Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #1421
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
They killed all interest for me with no new raid content.

I've been playing mmo since the launch of dark age of Camelot so I'm accustomed to the gear treadmill. Unfortunately instead of gearing for "new" content and encounters I have to re-gear for the same encounters I've already cleared dozens of times.

I did notice some shader improvements with 5.0 though, I'm trying to finish off the chapters so I can cancel my sub.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Spoiler!

From what I understand from their developers this year is all about adding PVP stuff, operations and warzones etc. In their 5.1 update they added 4 uprisings as well.

Some people are really not happy about the changes to the Galactic command system and gaining new armor through the dropping of unassembled components.

For me right now, I'm going to finish running my final four characters through the end of the storylines and get their armor and wealth maxed up, then I'll probably drop from subscribed to Perferred until something comes along that interests me.

I've really enjoyed the game a lot, and gotten what I think is a ton of value from it. I've been a subscriber pretty much from day one and I'm not sorry for that.

But I've never been a big PVP guy at all so operations and raiding don't really do much for me.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 01-26-2017 at 02:18 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #1422
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I started as a massive pvp guy, but when my guild needed some dps on the fly I got dragged into ops. This was when explosive conflict hit....then almost all pve from there haha
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:41 AM   #1423
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Next major update in the Spring has a new Op with one boss, they will gradually add more bosses to it, it's not much, but it's something...finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #1424
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Next major update in the Spring has a new Op with one boss, they will gradually add more bosses to it, it's not much, but it's something...finally.

I stand by the too little to late train of thought. I may get back into more pvp as a few old timers are back into that at the moment.

Not sure how annihilation marauders fairs these days. But it's fun to play regardless. I do miss 1v4'ing like I could around launch but meh all OP things must come to an end.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #1425
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm nearly finished running my 4th character through TOTET. For the other characters, my gunslinger, my Inquisitor and Intelligence agent, I saved Senya and recruited Arcane. I let Scorpio upload herself into Iokath, and let Koth go into hiding. I also declared the eternal alliance as a peace keeping force.

With my Sith Warrior, I had made him a complete darksider. So I went after Arcane and killed Senya. It was actually a really sad death as she asked to speak to Valkorian and they sand to each other as she died. Then I got the Grave Stone back and executed Koth, another kind of sad ending when he said simply "Good bye Lana" before I rammed my light sabers through his guts. I denied Scorpio her immortality by killing her as well cause she kept betraying me. She desperately dove to the control panel to upload herself but I didn't let her. In the other characters I saved Vette and sacrificed Torian, but this time I sacrificed Vette, which was infinetly sadder because I had married her in the personal story.

The fight against Valkorian was a lot harder without Arcane there to help me. Then I made a speech declaring the Eternal Empire and that the Republic and Empire would be destroyed if they disrupted the peace.

It was such a different feeling in the end. For the character, I had killed or sacrificed everything for power and to impose my idea of order on the galaxy. For the rest of the galaxy they had replaced two oppressive leaders in Vailyn and Arcane and the former Emperor with someone who was probably more evil and more oppressive and the galaxy was being left in darkness.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:53 PM   #1426
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Just finished Kotet with my light side sith warrior, wasn't too bad. Although rumor has it that Malgus may be returning in some capacity, but that could just be Bioware toying with the Dataminers.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #1427
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Personally I think that Malgus is dead, they even changed the ending of his flashpoint, when the game first came out you had to push him off the edge and he plummeted to the ground miles below. Then they redid it and when you kill him you see a body.

Personally I think that the guy that needs to return is Darth Jadus who was a very nasty piece of work and ended up either exiled from the Empire, or as the ruler of it depending on your decision in the Sith Intelligence Agent story.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:12 AM   #1428
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Yes Jadus was the highlight of operatives story for sure. I would love to see someone come in and knock Acina off.

Also with Malgus, when fallen empire was first announced Thexan and Arcann were supposed to present Malgus in Carbonite to Valkorian/Vitiate. I just feel they really wasted the potential of the Malgus character. Besides if Kephess can return why not?

I want my Jaesa back dammit...through the story.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #1429
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
Yes Jadus was the highlight of operatives story for sure. I would love to see someone come in and knock Acina off.

Also with Malgus, when fallen empire was first announced Thexan and Arcann were supposed to present Malgus in Carbonite to Valkorian/Vitiate. I just feel they really wasted the potential of the Malgus character. Besides if Kephess can return why not?

I want my Jaesa back dammit...through the story.
LOL I love the Kephess line btw.

I guess we killed off Saresh or however you spelt it, so Acina would be a natural target.

What I like about this game is when it comes to the Republic and the Empire, its never been black and white. The Republic hasn't been a beacon of light, they've done some pretty scummy things. The Empire hasn't been entirely evil.

I wish they would have run the scene with the presentation of Malgus.

I don't doubt that both sides are going to try to get rid of the eternal empire as well and return to war. One of the rumors that I heard is that in terms of the choices matter mantra that you'll be able to pick your side whether its the empire or the Republic as well.

I always thought that going back to Darth Jadus that he would be the guy to revive the Star Cabal which the agent destroyed suppossedly, but out of all the story lines, the Agent story line didn't really have a final entry where the enemy was completely destroyed.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #1430
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

New patch today brings a 350% CXP boost, it will go down to 250% at the next patch, event runs into April.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #1431
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
New patch today brings a 350% CXP boost, it will go down to 250% at the next patch, event runs into April.
Yeah I saw that today, at least it will make getting command boxes a lot quicker, which I don't mind. I just want to get my dudes to level three.

So killing a champion goes from 20 points to 70 points. Finishing a daily that normally awards 450 is now 1575.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #1432
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah I saw that today, at least it will make getting command boxes a lot quicker, which I don't mind. I just want to get my dudes to level three.

So killing a champion goes from 20 points to 70 points. Finishing a daily that normally awards 450 is now 1575.
Depending on how many medals you get in PVP, if your side wins, etc, they could be awarding close to 3K per match.

If you run the first chapter on KOTET on Master mode, I heard it awards 1500K without the bonus applied.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #1433
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

yeah, I tried Master mode, there was no soloing that one.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:50 AM   #1434
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
yeah, I tried Master mode, there was no soloing that one.

I was reading it can be done in 6 minutes with a stealth toon, but if I recall, you take a walker in that chapter? I might give it a go but the repair bills might be a bit much.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #1435
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah the Walker part would get you shredded especially with the rocket launcher dudes. I actually really like the Walker part, shoot a gravity mine into the middle of a group and then walk over and stomp them all to death. Its the little things.

I haven't done any of the uprisings yet, but they're in story mode worth pretty massive points. But I don't think you can solo them.

Just doing dailys last night, I ran three planets, Belsavis, Corellia and CZ-198 and went from level 1 11 to 16.

The biggest problem with the drops is I get a whole ton of ear pieces, I don't need earpieces.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #1436
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah the Walker part would get you shredded especially with the rocket launcher dudes. I actually really like the Walker part, shoot a gravity mine into the middle of a group and then walk over and stomp them all to death. Its the little things.

I haven't done any of the uprisings yet, but they're in story mode worth pretty massive points. But I don't think you can solo them.

Just doing dailys last night, I ran three planets, Belsavis, Corellia and CZ-198 and went from level 1 11 to 16.

The biggest problem with the drops is I get a whole ton of ear pieces, I don't need earpieces.
Some of the drops are awful, Rishi reputation items? ughhh c'mon
Old 02-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #1437
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I end up disintegrating more items then I keep, and that's the frustrating thing. Honestly they should just remove reputation items and replace them with something like chance cubes, same with crafting materials.

I'm at the point now where I've run 4 characters through to the end of the KOTET my agent, a smuggler, a Sith Inquisitor and a Sith Warrior.

I'm going to spend some time grinding up their armor and their companion affections. Then I'll run through my other 4 characters Knight Consulor Trooper and Bounty Hunter, and then see what the next upgrade does which I understand is a return to the robot world. But as much as I like the game and I do like it, it will probably be that point of moving on.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #1438
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm hanging around until ME Andromeda drops, then taking a break from TOR, pick it up again later and see what is different

The Following User Says Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #1439
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I will only play ME if I can romance a Reaper

Captain me - "Hey Sovereign how are you"

Sovereign - "I am functioning within my parameters"

Captain - "I'm just asking because you look kind of down"

Sovereign - "You cannot grasp the nature of my emotions"

Captain - "Hey hey hey, look I'm just here to help, your part of my crew and I care about you, maybe we can talk about it over a drink"

Sovereign - "You are just trying to force your biological urges on me, this exchange is over

Captain - "Come on now, its just a drink, in my cabin and you'll feel better"

Sovereign - "We estimate that it cannot harm us to have one drink"

Later we see the door to the Captains Cabin

Captain voice - "Wait a minute is this a Vi interface"
Sovereign - "Rudimentary creature of flesh and blood, you touch my exoshell fumbling in ignorance, incapable of thinking of anything but your own pleasure"
Captains voice - "Hmm definately not a VI, how about this
Sovereign - "I can see your human god"

The next day the Captain walks into the mess and see's Sovereign stirring a coffee

Captain - "Yeah about last night"
Sovereign - "I have deleted the data, nothing happened"
Captain - "That's for the best, how about a drink tonight"

Old 02-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #1440
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Geezus Captain, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post: