Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 01-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #21
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoever wins it will probably screw up the skill testing question anyway. Oh it's BEDMAS I thought it was DEMBAS! Fuuuuu
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #22
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
It's happened twice in the past ten years, but it's "never happening" again?
Sorry, should have made that clear, the Flames will never have another player score five goals in a single game.

Last edited by driveway; 01-12-2017 at 06:30 PM.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #23
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Monahan next season against Vegas
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #24
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

McDavid.

Next time he plays the Flames. Day after tomorrow.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #25
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I know for the Oilers the only time I Remember anyone coming close was Gagner with that 8 point night... But that game was on TSN so it wouldn't have got a winner I imagine.

Would suck to have your name come up as the potential winner and then they just not even come close.
I think I'd rather not come close than have the guy get a hat trick but realistically and painfully know he's probably not getting two more. That would be a horrible experience.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #26
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

mangiapane in his first game
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #27
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If I wanted a slim chance at a million dollars I'd go buy a lottery ticket.

If my name was chosen (it wouldn't be because I don't shop at Safeway but) I'd literally not even care and not get excited at all.

Safeway score and win is the biggest scam promotion of all time. At least make it something realistic where people can get excited about like $5,000 for a hat trick.

The insurance they pay to insure the one million dollar win would probably be more than the 2 or three times they'd have to pay out for a Flames hat trick. Instead we have this garbage promotion for what seems like an eternity.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #28
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Johnny Gaudreau will be the next Flame to score five goals in a game.

Johnny will then win the $1,000,000 Safeway Score and Win because he went to his local Safeway and entered by buying Compliments cheese slices.

He'll sliceez and diceez the defense. Most likely against the Oilers this Saturday.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #29
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think Rene Bourque is going to find a way to sign another 1 year deal next year. It's gonna be with the Flames and he'll score 5 goals in a game.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #30
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some day somebody will score 4 and then hit the post on an empty netter.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #31
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Some day somebody will score 4 and then hit the post on an empty netter.
While being hooked and tripped by 2 guys and the refs won't award the goal.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #32
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
I think Rene Bourque is going to find a way to sign another 1 year deal next year. It's gonna be with the Flames and he'll score 5 goals in a game.
But it'll be his only 5 goals all year
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:33 AM   #33
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
But it'll be his only 5 goals all year
That sounds more like Colborne to me.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #34
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can someone finally explain this to me? I have to be shopping at Safeway during the hockey game or something? How does one enter into this?
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:05 AM   #35
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Can someone finally explain this to me? I have to be shopping at Safeway during the hockey game or something? How does one enter into this?
All you have to do is shop there and have their rewards card or whatever they call it. Any purchase enters you in to the system for the chance to be picked to have the chance to win.

Like I said earlier, the chances of you being picked for the million dollar chance and then actually winning has to be lower than playing the lottery. Just an awful promotion.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:01 AM   #36
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

When Bennett had 4 last year this was the only thing I thought about, just get 5 make safeway pay someone out finally. I still say it will be Bennett that gets it done one day!
LouCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #37
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
If I wanted a slim chance at a million dollars I'd go buy a lottery ticket.

If my name was chosen (it wouldn't be because I don't shop at Safeway but) I'd literally not even care and not get excited at all.

Safeway score and win is the biggest scam promotion of all time. At least make it something realistic where people can get excited about like $5,000 for a hat trick.

The insurance they pay to insure the one million dollar win would probably be more than the 2 or three times they'd have to pay out for a Flames hat trick. Instead we have this garbage promotion for what seems like an eternity.
How is it a scam though? You buy groceries, the Flames score and you get things. I realise the million bucks is a longshot, but I know people who have won a trip or whatever else. I don't think its a scam just because the odds are not in your favour.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #38
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
All you have to do is shop there and have their rewards card or whatever they call it. Any purchase enters you in to the system for the chance to be picked to have the chance to win.

Like I said earlier, the chances of you being picked for the million dollar chance and then actually winning has to be lower than playing the lottery. Just an awful promotion.
Ever since Sobey's acquired them, they have done away with the rewards card. The only way I can think you actually enter score and win, is with Airmiles (correct me if I'm wrong). And I think that's a farce too. With the population Calgary has, it's always some random person with what seems like a fake name in some random small town that ''wins'' whenever the Flames score. Then again, I brought this up a while ago, but some posters here claim that they know someone who actually won, so maybe it's legit.

However it's almost like instead of picking all the name from all the entries province wide, they rotate from Safeway to Safeway in every town and pick a name that way.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 01-13-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #39
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Ever since Sobey's acquired them, they have done away with the rewards card. The only way I can think you actually enter score and win, is with Airmiles (correct me if I'm wrong). And I think that's a farce too. With the population Calgary has, it's always some random person with what seems like a fake name in some random small town that ''wins'' whenever the Flames score. Then again, I brought this up a while ago, but some posters here claim that they know someone who actually won, so maybe it's legit.

However it's almost like instead of picking all the name from all the entries province wide, they rotate from Safeway to Safeway in every town and pick a name that way.
Somebody from Lethbridge won a prize in the last game. I knew him in my youth and still run into him from time to time. He's real. The prizes are real.

I also know a couple who won... oh, maybe 15 years ago. I don't remember if it was the husband or wife who won, but once again, he's real and the prizes are real. They are from Nobleford.

No fake names. It's legit.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #40
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

My mom won a blender or something years ago when they still had the safeway club cards. Anyone know how you enter now? I always shop there since the store is across the street.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safeway , shouldpayout