Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2021, 05:44 PM   #3821
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Oney Lorcan, Scarlett Bordeaux, Franky Monet and Ember Moon

Not surprised at any of them except that they didn't release Kross.

But Ember has pretty much been saddled by injuries and had really declined and lacked charisma. Taya never really gained much traction. Oney was going nowhere. But AEW should chase Scarlett who's actually very talented and has a ton of charisma.

But not major releases by any stretch and WWE does really need to clear their roster.
They did release Kross. And Keith Lee. Sean Ross Sapp is updating on twitter as he gets confirmation.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp

Can also get an ongoing updated list here if twitter isn't your jam:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...lett-boudreaux
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #3822
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nooooooooo! Not Nia Jax.

Said nobody ever
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #3823
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taya, Scarlett, and Keith Lee are really the only ones AEW should have any interest in. But I think they should stay away from Scarlett if it means Kross has to come with her. Men's division is already way overcrowded and I don't think Kross adds anything.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:15 PM   #3824
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Wow. They had a diamond in their hands in Keith Lee and they let him walk.

Although most are not elite talent, this is a big crop of wrestlers who can fill a lot of holes for other companies (Impact with Keith Lee would be money).

Some great pickups for NJPW Strong here to build their roster too (Biff Busick and Gran Metalik I'm looking at you)
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #3825
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

There's enough talent out there and available to make a brand new promotion. I would love to see Triple H just say "#### it" and start his own. Dude could build something incredible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #3826
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Forgot that on top of that, Johnny Gargano, Kyle O'Reilly and Kevin Owens all have expiring contracts soon. The first two would be a huge hit to the NXT roster.

What are they going to do, have Bron Breakker vs. Von Wagner as the main event this time in six months? They're moving to such a new, young, green roster they may as well call it NXG.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:57 PM   #3827
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harry Smith got released, too. Kind of weird considering they just signed him. Wonder if he shows up in AEW or goes back to Japan. Him and Archer were a pretty good heel team in NJPW.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:08 PM   #3828
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keith Lee should be automatic for AEW, they are lacking people who look like him and hes really good

Everyone else would be better off at different companies where they would be higher up the card
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2021, 08:48 PM   #3829
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Keith Lee should go to Impact. I think he'd get lost in AEW pretty quickly.

Not surprised by Harry's release, he's a bit of a head case.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #3830
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Wait they released Eva Marie, how could they release an athlete of that calibre. Not surprised they released Mia Yim, but she's a good talent.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:54 PM   #3831
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Nia Jax released, I think unless AEW has some interest in her to try to woo the Rock into an appearance that her career is over and every woman in the WWE is breathing a sigh of release. She was awful and entitled ever since she left NXT and actually got worse in the ring.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:04 PM   #3832
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Keith Lee should go to Impact. I think he'd get lost in AEW pretty quickly.

Not surprised by Harry's release, he's a bit of a head case.
The biggest complaint leveled at AEW is their lack of diversity at the top of the card. Tony has even said it's something they need to be better at.

He goes to AEW he gets a rocket strapped to his back, he's also super unique with his size and style and will really stand out from their mostly smaller, and VERY white, roster.
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2021, 11:02 PM   #3833
MacFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not surprised by any of these names. As I’ve said repeatedly, the age of a wrestler when he/she comes to the main roster is a significant factor. Keith Lee:36; karrion Kross:36, Harry smith:36.

At that age, there’s simply no reason for the wwe to invest in a wrestler when there may be only a year or two “money” years, if they even get over. It’s simply not worth it when you could bring in wrestlers at 23-26 and have a decade or more “money” years, if they get over.

The return on investment is significantly better.

It is the reason why NXT has been completely overhauled.

(Plus, honestly, I really never did think Keith Lee was a great performer)
MacFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2021, 11:20 PM   #3834
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
The biggest complaint leveled at AEW is their lack of diversity at the top of the card. Tony has even said it's something they need to be better at.

He goes to AEW he gets a rocket strapped to his back, he's also super unique with his size and style and will really stand out from their mostly smaller, and VERY white, roster.

Bring him in as a completely angry heel, a remorseless killing machine that just destroys everything.

I think Lee was great in NXT the perfect big fish in a small town. I think he fell back on the main roster. He's also an older performer.

WWE is clearly looking at a roster rebuild and going with younger performers.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:08 AM   #3835
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

I have to say that I am very surprised at Nia getting released, not because of her "skill", more just that she seemed almost untouchable. For someone so bad and always hurts others she kept her job for a long time. Like Captain said, every other woman wrestler on the roster just got a smile on their face.

B-Fab is a little surprise, she was very green but she fit in well with Hit Row. Also surprised at Mia and Ember, they should show up somewhere else. They are both pretty good.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:07 AM   #3836
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Meltzer says 5 of the releases were unvaccinated people.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #3837
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lee should have a home in AEW.

As d_phaneuf mentioned the top of the AEW roster really lacks diversity and size.

Book him right and he should really stand out at the top of the AEW card.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:57 AM   #3838
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
I have to say that I am very surprised at Nia getting released, not because of her "skill", more just that she seemed almost untouchable. For someone so bad and always hurts others she kept her job for a long time. Like Captain said, every other woman wrestler on the roster just got a smile on their face.

B-Fab is a little surprise, she was very green but she fit in well with Hit Row. Also surprised at Mia and Ember, they should show up somewhere else. They are both pretty good.

Ember just couldn't stop getting injured, and she just at her age couldn't get past that mid card status.

I like Mia, she's a good worker, but she just doesn't have enough Charisma to get her past the mid card.

I expect that Ember will get a hard look by AEW as they continue to work on their woman's division, I don't doubt that Mia and Keith Lee will be bought in as a double act with either AEW or Impact.

Kross and Bordeau might not go to any of the other majors (AEW or Impact) but might either go south of the Border or work some independants for a while.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:59 AM   #3839
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Yeah I think the AEW main event scene really needs a hoss. Archer is good, but Lee is more complete for that role.

Also, this round of releases is just another in a series of changes to WWE to basically run a media and entertainment company who showcase social media influencers that happen to be wrestlers on the side.

WWE is turning very meta.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:02 AM   #3840
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post

I was watching some old NXT the other night as there was nothing on the channel, and not to sound wrong about this. But Nia put on a lot of weight when she went to the main roster. Probably because they are very militant with training in NXT and watch their development like a Hawk. But when she got on the main roster and on the road that went out the window. The other shocking thing is that for all of her "Power", I don't think she was that strong upper body wise and that lead to a lot of sloppiness.

I think that the hope for AEW would be to get access to the Rock, but I have my doubt that the Rock will do anything but stick with the WWE do his one or two 7 figure appearances every couple of years and stick with what works.

I doubt anyone is going to pick her up unless independents sign her for one off performances.

Its not a bonanza of stars that were released and they were all in their mid and late 30's. Keith Lee is probably the best of the releases.

I was reading up on the releases and yeah 5 were unvaccinated, which is stupid. Eva Marie doesn't need to keep wrestling, I think she treated this like playtime as she has lots of other things happening.