Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2018, 11:15 AM   #141
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally just caught up on the new season and the last two episodes were excellent. Ghouli was great and it was a great integration of William. The Forehead Sweat one was a fantastic, bizarre and silly episode. I almost turned it off before finishing it but I'm happy I watched the whole thing because it was hilarious at the end.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #142
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed Ghouli as well. It was obviously inspired by the "Slenderman" story, especially the first few scenes. When it started veering into alien conspiracy/William territory, my initial thought was "please don't".

But surprisingly it ended up being one of the better episodes so far, and I liked how they integrated William's story into the monster-of-the-week style plot. Excellent performance from Gillian Anderson as well.

Spoiler!

Last edited by direwolf; 02-03-2018 at 12:09 PM.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #143
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I enjoyed Ghouli as well. It was obviously inspired by the "Slenderman" story, especially the first few scenes. When it started veering into alien conspiracy/William territory, my initial thought was "please don't".

But surprisingly it ended up being one of the better episodes so far, and I liked how they integrated William's story into the monster-of-the-week style plot. Excellent performance from Gillian Anderson as well.

Spoiler!
If this is the end for Anderson I would imagine a meeting between Scully and William would be a neccesary component of the last episode.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #144
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty good episode last night. I liked the focus on Skinner, and it was cool to finally learn more about his back story.

Weird seeing Haley Joel Osment. I almost didn't recognize him. Seemed like the guy kinda dropped off the face of the earth after his childhood success. I checked out his IMDB page and it turns out he's been doing a lot of video game/voice work over the years, and he's had bit parts in recent shows like Future Man and Silicon Valley. Who knew?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:19 PM   #145
iggyformayor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What. The. ####.
iggyformayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:31 AM   #146
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes! That's exactly the kind of weird, gory, f***ed up X-Files I enjoy the most. That was fun. Ever since Hannibal upped the ante in terms of violence and gore, it's amazing what they can get away with on network TV these days.

Finally got caught up on last week's episode as well, which was also quite good. Apparently they're returning to the alien conspiracy arc for next week's finale, which I'm not really looking forward to. The stand alone monster-of-the-week stories have been far superior.

Gillian Anderson is reportedly leaving after this year, and there's no official word yet on whether this will be the last season. Chris Carter hinted recently that the show could still continue without Anderson:

http://tvline.com/2018/02/06/the-x-f...-chris-carter/

Honestly, it feels like the show has finally got its mojo back over these last few episodes. If they end it, that's cool. But I actually wouldn't mind seeing it continue with Mulder being paired up with a new partner, or maybe even new characters altogether. I saw an interview with Duchovny a couple weeks ago and it sounds like he's still having fun playing the character, so who knows.

Last edited by direwolf; 03-15-2018 at 12:39 AM.