Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #2561
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Apparently the main console versions are no better, it’s just a junky remaster all over
Well I bought it on switch but its also on gamepass

its at least smooth on series X...it is way better 60FPS vs. 20

I realize their is massive power difference but surely the Switch could do 30FPS

Last edited by dino7c; 11-13-2021 at 08:39 PM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:38 PM   #2562
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I am once again playing FF9.

God damn, I love my switch for letting me play this game! Diablo 2 and FF9 are just the tits on the switch.
I haven't played through that in years. I remember hating the boss battles because they all had great stuff to steal, but it was always the third item, so it felt like you had to spend the first 40 Zidane turns stealing to you got it.

Chocobo Hot and Cold, though... one of the most perfect minigames ever including the music. If you've played FFXIV, they redid the music played for that for a theme for the DNC job:

Damn it, think I need to get this. Any recommendations for a decent SD card? Pretty sure I'm out of space on the console so need some extra storage
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:34 PM   #2563
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got this 2 years ago, flawless so far.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...1?ie=UTF8&th=1

Strangely for technology, it has increased in price $1.23.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #2564
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone play any of the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the switch? My kid is into the Sonic movie all of a sudden and am wondering if the games are any good. I remember playing them on the Sega way back when, but I have no idea how they hold up today.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:23 PM   #2565
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've played so many mediocre to dreadful Sonic games the last two decades it's hard to remember which ones were good. Sonic Mania was a lot of fun - total throwback to the originals
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2021, 09:48 PM   #2566
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep it’s Sonic Mania on Switch for sure, everything else is middling to bad.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #2567
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
My wife is looking for a game to replace her prior love of Stardew Valley. We tried Animal Crossing, but she's not a fan of it (doesn't like how the game is tied to the actually time of day when she can only really play at night when the kids are in bed). She also thinks its a bit grindy.

I've looked at it seems like Littlewood or My Time at Portia could be options. Any other ideas? The less combat the better.
Story of Seasons!

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #2568
flamingchina
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What’s the best way to buy a switch these days?
flamingchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #2569
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingchina View Post
As in which model to buy or how to get a hold of them?

If you're playing in handheld I would get the OLED version no question. Otherwise the old Mario Kart bundle is on sale at various retailers (I see it in stock on amazon even now - $380). Finding the OLED might be a little tough right now? Not sure.

If you want to maximize, you could wait for a 20x the points event at Shoppers to buy it. Or if you have a ton of points already there is a $250 for $400 redemption coming up for Black Friday I think.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:10 PM   #2570
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I scooped mine from Best Buy a few weeks ago - they seem to be getting stock here and there. There are shortages of the OLED version for sure, but it's nothing crazy like the Xbox or PS5. I don't think you'll have to look too hard to find one, but if you do find one in stock just buy it right away.

For Black Friday, there are lots of marked down Nintendo produced titles at Game Stop, $25 off. They are older, but still not a bad deal considering they almost never get marked down.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #2571
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingchina View Post
Shoppers drug mart with 20x points
Old 01-14-2022, 03:25 PM   #2572
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

The fan is going on my launch Switch. I got a replacement and hopefully I don’t have too much trouble with it.

Anyone done it and have any tips?

Edit: got it replaced quite easily thanks to the Ifixit guide.

Last edited by DownInFlames; 01-14-2022 at 07:30 PM.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:58 PM   #2573
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I wonder when the Switch will release a game again.

Feels like it’s been ages since a Grade A game came out. Hollow Knight Silk Song might be the longest video game development in history. Here’s a concept Team Cherry, hire more than 2 people for your company? I think they started it in like 2016 or something? This is insane, not even has it not been released but there’s literally no release date posted.

Meanwhile I hope I still am alive by the time Zelda or the Turtles games come out.

Pretty lame.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:08 PM   #2574
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ran out of Wii U ports
Old 02-03-2022, 07:11 AM   #2575
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

The new Pokemon is doing really well, it's a change of direction in the series and is a big open world game that took a lot from BOTW
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:55 AM   #2576
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would say highly acclaimed multiple GOTY-winner Metroid Dread qualifies as a grade 'A' game too (especially if you're into Hollow Knight, which is in the same genre that Metroid basically invented) and that was only in October.

If you buy any Nintendo console for just mainline Zelda games it's always a looooong wait in between. But also always worth it.

It seems like a long wait for Silksong but it was actually announced in February 2019, coming up on three years. Really not egregious considering the size of the team vs. the size of the game. Hollow Knight was announced in 2014 and released in 2017... so assuming we see it release this year it's not too much longer. They definitely didn't start on Silksong in 2016, Hollow Knight 1 wasn't even released yet.

Last edited by OutOfTheCube; 02-03-2022 at 09:59 AM.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2022, 12:37 PM   #2577
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
The new Pokemon is doing really well, it's a change of direction in the series and is a big open world game that took a lot from BOTW
It forgot to take the quality of graphics from BotW though. Cool concept for a Pokemon game, but the graphics are really sub-par IMO even for the simplistic style.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:37 PM   #2578
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I've been watching my wife play Arceus and it seems pretty good overall. Definitely rough around the edges but she's enjoying it, and I think the gameplay loop is pretty satisfying to watch. The graphics aren't as impressive as BotW but the framerate looks more consistent than BotW was.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:54 AM   #2579
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I almost get lost in the immersion in Pokemon with how good the graphics are, magical trees and objects seemingly popping up out of no where. Its also amazing that every guardian is so impressed that you can play that one "song" on the flute, my dad could play that same tune with a blade of grass between his thumbs.

All joking aside this game was really fun but as I often do with Pokemon games I over leveled my main party and basically one shot every encounter all the way to the end. When I finally got the the point after the main story that I was faced with a battle at or above my level the battles were still one shots depending on who used the super effective move. A move can be super effective thats fine but when I have a maxed out 10/10 potential pokemon in all categories at the same level as the one i'm fighting and it one shots me its not really that fun.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #2580
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I think this is the first time I didn't over level and the first time I actually got wiped once! I can't remember that ever happening. All my guys were in their 50's and the other guys were level 60+, and I had no idea what types their guys were so started behind after my first guy got one shotted and never recovered.

One thing I don't like is how when you take out one of their guys you don't get a chance to swap yours, and depending on speed you can get one shotted after they put in a new guy with zero chance to do anything about it.

I really hope they continue with this style of game though.