Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-21-2018, 03:11 PM   #41
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

At my local Orange Julius I overheard some rumblings that one of the users on this forum is getting his own show and will no longer be posting here.
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hey Connor, It's Mess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #42
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Fan 960 trademarked "Edmonton is No Good"...
Take that Calgary Puck!
Old 12-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #43
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
The only annoying thing was Francis calling Brayden Point a superstar.
I know! Everyone knows hes a Generational Player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
At my local Orange Julius I overheard some rumblings that one of the users on this forum is getting his own show and will no longer be posting here.
I categorically deny that allegation!

Largely because if true it certainly is not me.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #44
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Changes to Fan 960 in new year "take that Calgary Puck"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopChed View Post
Yikes, without Boomer I probably wouldn't listen to the fan at all.

His on-air personality is atrocious...He treats it like “It’s Boomer’s World...we are just living in it.”

Without Pinder on the morning show, it is being carried by Stephen Brunt, Brian Burke, Elliott Friedman, and Jason La Canfora...Take those guests off the show and you would get better sports insight on AMP Radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #45
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boomer has his moments. My issue with him is that he’s a hockey guy not a real sports guy like Pinder, Steinberg, etc. He has nothing to offer in any non-NHL discussion.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #46
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
That was a little annoying, but whatever. Francis can get irritating with some of his over-the-top takes and occasional baseless speculations. But honestly, he's not a bad intermission analyst.
Francis' takes remind me of Mike Myers' character in Mystery, Alaska.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #47
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm going to bet Cassie Campbell starts working the game broadcasts
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #48
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In the lineup I heard the new segment would be the Neal and Smith show Ala the Bo show. Where they can read cp threads and bash the posters.Bennett will probably stop by every once and awhile.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #49
haiku
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
They've hired MrMastodonFarm to replace Rob Kerr on The Big Show.
program director
he hired; jiri fired
tables how they turn
haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:57 PM   #50
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eric Francis on anything = Pee Break...
Old 12-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #51
Spinach
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Which puck from Calgary do they want their listeners to take?
Spinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #52
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
I'm going to bet Cassie Campbell starts working the game broadcasts
Actually disliking her less and less as we go on. She definitely seems to be improving
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #53
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Let me guess. Is it Mess?
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #54
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

I lost pretty much all respect for Pinder in the last 4 months. He's a know it all fraud and a complete joke to me now. I can't stand to listen to him constantly pick things apart like the annoying prick he is. I believe he was canned as the Abbotsford Heat's play by play guy for a reason.

He's a caustic ass-kissing suckup who lacks the intelligence to generate the kind of actual discussional diplomacy that creates captivating conversations. Boomer and Rhett figured out how to push his buttons, which is the only time things would seem real. In the afternoon he repeatedly proves what a doormat Steinberg is.

Will Neault can't enunciate and has analysis void of insight. He was calling for Brodie to be a healthy scratch earlier in the year when he was struggling. Hot take there Bud... really scraping the barrel of the simpleton's storage of easy analysis. He should stick to production and have nothing to do with contributions to the dialogue.

Matt Rose and Peter Klein bring way more to the table than that marble mouth.

Steinberg is just currency. He fills a role but rarely provides actual insightful value.

I've quit listening to them in the morning because it's the same tired schtick. This week Boomer was telling a REPEAT story about him chastising a guy at Costco. How pathetic is it that he can't even come up with NEW Costco experiences... to say nothing about actually sports analysis.

Kerr quit because they wanted him to be an expert in fantasy football. If there's one thing about Francis, who is just an enigma that generates dumb takes that riles people up, its that he went off on Will one morning about how NOBODY CARES about their fantasy football leagues. Yet they talk about them ad nauseam.

I'm fine with keeping Rome because at least he doesn't wade into the moronic depths of discussing his fantasy football league like the afternoon clowns.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #55
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are changing formats to all polka all the time.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #56
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobles_point View Post
I lost pretty much all respect for Pinder in the last 4 months. He's a know it all fraud and a complete joke to me now. I can't stand to listen to him constantly pick things apart like the annoying prick he is. I believe he was canned as the Abbotsford Heat's play by play guy for a reason.

He's a caustic ass-kissing suckup who lacks the intelligence to generate the kind of actual discussional diplomacy that creates captivating conversations. Boomer and Rhett figured out how to push his buttons, which is the only time things would seem real. In the afternoon he repeatedly proves what a doormat Steinberg is.

Will Neault can't enunciate and has analysis void of insight. He was calling for Brodie to be a healthy scratch earlier in the year when he was struggling. Hot take there Bud... really scraping the barrel of the simpleton's storage of easy analysis. He should stick to production and have nothing to do with contributions to the dialogue.

Steinberg is just currency. He fills a role but rarely provides actual insightful value.

I've quit listening to them in the morning because it's the same tired schtick. This week Boomer was telling a REPEAT story about him chastising a guy at Costco. How pathetic is it that he can't even come up with NEW Costco experiences... to say nothing about actually sports analysis.

Kerr quit because they wanted him to be an expert in fantasy football. If there's one thing about Francis, who is just an enigma that generates dumb takes that riles people up, its that he went off on Will one morning about how NOBODY CARES about their fantasy football leagues. Yet they talk about them ad nauseam.

I'm fine with keeping Rome because at least he doesn't wade into the moronic depths of discussing his fantasy football league like the afternoon clowns.
This post proves to me how opposite our tastes in radio shows can be and why there will never be a true consensus for quality of programming.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #57
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobles_point View Post

You seem way too invested in the Fan 960.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #58
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Peter Klein got the morning show position and they are trying to do a mid day show to get rid of Rome.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #59
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Without reading this thread or knowing any context, this means war.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 05:15 PM   #60
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:
Knights

Everything about the fan right now is just so mediocre. It's Really hard to get excited about anyone on there. Rhett was good for a while, Pinder was fine to hate on for a couple months, Steinberg was a plucky young guy that you hoped would mature into something more interesting. I listen to brunt of friedman but it's just hard to believe that, in an age where you can tailor talk programming and select from the most interesting and hard working people, their listenership isn't taking a massive hit.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Major For This Useful Post: