Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2021, 10:53 PM   #101
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just hope this guy frigs off from hockey for good.

I hope he finds the help he clearly needs, but for now I wish he’d just go away.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:21 PM   #102
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

To everyone having a moral issue with Kane faking his vaccination card. I agree it was stupid. Other athletes have the same in other sports. Kane has been suspended 21 games and lost $1.5M in pay. I think that’s a severe penalty. Aaron Rodgers barely got anything with all of his situation.

Kane hasn’t been charged by any authority for faking a card. He has served his league punishment. He is now fully vaccinated. He’s done the time for his stupid decision. He has rectified it by getting vaccinated. IMO, it ends there.

It’s a non-starter unless we want to become a society that decides that is the ultimate line.
InternationalVillager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to InternationalVillager For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 11:27 PM   #103
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalVillager View Post
To everyone having a moral issue with Kane faking his vaccination card. I agree it was stupid. Other athletes have the same in other sports. Kane has been suspended 21 games and lost $1.5M in pay. I think that’s a severe penalty. Aaron Rodgers barely got anything with all of his situation.

Kane hasn’t been charged by any authority for faking a card. He has served his league punishment. He is now fully vaccinated. He’s done the time for his stupid decision. He has rectified it by getting vaccinated. IMO, it ends there.

It’s a non-starter unless we want to become a society that decides that is the ultimate line.
Lol, I completely forgot why he was suspended, faking his vaccination card is hardly his worst trait.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 11:47 PM   #104
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Lol, I completely forgot why he was suspended, faking his vaccination card is hardly his worst trait.
What is? I thought everything else was “slander”.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:42 AM   #105
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Accusations from woman of bribing her to get an abortion 3 times
Accusations from wife of abuse and sexual assault
Accusations of gambling on games he played in which caused an NHL investigation
The actual reason he's suspended - faking a vax card
Think how often you hear of a player in the NHL whose team mates actively want them gone and it becomes public. Now of that small group of 3-5, how many were their team's best player?

Sutter is a hockey coach, not a life coach or therapist. Kane doesn't need Sutter's guidance his hockey play was literally the only thing he was doing well.
Sound like a bunch of accusations and one actual?

Not saying he is a saint but let’s execute the guy based on accusations?
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:42 AM   #106
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
What is? I thought everything else was “slander”.
Typically, in the world of the internet in today's society you are guilty until proven innocent. Rumours and hearsay are hard evidence on social media.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:58 AM   #107
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

The guy has been hated by teammates and chased off every team he has been a part of. His hockey career has been littered with serious accusations and bad decisions.

It's not hard to tell Evander is not a good person.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 08:01 AM   #108
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalVillager View Post

All of this is a reflection of his character and nothing he has done has shown any good character, at all. Based on that, I wouldn't want him on the Flames until there is some indication that he has changed.
Rollin22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:15 AM   #109
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
The guy has been hated by teammates and chased off every team he has been a part of. His hockey career has been littered with serious accusations and bad decisions.

It's not hard to tell Evander is not a good person.
Yeah if you want to make the argument that none of it has been confirmed with concrete info, fine. But it certainly isn’t race based hate for the guy from fans. At worst it’s hate based on unconfirmed reports.

People still hate the other Kane due to accusations that he was cleared of.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:40 AM   #110
Pickle Juice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1465036393499934723

Larry Brooks is saying there is an Eastern conference team (not the Rangers) interested
How would a buy out work for a team if they chose to take on Kane at half of his salary and how much would the buy out be?
Pickle Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:47 AM   #111
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

San Jose's 1st and Kane at 50% for a third round pick.

BTW in no way am I advocating that I want to see this ahole added to the Flames, I want him nowhwere near the dressing room.

But if you can (hahahaha) make a trade like that, and send Kane home and keep the first round pick why not.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:49 AM   #112
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I hope Vancouver gets him.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #113
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
I hope Vancouver gets him.
Or the greasers
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #114
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
San Jose's 1st and Kane at 50% for a third round pick.

BTW in no way am I advocating that I want to see this ahole added to the Flames, I want him nowhwere near the dressing room.

But if you can (hahahaha) make a trade like that, and send Kane home and keep the first round pick why not.
No team is going to pay $25 million for a first-rounder and have dead cap space.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:05 AM   #115
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
Or the greasers

You really want to watch Drai + McDavid bounce 40 goals off a player they're paying $3M for?
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:09 AM   #116
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am not an advocate for this trade. I don't personally think Kane is a good playing fit, regardless of all the off ice stuff. The team needs another puck dominant, distributing Right winger, preferably Right Shot. This is a left shooting, left wing who is a puck and shot hog.

That being said, I think Evander is probably at his life low point right now. There is a reasonable chance that he could view this as a "last chance" (it definitely is if it materializes) and thus come ready to "fit in" and preform. 3.5 mil a season isnt bad value for the play on the ice he can bring.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:23 AM   #117
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Evander Kane welcome to the Carolina Hurricanes
Sofa GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:55 AM   #118
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa GM View Post
Evander Kane welcome to the Carolina Hurricanes
That's where I can see him going. On the surface the Canes at times would give you the impression that they might be disfunctional given their love of misfit toys. At times they exhibit a very unique way of valuing players, and can't resist getting a discount if it's there.

On the other hand, they have as good a team as anyone, and the team is playing bloody well. Tony DeAngelo is possibly the best bang for the buck free agent signing this off season. So I wouldn't be surprised if they get Kane for nothing, and on ice he plays better than he ever has.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:59 AM   #119
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Typically, in the world of the internet in today's society you are guilty until proven innocent. Rumours and hearsay are hard evidence on social media.
Well the gambling wasn’t just a rumour, nor was it hearsay. And the only investigation so far has been the NHL who found no evidence (seemingly ignoring the ex’s evidence). The other court cases are ongoing (the divorce in particular). And there’s zero doubt about the forgery.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:01 AM   #120
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Well the gambling wasn’t just a rumour, nor was it hearsay. And the only investigation so far has been the NHL who found no evidence (seemingly ignoring the ex’s evidence). The other court cases are ongoing (the divorce in particular). And there’s zero doubt about the forgery.
I am not saying you are incorrect in those things, I am pointing out accusations are enough for social media to judge a person guilty in general.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote