, I can’t breathe,’” Jones said.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/spurned-va...141207155.html
Old 07-31-2021, 08:52 PM   #4327
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^Don’t weep for the stupid, you’ll be crying all day.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #4328
Vena
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Ehhh. You're not wrong, but there are people in positions of power who should know better that actively minimized COVID and vaccines that absolutely knew better. Some people seem to have been hoodwinked about this and other issues.

It's doesn't justify the situation, but it does make me sad for the people who realize too late that they were wrong. I'm not going to be crying all day because I do hate the whole idea that 'It's not a problem until it happens to me, then it's important that everyone knows.'

Also, a fully vaxxed relative of mine is blaming every ailment on the vaccine. The only side effect seems to have been a sore arm, which only lasted two days. They refused to have any level of pain tolerance for and gloried in that pain as a justification for spewing anti-covid vax views. I know this person well and they just aren't doing well mentally. It really sucks to see because instead of getting well, they are indulging in misery. It's almost masochistic.

Last edited by Vena; 08-02-2021 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Formatting
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:04 PM   #4329
Cappy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wait, was methanolic just an a hole this whole time???

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=316
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 08:06 AM   #4330
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Some people say we should listen to the medical advice of doctors and other healthcare professionals.
The health care and public policy experts charged with reducing vaccine hesitancy say empathy and education are the way to move the needle, while shaming and denunciation are counterproductive.

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/a...cine-hesitancy

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...son-to-fear-it

Are you gonna heed the experts on this? Or do what’s emotionally satisfying instead?
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:37 AM   #4331
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Wait, was methanolic just an a hole this whole time???

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=316
Can't believe I missed this thread recently. Been avoiding it for a week and got to enjoy the past few pages. Always great to see a 14-year account go down in a blaze of glory, fist swinging.

Truly, a moron of the pandemic.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 09:42 AM   #4332
Cappy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The health care and public policy experts charged with reducing vaccine hesitancy say empathy and education are the way to move the needle, while shaming and denunciation are counterproductive.

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/a...cine-hesitancy

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...son-to-fear-it

Are you gonna heed the experts on this? Or do what’s emotionally satisfying instead?
Very true, Cliff, and i certainly agree.

I had a couple people in my family who were hesitant at the beginning for sure. My mother didn't seem particularly keen on it when it first came out. She was worried about the quick pace of development and figured she was healthy enough to not get seriously ill. but we were able to reason with her (she also talked to her doctor) and she is now very pro-vaccine.

My sister was also somewhat hesitant. She's a smart girl and the best i could do was just look at her and say, "really?" My mom actually talked to her, and it turned out her friends were telling her about fertility issues. She talked to her doc and ultimately got the vax.

Those are examples of vaccine hesitant. People who would normally get the jab or consider the science but ultimately had some particular issue that made them hesitant. Once presented with direct information on their specific issue, they were able to overcome their hesitancy.

Methanolic is not vaccine hesitant. He is a straight up nut job that places pandemic in quotes and infers this is all a ploy for the government to institute lockdown measures. When asked about his reasons, he just played victim to the "leftists" in this forum.

How does empathy and education work here?

This forum isn't actually that ridiculous either. Go look at the vaccine sub. One of the first comments is from BoLevi asking a legit question about giving the vaccine to his kids. No one shut that question down as being dumb or scaremongering. It turned into a decent discussion about the issue. Many made reasoned points

Last edited by Cappy; 08-03-2021 at 09:47 AM.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 11:19 AM   #4333
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
There are stupid people I care about. Can't just turn that off.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #4334
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/2...ada-u-n1275750

Quote:
Two airline passengers entering Canada from the United States were fined nearly $16,000 each for submitting fake vaccination cards and Covid-19 test results, officials said.

The passengers also failed to stay at government-authorized accommodations, as is also required by the country’s government, Canada’s public health agency said Friday.

The passengers, who were not identified in a news release, traveled to Toronto two weeks ago and were Canadian citizens, Health Canada spokeswoman Maryse Durette told NBC News. They mark the first case of travelers using fake vaccination documents to enter the country, Durette said.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:42 PM   #4335
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good, that's a pretty solid fine for most people.
Completely deserved.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #4336
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh look, a Moron approaches...

Quote:
In a video posted to his Twitter account on Sunday, People's Party of Canada leader Maxime Bernier said he won't get a COVID-19 vaccine. He argued that he's healthy and relatively young and would face a low risk of death if he became infected.

"I'm 58 years old. I believe I'm in good shape," Bernier said in the video.
Quote:
Even though vaccines offer good protection against the virus, Bowdish said people with compromised immune systems face severe side effects if they're infected. She also said getting vaccinated can help protect children under 12 who are not yet eligible for a vaccine.
"We have a collective responsibility to get vaccinated and protect them," she said in an email.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/max...127821?cmp=rss

If this moron can't even understand that, how does he expect to lead a country? Go away, you ####er. Thanks for spreading your selfishness and giving others the leadership to follow. ####.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:04 PM   #4337
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, now would be a pretty good time for Trudeau to implement a vaccination or stringent testing and muzzling masking policy for the HOC and government offices.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:12 PM   #4338
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Texas GOP Official Mocked COVID Five Days Before He Died of Virus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scot...-died-of-virus

Quote:
H. Scott Apley’s Facebook page was filled with anti-mask, anti-vaccine content until he was suddenly hospitalized on Sunday.

A GOP official from Texas who regularly espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask views online has died from COVID-19, five days after posting a meme on Facebook questioning the wisdom of getting inoculated against COVID.

Dickinson City Council member and Galveston County Republican Party chair H. Scott Apley, 45, died in a local hospital around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to a GoFundMe page set up to help Apley’s family with expenses. He was admitted to the facility in Galveston on Sunday with “pneumonia-like symptoms,” and was hooked up to a ventilator as his condition worsened. His wife was also infected, the family said.

“He leaves behind his wife, Melissa, who is COVID positive, as well as their infant son Reid,” according to the fundraiser, which has so far raised almost $15,000 of its $30,000 goal. “Your donations are greatly appreciated and will help the family as they get through this difficult period.”

“My heart is beyond broken for his family,” Dickinson Mayor Sean Skipworth wrote in a Facebook post. “Scott was a new father and that makes this loss especially tragic.”

Texas Republican Party Chairman Matt Rinaldi said in a statement, “Please join me in lifting the Apley family up in prayer. We will miss Scott deeply but find comfort knowing he is at peace in the arms of our Savior.” The announcement did not mention the fact that Apley’s death was COVID-related.

Apley is a staunch conservative and devout Christian. But based on his social media activity, Apley didn’t believe COVID was going to affect him or his family.
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:19 PM   #4339
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can think of dozens of places I’d far rather donate to than that fundraiser.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2021, 10:40 PM   #4340
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza View Post
texas gop official mocked covid five days before he died of virus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scot...-died-of-virus

https://twitter.com/user/status/1423003892720316418
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote