Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #2861
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
How much are AEW PPVs these days? Are they still in the $50-60 ballpark and only available on B/R?
They’re about $50 and on B/R or a cable provider.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:10 PM   #2862
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
How much are AEW PPVs these days? Are they still in the $50-60 ballpark and only available on B/R?
I think they're a bit cheaper ($30 range) if you go through a VPN using a UK IP and use Fite TV, but it's been a while since I ordered one.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 06:35 AM   #2863
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I should also add I love AEW as my premier show, but it's time to end the Inner Circle. It's allowing Jericho to wrestle more than he should, it's holding down Santana/Ortiz, and it's a confusing mess with MJF and Wardlow. And as usual, Jake Hager is an understandable oversight. At least they moved Sammy out of the group.

Team Taz and the Dark Order are far more engaging.
Was shocked when they said it was the first title shot for Santana and Ortiz Wednesday
d_phaneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #2864
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
There have been a couple of dull weeks and some angles I haven't been super high on, but Dynamite has pretty consistently been must-see TV since the "Winter is Coming" special. Even the women's division finally seems to be coming along.

Revolution is looking like an absolutely stacked card, with the exception of Hangman vs. Matt Hardy, which I have zero interest in even as a Hangman fan.

I thought tonight's episode was excellent, even moreso when you consider how shorthanded they were due to the weather situation.

Really surprised at how good of a heel Omega has been. I'd been advocating for it for months but even I didn't expect him to be this good. He's even managed to turn all of his fan favourite moves into pure, egotistical showboating. Hopefully they keep the title on him at Revolution. Way too soon to go back to Mox.
The women's division is the biggest improvement imo, outside of NXT which is just on another level right now with the women, aew is arguably ahead of raw and smackdown on a week to week basis, it doesn't have a huge star but it's super consistent at putting on good matches now, and with Baker has the best women promo right now
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 08:48 AM   #2865
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Was shocked when they said it was the first title shot for Santana and Ortiz Wednesday
One of the best tag teams in the world, and they deserve the titles. Still waiting for an FTR vs. Santana/Ortiz PPV match.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #2866
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Looks like the KOR seizure at the end of this weeks NXT show was a little too realistic as fans linked it to his type one diabetes and freaked out believing it was real.

KOR and WWE had to release statements saying, "relax you bunch of marks".

But then again I've always also had trouble with announcers using the Owen Hart breaking kayfabe voices whenever a work injury happens in the ring.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #2867
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I don't like wrestling promotions ####ing around with seizure storylines. The potential is real for those kind of incidents (e.g. Daniel Bryan) and it's in really poor taste to work the audience.

Broken bones and pulled muscles are one thing; neurological and brain impacts are complete other.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #2868
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The women's division is the biggest improvement imo, outside of NXT which is just on another level right now with the women, aew is arguably ahead of raw and smackdown on a week to week basis, it doesn't have a huge star but it's super consistent at putting on good matches now, and with Baker has the best women promo right now
Getting Riho back this past week was huge. I had forgotten just how good she is. Her and Deeb had the match of the night.

With Statlander due back soon and hopefully some of the other Japanese women being able to make their way over in the next few months, the division has nowhere to go but up. It's also pretty amazing how much Shida has improved over the last year to the point where she can make just about anyone look good.

Last edited by rubecube; 02-19-2021 at 10:52 AM.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:41 PM   #2869
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I don't like wrestling promotions ####ing around with seizure storylines. The potential is real for those kind of incidents (e.g. Daniel Bryan) and it's in really poor taste to work the audience.

Broken bones and pulled muscles are one thing; neurological and brain impacts are complete other.

You know what else I freaking hate. The fake ref crossed arms to sell injuries. I hate it huge. It causes a huge fan freakout, and eventually no one is going to think any injury is anything but a work.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:21 PM   #2870
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I'll be honest - I'm done with Matt Hardy. He simply doesn't have the movement / excitement / charisma anymore to match AEW's direction or at least keep up with the other talents on the roster. I'd rather see his TV time given to someone else. Jericho is getting into this territory for me too now (except for the charisma).
Yeah, when he walks out to the ring he looks like an old man waddling to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Just too many miles I guess.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #2871
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't know how good elimination Chamber is going to be. It used to be counted on for some good violence, and major spots.

WWE Championship -- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston (Elimination Chamber):

I'd love to see AJ Style win this, but I doubt they'll take the belt off of Drew any time soon. I expect that Randy is going to see the returning Fiend and won't get into the match.

King Corbin vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sami Zayn vs. Jey Uso (Elimination Chamber)

I did like the fact that Roman weaseled out of this match. I almost expect a surprise winner in this one and I'm going to pick Cesaro who's in the midst of a long over due main event level push

Universal Championship -- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Elimination Chamber winner

Roman is too good of a championship to lose his belt, but I expect this is going to be a setup to a wrestlemania match with the Rock.

Raw Women's Championship -- Asuka (c) vs. Lacey Evans

Lacey is preggers, so the hamster in my head started to spin. Either we're going to see Taya debut, or Rhea Ripley to get a insta title shot

United States Championship -- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Keith Lee vs. Riddle

I expect Riddle to take a beating and Keith Lee to give a good accounting, but Lashley has been really good in the hurt business

Women's Tag Team Championship -- Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair

Make it stop, i like 3 out of 4 competitors in this ring. I'm hoping on one hand that this match signals the end of Baszler and Jax as Baszler is carrying Nia's lazy hole right now. At the same time Banks and Belair don't need the title, but to start putting some skin in the game for their wrestlemania matchup. Look for Banks to go heel..

Old 02-21-2021, 04:59 PM   #2872
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Asuka Evans match is cancelled. Keith Lee isn't cleared and John Morrison steps in after winning a four way pre game match.

Old 02-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #2873
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sami Zayn is awesome
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 06:20 PM   #2874
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

King Corbin vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan(W) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Jey Uso (Elimination Chamber)

This wasn't a bad elimination chamber match, it certainly lacked any kind of holy crap moment. They did a good job of highlighting Cesaro and Bryan and even Uso. The Kevin Owen's elimination was strange as he recently had the feud with Reigns. Corbin never felt like he belonged in this group. Cesaro and Bryan came out of this looking like a million bucks. As noted, Sami did a great job in this match as the weasel before bowing out.

Captain rates this *** 1/2 out of 5

Roman Reigns retains over Daniel Bryan

I'm torn on this match as it was obvious what was going to happen and pretty much a squash over an exhausted and injured Bryan. While the match wasn't anything I could grade. The story telling was smart as we felt like we almost got an upset by Bryan on a neat little submission move off of a Reigns spear. So from a match perspective I'd give it a

* 1/2 out of 5

From a story telling perspective, this was well done. It further sells Reigns as a cowardly bully. The aftermath with Edge coming in and destroying Reigns with a spear setting up a wrestlemania match was awesome

****/5

United States Championship -- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. John Morrison vs. Riddle (winner and new champion)

I'll be honest, I don't like Riddle not on any level. His offense looks light, his character is stupid, and he sounds like a real life dirtbag. I also don't understand taking the belt off of Lashley unless the WWE is planning on having him turn on the Hurt Business. It was an ok match, with a some decent moves, and Morrison was probably the best worker in the match. I just hate the result though.

** out of 5.

Old 02-21-2021, 07:57 PM   #2875
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Women's Tag Team Championship -- Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair

Really dissapointed in this one, it was a raw match, nothing special, they had Carmella's former man servant screw over Sasha and Bianca. But a waste of three out of the four performers. Nia just lumped around the ring and did nothing.

0/5

WWE Championship -- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston (Elimination Chamber):

Decent enough match with some neat work by Seamus, AJ and Kofi. But there was nothing really brutal or surprising.

*** out of 5

After the match, Lashley came out and destroyed Drew, then stood aside as Miz cashed in and took the title.

** out of 5

WWE fans are going to be enraged by having Miz walk out with the title.

At the end of the day, this wasn't an exciting or great PPV, a lot of emphasis on story telling probably robbed the fans of the wrestling component. Having Edge come out and trash Reigns was enjoyable. But no sign of Alexa or the Fiend.

** out of 5

Old 02-22-2021, 05:17 AM   #2876
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Sami Zayn is awesome
I cant wait to watch the documentary he is kayfabe making
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 05:32 AM   #2877
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved the miz leaving with the title, also how Roman worked his thing

Having smart heels in wwe is rare and so seeing it work is nice

I imagine that little clip of miz and mvp talking before the main event leads to lashley winning the title and then drew challenging him at wrestlemania

Right now I'd guess for wrestlemania

Roman v edge
Drew vs lashley
Orton v fiend in another firefly funhouse
Miz and Morrison vs bad bunny and damien priest
Bianca v sasha

Those seem set, although I could also see them adding keith lee and sheamus to the lashley/drew match

Still like 10 matches to set up though, including at least 2 or 3 nxt
Old 02-22-2021, 09:01 AM   #2878
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I loved the miz leaving with the title, also how Roman worked his thing

Having smart heels in wwe is rare and so seeing it work is nice

I imagine that little clip of miz and mvp talking before the main event leads to lashley winning the title and then drew challenging him at wrestlemania

Right now I'd guess for wrestlemania

Roman v edge
Drew vs lashley
Orton v fiend in another firefly funhouse
Miz and Morrison vs bad bunny and damien priest
Bianca v sasha

Those seem set, although I could also see them adding keith lee and sheamus to the lashley/drew match

Still like 10 matches to set up though, including at least 2 or 3 nxt

I think they're going to angle for a Nia and Shayna feud against Dakota Kai and Gonzales as well. Which could be a good wrestlemainia match. I still expect that there will be a Asuka match against a returning Ronda Rousey or Becky Lynch.

I like Miz as a mid card heel. I really do, I've been a fan of Miz for a while. He really though needs someone to elevate him, and a feud with Bad Bunny doesn't do it. Frankly I get tired of Celebrities coming in and kicking the crap out of professional wrestlers and showing no fear.

Just my two cents.

It was funny, last nights results really left quite a few wrestlers with nothing to do heading into wrestlemania, Kevin Owens being one of them.

You know what I would really like, because they've been doing a lot of talking about this one team on the network.

The Hurt Business against the APA. for a Vintage match.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #2879
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

new deal brings NXT to Sportsnet on Wednesday and more access to other network content

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/wwe-n...le-h-comments/

Old 02-22-2021, 10:37 AM   #2880
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's about damn time. It was so annoying having to try and avoid spoilers.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post: