Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2024, 10:38 AM   #2161
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, the only problem with that is the limited storage on the Legion Go. Unless streaming games gets a lot better, it's not really feasible if you want to have more than one or two AAA games available to play at any time.
People are installing 2TB drives plus an SD card Slot so its quite a bit of space but they could also have limited space for "on the go" and the dock/base has its own storage. I'm sure this is just a pipe dream as the cost would be pretty high but making an affordable base model and then allowing for easy upgrade like storage etc could be possible.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:31 AM   #2162
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Yeah, Microsoft had to admit in the court filings that Game Pass was killing purchases. It's not surprising of course.

I haven't purchased anything on Xbox in years either. Nevermind the lack of exclusives but it just doesn't even feel good when you think about a potential purchase and remember that there is a game pass.

"You'll own nothing and be happy."
Do you buy blu-rays of every movie and tv show you watch, or still buy physical CD's for all the music you listen to? Gaming seems to be the last medium where a segment of the fans really want to hang on to a traditional library.

Everything is going to streaming and subscrpition, its inevitable. Most people don't care too much about owning a copy of the media, they consume it and move on to the next thing.

I don't even game these days so I recognize I'm totally a casual in this space now -- but subscriptions would not bother me one bit.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994

Last edited by Igottago; 04-12-2024 at 11:33 AM.
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote