Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will the Flames make the playoffs?
Yes 291 59.75%
No 196 40.25%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2023, 05:25 PM   #241
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
Beat the Kings and Oilers to get in

Not a difficult task….
Unfortunately we choked 4 points away to the Oilers and don't play them again
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:45 PM   #242
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually can I change my answer?

With how difficult it is for this team to win even against lottery teams, this team lacks the fortitude to be able to get there #### together and play well enough during the playoff chase stretch to get into the playoffs.

You are what your record says you are, and Flames are a bubble team that likely be on the outside looking in.
Joborule is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 08:56 PM   #243
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can I change mine? This is a garbage team that is good at nothing. Bad goaltending, bad D, and awful O.

I’d say blow it up, but there’s no one of value on this garbage team
I_H8_Crawford is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I_H8_Crawford For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 08:56 PM   #244
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Doesnt matter if they do, they aren't doing any damage even if they did get in.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoLevi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 09:27 PM   #245
Smit
Draft Pick

Longest win streak of 3 games.
Only TWO 3 game win streaks. Pathetic.

This team just doesn’t have it.
They can’t beat the bottom feeders of the league when fighting for a wildcard spot, it’s just not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 09:33 PM   #246
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am having a hard time with my “Yes” answer.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:28 AM   #247
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nope.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:53 AM   #248
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you take the western conference teams and their current overall, home and away records. And extrapolate to the end of the season. The teams above Vancouver that won’t make it are Nashville, St. Louis and the Flames. St. Louis by a lot. The Flames and Nashville by about 4 points.

It’s looking like 96 points gets you in again. The Flames need a 65% winning percentage to get there. Basically winning two out of three games down the stretch.

I personally think they are too inconsistent to pull that off minus a 5 or more game win streak. Which I don’t think will happen.

They pissed away too many points in OT and in games like this against teams they should beat. I’d bet it will bite them in the ass in the end. The math is saying it will right now.

We will see I guess. But per what others have been saying. I don’t think I would push my chips all in at the trade deadline on this team.

Last edited by Goriders; 01-27-2023 at 12:55 AM.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 06:11 AM   #249
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

MoneyPuck and Athletic have the Flames with over 80% chance of making the playoffs.

I'm not sure things are as dire as you think they are.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:22 AM   #250
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
MoneyPuck and Athletic have the Flames with over 80% chance of making the playoffs.

I'm not sure things are as dire as you think they are.
That’s cause they are taking strength of schedule into account which doesn’t really matter when you lose against Chicago lol. Flames desperately need a 5+ game win streak.
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 06:25 AM   #251
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It’s a weak division but I’ll take that odd against the team that got blown out by a tanking team
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesfan05 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 08:04 AM   #252
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they have to win at 65% pace to get to the number that gets you in I’d probably not put money on this team getting in. The are too inconsistent.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:15 AM   #253
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
If you take the western conference teams and their current overall, home and away records. And extrapolate to the end of the season. The teams above Vancouver that won’t make it are Nashville, St. Louis and the Flames. St. Louis by a lot. The Flames and Nashville by about 4 points.

It’s looking like 96 points gets you in again. The Flames need a 65% winning percentage to get there. Basically winning two out of three games down the stretch.

I personally think they are too inconsistent to pull that off minus a 5 or more game win streak. Which I don’t think will happen.

They pissed away too many points in OT and in games like this against teams they should beat. I’d bet it will bite them in the ass in the end. The math is saying it will right now.

We will see I guess. But per what others have been saying. I don’t think I would push my chips all in at the trade deadline on this team.
I've got .636 to get in as it stands. Something like 20-11-2.

They'll need a string of wins, we haven't seen one all year so does that make it doubtful or due?!
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:20 AM   #254
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post

.621 gets 96 points not .650

Not easy but no need to exaggerate
Old 01-27-2023, 08:24 AM   #255
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

They'll need a string of wins, we haven't seen one all year so does that make it doubtful or due?!

I think with what we’ve seen this year, the middling play, inconsistency, and pop gun offence.. it’s doubtful.

I think Sutter lost the room at the end of October and he hasn’t figured out how to connect with them since.

We see a power struggle between the coach and GM. And I think the GM is looking past this season at what the future holds for him.

This team is cooked and doesn’t realize it yet.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:32 AM   #256
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
I think with what we’ve seen this year, the middling play, inconsistency, and pop gun offence.. it’s doubtful.

I think Sutter lost the room at the end of October and he hasn’t figured out how to connect with them since.

We see a power struggle between the coach and GM. And I think the GM is looking past this season at what the future holds for him.

This team is cooked and doesn’t realize it yet.
Could be ... I'm not going to speculate on stuff I know nothing about.

But on the ice I see a team with a lot of change that hasn't been able to figure it out offensively. As a result their best player is struggling (Huberdeau), and the other best player (Markstrom) is having a tough year.

Last night wasn't a mail it in game at all.

It was an over extend yourself to make a play that wasn't there and end up with egg on your face game.

And they're doing it all the team. Want it too bad, and can't settle into what they do best and let the game come to them.

Honestly seems like they are worried about not being able to score and are extending themselves.

May not be in the cards.

But they're close, and I think it's going to be a fun ride to see where it settles.
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 08:43 AM   #257
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

My gut feel is doubtful. No science behind it. Just gut feel based on watching them up until now.

This team lacks the one or two players that will will them to victories in close games. Just seems like the chemistry is off.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:44 AM   #258
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

My feel on this changes with every game (go figure) but I still think they'll make it, albeit white knuckling it in as a wildcard. Just hope they play the Jets if thats the case.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:46 AM   #259
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Could be ... I'm not going to speculate on stuff I know nothing about.

But on the ice I see a team with a lot of change that hasn't been able to figure it out offensively. As a result their best player is struggling (Huberdeau), and the other best player (Markstrom) is having a tough year.

Last night wasn't a mail it in game at all.

It was an over extend yourself to make a play that wasn't there and end up with egg on your face game.

And they're doing it all the team. Want it too bad, and can't settle into what they do best and let the game come to them.

Honestly seems like they are worried about not being able to score and are extending themselves.

May not be in the cards.

But they're close, and I think it's going to be a fun ride to see where it settles.
Whatever happens it’ll come down to the last week to decide the wildcards is my prediction. Which is good for the league.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:46 AM   #260
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I'm going to hold my vote until April.
The team desperately needs a win streak, that seems certain.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote