Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2024, 03:47 AM   #6861
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

So not to beat a dead horse, but ratings down quite a bit this week for Dynamite. 140,000 people tuned out for the Bucks match. Basically they've gone and killed any heat Okada may have had coming into the company. Try and deny or rationalize it all you want, the two things ruining the company right now are Tony Khan and these two twirps. Maybe putting the tag belts on them will solve the problem!

Quote:
The lowest-rated segment in the 18-49 demographic was the trios match that saw Kazuchika Okada and The Young Bucks triumphant over Daniel Garcia, Penta El Cero Miedo, and PAC.

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1565692...april-17-2024/
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 03:57 AM   #6862
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Veer has also left WWE. Kinda had some cryptic words about being disrespected as an Indian (and/or his Indian coworkers).

With Jinder leaving seemingly under his own volition too, I wonder if there's something foul in WWE.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 07:04 AM   #6863
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I'm sure they don't love being pushed whenever there is a show or program they are trying to sell in India or the Middle East and then just being relegated back to Main Event when there is not.

Sounds like Jinder was just released too and didn't actually quit on his own accord.

In the end the WWE has never been a great place for minorities when it was under Vince, you hope it improves now but that remains to be seen IMO.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 07:08 AM   #6864
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting how they positioned Solo on Smackdown last night, they really are dropping some references that Solo is being led by The Rock.

The suit jacket, black shirt, with chain on top is a classic Rock look. The aggression that is reminiscent of the stuff Rock/Austin did to each other in the attitude era.

We are going to get a throw back to this promo with Solo admitting he did it all for The Rock, just like his father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTdG...4s&pp=2AEEkAIB

Pretty sure MFT will eventually be "Maivia Familt Tree" ... feel like inducting his Grandma into the HoF was always meant to have some storyline relevance at some point.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 04-20-2024 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:01 PM   #6865
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was the same as the Saudi shows with Mansoor. Remember he was featured on all those shows, and won matches against Cesaro and Ziggler. Meanwhile he did nothing the rest of the time, and was the "Where's Waldo" of the WWE lockerroom. I think WWE is past the point where they need to keep (lesser) talent on their roster in order to appease the local crowds. If they can't draw in North America, then you're not needed just for one or two shows a year.

I didn't mind Jinder, but he was a midcarder that was constantly on the injured list. He could do a promo, but not much else of substance. In the end WWE and AEW are businesses, they can't keep everyone employed. I'm sure Jinder will head to TNA, the way he changed his body will always make him stand out.

No more "Veer is coming" promos?
Old 04-20-2024, 02:24 PM   #6866
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Those Forbes valuations are hypothetical. If you believe AEW actually has a 2 billion dollar valuation then I have a bridge to sell you as well. Outside of the product in the ring (which Tony doesn't control) they haven't done anything right in years.

WCW was "valued" at being worth 3 billion in 2000 based on similar projections. It was sold for 4.3 million merely a year later. At what point will Shahid Khan stop giving his son an allowance? AEW's current television deal is expiring in 8 months, let's see what happens between now and then. It's pretty obvious they won't ever draw over a million viewers again.

Cesaro vs. Ospreay was fantastic, as was Sammy vs. Gable. AEW does put on great matches, that's something I'll never debate. I wonder when they'll hotshot Ospreay into the title scene. Looks like they're going to do Ospreay vs. Don Callis Family, which feels like a miss to me. He's already gone over all of them!

I would think that valuations of wrestling companies are highly hypothetical. I mean what do they really have in value? Their tape libraries, the perceived value of the workers under contract? Their TV deals and sponsorship or advertising deals. Their revenue growth and profit margins.

I don't know if the AEW library is all that valuable, remember the key point for WWE when they bought WCW was their Library, and that only garnerred 4.3 million dollars. Their TV deal currently is valuable but who knows what the terms will look like as a new deal. Its speculation but AEW has never made money, and that there is a potential that attendance and things like PPV revenues are down. Outside of a few players they don't have super big value contracts.

Its good that AEW has a 2 billion dollar valuation,but I doubt that if it ever sold which is unlkely unless old man Khan shows up and sends Tony to his room and sells it, that it would garner anywhere near 2 billion.

WWE had I think a 21 billion dollar valuation at the time that they sold out to TKO for 9.3 billion (I might honestly be pulling that valuation deal out of my butt, but I remember reading it somewhere).

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 02:28 PM   #6867
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Xia Li gone too.

Its a shame, Xia is insanely talented in the ring.

Personally with the weakness in the AEW woman's division and Tony saying he was going to be aggressive with free agents, he should be bring Xia in because Mercedes and Tony could have very good matches with her. Just put her with a strong agent, then pay for it by releasing a couple of girls from the division.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:35 PM   #6868
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Veer has also left WWE. Kinda had some cryptic words about being disrespected as an Indian (and/or his Indian coworkers).

With Jinder leaving seemingly under his own volition too, I wonder if there's something foul in WWE.

WWE has come out and said that Jinder was released, he didn't quit, Veer probably did request his release.

To be honest I feel sorry for Jinder, he clearly worked hard after the 3 man gang debacle and admitted he was entitled and he worked his ass off and got into awesome shape. But Jinder and it hurts because of the Calgary connection was what you would call a fortunate top of the card guy. But he never had the charisma or personality and he always looked a bit awkward in the ring. It was only a matter of time for this to happen.

Veer was promoted huge, but as much as the WWE tried, and they did with him, he was pretty much a bleah nothing burger.

Probably again because Tony needs to rebuild a pretty depleted roster, I expect he will bring Jinder in as a traditional heel.

Veer is the kind of wrestler that you used to bring in short term because of his size and he could be put with a manager. You build him up for a few weeks, have him beat up your champion, and then have a ppv where the champion comes out and beats the #### out of him to go over big time.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:40 PM   #6869
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

No need for AEW to bring in Jinder. Roster is big enough already.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:43 PM   #6870
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No need for AEW to bring in Jinder. Roster is big enough already.
Cut Satnam Singh and bring in Jinder. That would be a win/win. What does Jarrett's crew even do these days anyway?
Old 04-20-2024, 03:05 PM   #6871
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I actually think Jinder would be good in NJPW for a stint. With the loss of Tama Tonga and the imminent recall of Jack Perry to AEW, he could make sense as a heel hoss. Could make guys like Umino and Tsuji look good too. Hell, align him with Gabe Kidd or Nick Nemeth, could be good for a bodyguard a la Bad Luck Fale.

I could see him doing good in NWA as well.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:58 PM   #6872
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Matt Hardy shows up in TNA.

Good for him, I guess.

Old 04-20-2024, 10:01 PM   #6873
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good for most fans too, means he's not in WWE or AEW anymore.

TNA is easier to avoid lol
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #6874
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jericho is one of the funniest men alive.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:10 PM   #6875
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Please retire" chants

mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2024, 08:49 PM   #6876
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get what they were going for with that Hook / Jericho finish, but I don't think it does Hook any favors. Sure he took a lot of punishment but he was still beaten by old man Jericho

Okada vs PAC was great, get Okada away from the Young Bucks
Old 04-21-2024, 08:50 PM   #6877
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

This might be match of the year...
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:02 PM   #6878
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Danielson Ospresy was very good.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:12 PM   #6879
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that was a crazy match.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:16 PM   #6880
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

A tough act to follow, this match llooks slow and cheesy.