Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2022, 02:24 PM   #321
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post
Just bought a functional trainer for my home gym. Beyond excited.

Had to google what that was. Some of those look like they could fit in a corner nicely.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2022, 12:16 PM   #322
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Anyone have recommendations for a good meal replacement/protein powder, preferably in chocolate? I'm using Vega All in One right now, but it's a bit pricey for the size and doesn't have the best flavor. I usually mix it with Fairlife Skim milk.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 02:26 PM   #323
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Super Fatty Gym Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Anyone have recommendations for a good meal replacement/protein powder, preferably in chocolate? I'm using Vega All in One right now, but it's a bit pricey for the size and doesn't have the best flavor. I usually mix it with Fairlife Skim milk.

The chocolate milkshake whey isolate from Canadian Protein is really tasty. I’ve also gotten the vanilla and strawberry. They used to have single serve sample packets for a few dollars so you could see what you like.

https://canadianprotein.com/products...rotein-isolate

Last edited by Brendone; 05-28-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 02:39 PM   #324
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
The chocolate milkshake whey isolate from Canadian Protein is really tasty. I’ve also gotten the vanilla and strawberry. They used to have single serve sample packets for a few dollars so you could see what you like.

https://canadianprotein.com/products...rotein-isolate
I might have to take a chance. I've gotten the Economy Protein from them before. The first batch was great, however the last batch I got tasted off.

Last edited by CMPunk; 05-28-2022 at 02:41 PM.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:50 PM   #325
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

We just renovated the space we were using for a gym 3.5 months ago. Got the rubber floor, new bike, heavy bag, resistance equipment, TV, kettle bells and it was going great for me. 5-6 days a week doing different iFit workouts on the TV or bike and hitting the heavy bag. Had a 10 week run that felt like was getting me back on the long road to being in great shape again.

Playoffs started and I was consumed. Drinking every other night, eating out on home games, ordering food on road games. Completely fell off the workout regime and feeling bad about it. One bright side of the Flames being out is it will help me focus and get back on track.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2022, 10:08 PM   #326
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
I quite like the Leanfit Whey protein at Costco. 2kg (60 servings) for $40 or $50, depending on sale price.
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:33 PM   #327
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
I quite like the Leanfit Whey protein at Costco. 2kg (60 servings) for $40 or $50, depending on sale price.
The MusclePharm Chocolate is very very good too. Combine the chocolate with the vanilla LeanFit for a tasty protein drink.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2022, 11:53 PM   #328
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Working on a really effective eight-week muscle building regime, Week two and I'm already feeling like a million bucks again. Been working out for about ten years, I used to have a personal trainer about four years ago and got in the best shape of my life; hell, girls were buying ME drinks randomly when out (what an ego boost that was! ) Took that knowledge from my trainer and used it on my own going forward.

COVID hit, couldn't gym for a while and felt that loss of gains. Now back into it and serious about it again... love it. Four times a week, chest and side delts / upper back and rear delts / arms and abs / legs... leaves me time for adequate rest, and to play beach volleyball on Tuesdays and hopefully starting a combat sport soon too as well. Just love love love being active again!

For the supplement stuff, I'm using the Perfect Sports "Diesel" / New Zealand whey isolate, chocolate peanut butter flavour (delicious!); rounding that out with creatine, apple cider vinegar caps, and your standard multi-vitamins in the morning. Stopped doing pre-workout, found I could just energize myself to the same level with proper nutrition and portion control.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote