Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2018, 09:39 PM   #61
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Kid Rock was the best you could do, NHL?

Seems like it would have been better off to just cancel the music entertainment
The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Hendog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #62
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
Lol
Duffalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #63
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just want to say that there's no effing way Fleury or Quick should be there ahead of Mike Smith who's been the best goalie in the division BY FAR.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #64
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Kid Rock was the best you could do, NHL?

I wonder if we'll get the uncut version... worked well with Snoop Dogg last year in LA:

tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #65
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Fan reaction going about as you'd expect

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/953418084991238144
The NHL Musical Division: "F***ing things up since inception!"

I wonder how many gigs Kid Rock had to turn down for this one. I'm sure the Entertainment industry was just pounding his door down...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #66
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Just want to say that there's no effing way Fleury or Quick should be there ahead of Mike Smith who's been the best goalie in the division BY FAR.
Agree, but fleury being there is good for the game, and I am glad Smith is not there frankly. He will need the rest.
Duffalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:32 PM   #67
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Quick has only one less win than Smith and has a better GAA, SV% and one more shut out
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:09 AM   #68
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They did. They hired Kid Rock instead.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:13 AM   #69
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I feel like that with every type of intermission/halftime show. They're all just awful.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #70
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always find it entertaining to watch people complain about half time shows or intermission entertainment or whatever. The hate is probably fueled by his support of Trump, but the twitter replies are pretty funny.

The only intermission entertainment I recall even being interested in was Metric at the heritage classic.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #71
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I always find it entertaining to watch people complain about half time shows or intermission entertainment or whatever. The hate is probably fueled by his support of Trump, but the twitter replies are pretty funny.

The only intermission entertainment I recall even being interested in was Metric at the heritage classic.
He's a Trump supporter, yes (and originally Ben Carson!), but that's icing on the cake. He's terrible musically and is a terrible person.

Plus he's from Michigan. Could they not have found a Floridian act? There's plenty.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #72
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just saying that I hear people complain about the music selected every year. This year probably a little more, but some people in those twitter replies are really upset.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #73
rage2
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
He's a Trump supporter, yes (and originally Ben Carson!), but that's icing on the cake. He's terrible musically and is a terrible person.

Plus he's from Michigan. Could they not have found a Floridian act? There's plenty.
While his music isn't for everyone, can't argue that he's pretty gifted musically, successful in multiple genres, and plays literally every single instrument. I've partied with him before, the most down to earth celebrity I've hung out with, and I'm Asian so that throws the racist card out the window. The guy started out as a Detroit rapper, no clue how he can be racist and survive that scene. Just because he supports Trump, social media's going to warp everyone's perception of the guy.

I'd rather Kid Rock, who's a genuine hockey fan play than some big name musician who doesn't give a crap about the game.

Quote:
I'm just saying that I hear people complain about the music selected every year. This year probably a little more, but some people in those twitter replies are really upset.
That's the problem with Twitter, it's a vocal minority of SJW's that wants to speak for everyone else who has better things to do than to rant on twitter.
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rage2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #74
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:

I think the backlash is more because Kid Rock's 15 minutes of fame ended about 15 years ago.

They might as well bring in Limp Bizkit to play.

I agree about Metric though. Only band I've ever seen live or on TV at a sporting event that I was more interested in after the show than I was before.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 10:29 AM   #75
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
While his music isn't for everyone, can't argue that he's pretty gifted musically, successful in multiple genres, and plays literally every single instrument. I've partied with him before, the most down to earth celebrity I've hung out with, and I'm Asian so that throws the racist card out the window. The guy started out as a Detroit rapper, no clue how he can be racist and survive that scene. Just because he supports Trump, social media's going to warp everyone's perception of the guy.

I'd rather Kid Rock, who's a genuine hockey fan play than some big name musician who doesn't give a crap about the game.

That's the problem with Twitter, it's a vocal minority of SJW's that wants to speak for everyone else who has better things to do than to rant on twitter.
Partying with an Asian person once precludes any possibility of racism?
Old 01-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #76
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

I dont personally have anything against Kid Rock, but as Cecil says, hes a bit....not old, but in the past.

The All-Star game is where families bring their kids and where the League tries to grow the game through that experience, anyone under the age of 17 is going to say:

"Who is that?"

Nothing to do with the man himself or his music.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #77
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Thank god... it’s only complaining about kid rock by a bunch of hens..

Thought for a second there was something wrong with Gaudreau due to all the thread activity.

Relieved!
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IgiTang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #78
rage2
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Partying with an Asian person once precludes any possibility of racism?
I'm sure I'm not the only one, unless of course it's his master plan because he knew that one day I was going to defend him on a hockey forum.
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #79
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

How many adults actually watch the all-star game? This isn't the Superbowl. You can't expect them to shill out for an A-level stage show.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #80
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
How many adults actually watch the all-star game? This isn't the Superbowl. You can't expect them to shill out for an A-level stage show.
How many kids listen to Kid Rock? Forget about demographics for a second, how many people does Kid Rock appeal to? Enough to entice fans or non-fans to watch the All-Star game? Not bloody likely!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote