Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #261
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Wow.....good stuff guys. Way more than I expected.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #262
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

Some cool psychedelic/space rock - 35007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KGqY5y7Avs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPv9dPCKYAw
Shnabdabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #263
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Good evening all (or morning, or afternoon!)

My band, Sacred Ally, just released a home-made video of our song, High Seas. Our singer, Vern, spend many hours slaving away at it so I'm hoping some of you would check it out and better yet, enjoy it!

Thanks

jayocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #264
cesspoolx
Draft Pick

Sacred ally rocks much ing socks off!

ps buy our merch
Old 11-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #265
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesspoolx View Post
Sacred ally rocks much ing socks off!

ps buy our merch

Careful bro, you may get a blue square like mine....I think it means that I'm no good at the internetz!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #266
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/ar....html?ref=arts

"Chi Cheng, the bassist for the Sacramento hard-rock band Deftones, was injured on Monday in a car crash in Santa Clara, Calif., that has left him comatose, The Sacramento Bee reported"
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #267
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayocal View Post
Careful bro, you may get a blue square like mine....I think it means that I'm no good at the internetz!!
Do one for Final Juggernaut next.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #268
spydermal
Scoring Winger

Exp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3rnIHKBI4 (dont know how to embed but its a band called volbeat.)
Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #269
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Curious, anyone have an opinion on Verbal Deception? They're from Calgary, right? Their stuff isn't too bad at all, although I am still trying to figure out where pirate metal came from. I'm probably just old. Either way, I get "The Temptress" stuck in my head a lot.

Last edited by ResAlien; 11-06-2008 at 07:18 PM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #270
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermal View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3rnIHKBI4 (dont know how to embed but its a band called volbeat.)

Pretty simple, straight forward band. The vocals remind me of Life of Agony!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #271
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Curious, anyone have an opinion on Verbal Deception? They're from Calgary, right? Their stuff isn't too bad at all, although I am still trying to figure out where pirate metal came from. I'm probably just old. Either way, I get "The Temptress" stuck in my head a lot.

You bet, they are a Calgary band. We were fortunate enough to play a couple of shows with them! Calgary has a lot of great metal bands and musicians.

I'm not sure where "pirate metal" came from. To tell you the truth, I haven't heard of it until Verbal D! Maybe they invented it??!

I like them. Some of their riffs get stuck in my head too! They are also really good to see live.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #272
Sittler
Backup Goalie

Exp:

The soon-to-be-released Kreator - Hordes of Chaos, is old-school, melodic Thrash at its finest. And the cover is classic Kreator, comic-book Metal as well. Pure awesomeness.
Sittler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #273
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler View Post
The soon-to-be-released Kreator - Hordes of Chaos, is old-school, melodic Thrash at its finest. And the cover is classic Kreator, comic-book Metal as well. Pure awesomeness.
Yeah, it's definitely a good release by them. You know what you'll be hearing if you've heard anything by them.

The upcoming Napalm Death is solid as well.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #274
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This should be a rad show. Oh and Bravado will be playing instead of stormchoir.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #275
dcmort93
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlayoffs06 View Post
Dimmu Borgir - Puritania from Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

One of my favorite black metal bands. Dimmu Borgir has a thick, heavy sound that is often juxtaposed with seemingly out of place instruments like chimes and music boxes to give them an eerie twist. The vocals stretch from deep and gravelly, to electronically distroted to clear and beautiful, similar to Burton C. Bell of Fear Factory.
DUDE Dimmu Borgir are BEAST
another good black metal band is Old Man's Child. Their guitarist is also one of the guitarists for Dimmu Borgir and Dimmu is a great example of symphonic black metal
dcmort93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #276
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

well it's still early, but Lamb of God's new album Wrath has to be the front runner for album of the year. i've never been a real big fan of theirs, but that may change now. In Your Words is such an awesome song
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #277
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
well it's still early, but Lamb of God's new album Wrath has to be the front runner for album of the year. i've never been a real big fan of theirs, but that may change now. In Your Words is such an awesome song
Right now I'd sad the new Absu album is the leader for me, followed by the new (upcomming) Mastodon.

This year is going to be an awesome year for metal releases. These bands are all expected to have albums this year:
Acheron, Acid Witch, Ahab, Amorphis, Anaal Nathrakh, Anata, Artillery, Atheist, Augury, Avulsed, Behemoth, Belphegor, Benediction, Bornkagar, Circle of Dead Children, Darkthrone, Decrepit Birth, Deicide, Devin Townsned (THREE RELEASES), Finntroll, Forbidden, Heathen, High on Fire, Hypocrisy, Illdisposed, Iron Maiden, Isole, Kalmah, Korpiklaani, Månegarm, Megadeth, Melechesh, Municipal Waste, Necrophagist, Nile, Novembers Doom, Obituary, Old Man's Child, Shining, Sigh, Slayer, Suffocation, Swallow the Sun, Thanatos, The Project Hate MCMXCIX, To-Mera, Vader, Wintersun.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #278
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Right now I'd sad the new Absu album is the leader for me, followed by the new (upcomming) Mastodon.

This year is going to be an awesome year for metal releases. These bands are all expected to have albums this year:
Acheron, Acid Witch, Ahab, Amorphis, Anaal Nathrakh, Anata, Artillery, Atheist, Augury, Avulsed, Behemoth, Belphegor, Benediction, Bornkagar, Circle of Dead Children, Darkthrone, Decrepit Birth, Deicide, Devin Townsned (THREE RELEASES), Finntroll, Forbidden, Heathen, High on Fire, Hypocrisy, Illdisposed, Iron Maiden, Isole, Kalmah, Korpiklaani, Månegarm, Megadeth, Melechesh, Municipal Waste, Necrophagist, Nile, Novembers Doom, Obituary, Old Man's Child, Shining, Sigh, Slayer, Suffocation, Swallow the Sun, Thanatos, The Project Hate MCMXCIX, To-Mera, Vader, Wintersun.
ooo, Amorphis. hope they'll go for more of a sound following Eclipse, i wasn't too much a fan of Silent Waters
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #279
dcmort93
Draft Pick

Old man's child is getting back together
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
and Slayer Damn this is gonna be a good year

oh and anyone have any clue what is up with Old Man's Child's website cause i cant get to it
dcmort93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #280
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

Yes, definitely a great list of bands here!! I'm most excited about the new Devin Townsend and Necrophagist releases!!

Also, I'd like to add that Sacred Ally will be releasing a full-length this spring/summer (drum tracks are complete)