Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2024, 10:52 PM   #6961
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
A fair point my buddy made was "Am I supposed to be upset because the billionaire got beat up by his employees?"
Maybe see where it goes? Pretty amazing that he went this far, and is again keeping them going in the media. NFL ran a story about Wendesdays “attack” which is pretty incredible.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:46 PM   #6962
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
A fair point my buddy made was "Am I supposed to be upset because the billionaire got beat up by his employees?"
Or rather how come nobody came out to stop the attack? When Austin went after Vince he was often arrested, or at least confronted by someone. I'm guessing that's the ruse to put Omega in an authority position... or maybe Bucks attack him as well, but I'm guessing it'll be the former.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:45 AM   #6963
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Dom Mysterio is out for 9 months for Tommy John surgery, The WWE is being hit hard with the injury bug with Rhea Ripley and Seth Rollins out long term.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:51 AM   #6964
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Dom Mysterio is out for 9 months for Tommy John surgery, The WWE is being hit hard with the injury bug with Rhea Ripley and Seth Rollins out long term.
It will be interesting to see how they continue to push new stars.

Opens up some room to introduce people like Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, and Ilja Dragunov in more of a higher profile.

They will continue to push Drew, Cody, Jey Uso, CM Punk (should be back soon), Damian Priest.

And will probably elevate guys like Owens, Solo, Finn Balor as well.

And as good as the Judgement Day has been it was getting a bit stale - this will force them to change it up now.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2024, 08:53 AM   #6965
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
One thing i havent figured out with Seth, is did he have his surgery, recover for Wrestlemania and then re-injure and need surgery again? or did he kayfabe the first surgery and wrestle injured at Wrestlemania knowing he was integral to the Cody story, then finally decide to take proper time off and get the surgery done?

Either way, it is too bad the injuries are piling up, at least this might help some now stars emerge. I wonder who the next wave of main eventers will be that benefit from the extra screentime in Rhea's, Roman's and Seth's absense.
HitterD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 11:36 AM   #6966
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
It will be interesting to see how they continue to push new stars.

Opens up some room to introduce people like Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, and Ilja Dragunov in more of a higher profile.

They will continue to push Drew, Cody, Jey Uso, CM Punk (should be back soon), Damian Priest.

And will probably elevate guys like Owens, Solo, Finn Balor as well.

And as good as the Judgement Day has been it was getting a bit stale - this will force them to change it up now.

I thought that once Rhea really exploded on the scene that they would move her on from the judgement day, but her chemistry with them was undeniable.

I really do like Priest, and I've liked him more since I saw some behind the scenes interviews with them.

Dragunov is on the way up, the draft could be interesting this year. In the woman's division, Cora Jade probably would have been moved to a main roster sport if not for injury issues. I have a feeling that Roxanne Perez will make her way up in a little bit.

I really really like Tiffany Stratton as that future piece. Alexa Bliss is due to make a return, I'm a fan of Alexa and especially her mic work, but I don't think she's coming back as the impact player that she was even prior to the Bray Wyatt stuff. But she can work, and she tends to make matches interesting and she's a natural heat getting.

But with her having a family now, I doubt she's do the same work rate.

Old 04-26-2024, 11:38 AM   #6967
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitterD View Post
One thing i havent figured out with Seth, is did he have his surgery, recover for Wrestlemania and then re-injure and need surgery again? or did he kayfabe the first surgery and wrestle injured at Wrestlemania knowing he was integral to the Cody story, then finally decide to take proper time off and get the surgery done?

Either way, it is too bad the injuries are piling up, at least this might help some now stars emerge. I wonder who the next wave of main eventers will be that benefit from the extra screentime in Rhea's, Roman's and Seth's absense.

As much as I haven't really liked Seth's character that much. I've always respected his work rate, and effort, and that he's good enough at what he does to make things interesting. I also think that the Seth Punk think is part Kayfabe because both of those guys know how to build heat to make money and we'll see them collide.

But for Seth he's not getting any younger, and he's had multiple really bad knee injuries, and as much as HHH is a different guy then Vince, HHH might have trust issues with giving a guy the gall that has chronic knee issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2024, 12:02 PM   #6968
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Didn't they just re-sign Finn Balor? Maybe they can make him a main eventer. Sami Zayn seems like Daniel Bryan-type personality so maybe him too.

I can't really see any who can immediately step up to that slot. That's a bit of a shame.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:14 PM   #6969
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Didn't they just re-sign Finn Balor? Maybe they can make him a main eventer. Sami Zayn seems like Daniel Bryan-type personality so maybe him too.

I can't really see any who can immediately step up to that slot. That's a bit of a shame.
On the heel side, i can see Gunther taking a big role going forward. I agree the Sami, and likely Jey Uso, as well as LA knight are the next crop of big babyfaces.
HitterD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:59 PM   #6970
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Dragunov is on the way up, the draft could be interesting this year.
Man, I just do not see the appeal to Dragunov. I have really hard time seeing him get over on the main roster.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:59 PM   #6971
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1783897037303624111

Dom saying he won't need surgery. Whew.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1783942986226712943

What the ####. lol

Last edited by mile; 04-26-2024 at 02:34 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 03:52 PM   #6972
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

He's such a tool.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 03:57 PM   #6973
rubecube
Franchise Player