Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #1041
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

You guys sicken me! I have a lv 57 Wizard. My buddy convinced me that mages are OP in Inferno, but I feel pretty crappy at Hell. Mind you I have pretty crappy gear since this is my first char. I'm just ballin' with my 4100 DPS and 115 Resist...lol. Too poor to buy anything in the AH too.

Recently started trying a WD. Saw some guy solo Hell really easily as a WD, so I thought I'd give it a go.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #1042
Flame Of Liberty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Girlfriend of the year?

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/06/da...ng-gamer-c.php
Flame Of Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flame Of Liberty For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #1043
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
I do about 56k without SS
Damn, how much did the high Dex Andariels cost you? Been looking on the AH for that thing for ages, I really should have bought it like a week ago when I had the chance. All the Dex ones now have such a huge 5+ million price tag.
theJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #1044
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski View Post
No, no they won't.

The AH is starting to stabilize. Anything posted way above value will rarely sell. Heck, even items posted at relative values might not sell.

Best buys are those that you stumble onto (via your particular query) just as they are posted where they are quite underpriced. MANY people are looking for these, even if it is just in order to resell them for a higher amount.
Just to clarify, my definition of a ridiculous price for a legendary is still far lower than the AH average. I find it ridiculous that I can sell a 36 dps legendary fist weapon that is worse than the rare my lvl 30 monk uses for 50k gold within 5 minutes.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #1045
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I sold one of my yellows for 20k, I think I'm getting an idea of what sells and what doesn't.

I just hate vendoring a yellow.

Might be time to AH upgrade again too, I'm starting to find drops and vendor stuff that's better than what I'm wearing! Though I'm not having problems staying alive (still only on Nightmare).
Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #1046
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Might be time to AH upgrade again too, I'm starting to find drops and vendor stuff that's better than what I'm wearing!
Good, this is how Diablo should be played, I hate the fact the AH has taken this away from us
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #1047
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just beat Normal last night. I liked the story well enough. Had a couple twists and had me wanting to keep playing. Good stuff.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #1048
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
Good, this is how Diablo should be played, I hate the fact the AH has taken this away from us
i like the fact that i can progress at a measurable pace, and not waiting for a specific drop to come along so i can upgrade
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #1049
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cleared the rest of Act I Inferno without issues. Beat Butcher First try as well.

Hit the Act II wall shortly after - White Mobs ripped through me :/
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #1050
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
Cleared the rest of Act I Inferno without issues. Beat Butcher First try as well.

Hit the Act II wall shortly after - White Mobs ripped through me :/
I tried the running for checkpoints and kiting mobs till they ditched me a couple time when I ran into trouble yesterday. Got to the Oasis in Act 2 before I ran into another roadblock. The snake elites on the bridge, can't seem to ditch them and they pretty much teleport onto you, regardless of their affixes, so it is a tough one.

My biggest problem right now is rising cost on items that are upgrades for me seems to be outpacing my earnings, so I need to keep farming Act 1 to hope to luck out and get some needed upgrades, or a big ticket item that sells. Funny enough, I found a bow a couple days ago on the AH that was only 10k, but I thought would be a minor upgrade. Turns out I love the IAS on it, so it is now my main weapon. I can't find an upgrade for it for less than 1 million on the AH.

Last edited by Rathji; 06-06-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #1051
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I tried the running for checkpoints and kiting mobs till they ditched me a couple time when I ran into trouble yesterday. Got to the Oasis in Act 2 before I ran into another roadblock. The snake elites on the bridge, can't seem to ditch them and they pretty much teleport onto you, regardless of their affixes, so it is a tough one.

My biggest problem right now is rising cost on items that are upgrades for me seems to be outpacing my earnings, so I need to keep farming Act 1 to hope to luck out and get some needed upgrades, or a big ticket item that sells. Funny enough, I found a bow a couple days ago on the AH that was only 10k, but I thought would be a minor upgrade. Turns out I love the IAS on it, so it is now my main weapon. I can't find an upgrade for it for less than 1 million on the AH.
As a Barb, I love when those snakes use the lightning ring move. It procs revenge, and hurts way less than their melee attack.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #1052
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Blizzard posted a 1.0.3 patch preview and overall I like the changes that they are making in the preview. Hopefully they work out for the better in the game as I am kind of getting annoyed/bored with a lack of good farming spots and the fact that to do warden/butcher takes well over 30 minutes with a 5 NV buff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kryllyk
http://www.twitch.tv/kryllyk

Playing games on YouTube & Livestreaming on Twitch.tv Check it out!
Minecraft and more!
Ethaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #1053
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJuice View Post
Damn, how much did the high Dex Andariels cost you? Been looking on the AH for that thing for ages, I really should have bought it like a week ago when I had the chance. All the Dex ones now have such a huge 5+ million price tag.
I was looking for about a week for one under 5 mil and finally someone posted one on the Auction House for 4.75 so just insta bought it before someone else could. I bought my other one which was a 150 str, 30 dex, 25 vit for 500k and sold that for 2.5 mil so it kinda worked out haha
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #1054
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethaniel View Post
Blizzard posted a 1.0.3 patch preview and overall I like the changes that they are making in the preview. Hopefully they work out for the better in the game as I am kind of getting annoyed/bored with a lack of good farming spots and the fact that to do warden/butcher takes well over 30 minutes with a 5 NV buff.
here's the link for those that are interested:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262...-6_6_2012#blog

this is my favorite part

Quote:
We’re removing the bonus monster damage per additional player in a coop game. Our design goal is for players who prefer to play solo to be able to play solo, and players who prefer to play in groups to be able to play in a group. We feel the bonus monster damage per additional player is one of the biggest inhibitors to wanting to play with your friends.

In a perfect world, single player and co-op would be absolutely equal, but that’s not attainable when you consider item properties such as “Life on Kill” or skills such as Archon which simply scale better when you are solo. Since the variety and breadth of game mechanics essentially dictate that solo vs. group play will never be 100% equal, our goal is to make them as close as possible but err on the side of coop in cases where we need to make adjustments. The inherent logistical requirements when forming up with other players and attempting to work together effectively warrants some added benefits.
i got my monk to inferno and was progressing through Act I at a steady pace by myself. when i grouped with 2 of my friends though we got our asses handed to us. it was to the point that i'd rather play the game solo simply because it was easier to progress. now though i'll be able to join buddies without worrying about the difficulty scaling to unwinnable levels
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #1055
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yay for gem crafting price reductions, though they'll probably come too late for me.

I vendored a bunch of my lower gems, too much of my stash was trash gems, stupid AH.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #1056
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad I didn't wait for the gem upgrades to do my combines to gem upgrades. All my stuff is above Flawless Square. Sure will help in the case that I am running low on Flawless to upgrade though, as I have been saving the Square ones as well.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #1057
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Any predictions on what drop (and other) changes will do to AH prices? I'm sitting on an enormous stack of gold and I don't want to get burned by something like insane inflation.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #1058
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
Glad I didn't wait for the gem upgrades to do my combines to gem upgrades. All my stuff is above Flawless Square. Sure will help in the case that I am running low on Flawless to upgrade though, as I have been saving the Square ones as well.
I was able to liquidate all of my gems below Square before the commodity auction house was taken down, so now I'm just left with the stacks of Square and Flawless Square I've acquired since then.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #1059
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
Any predictions on what drop (and other) changes will do to AH prices? I'm sitting on an enormous stack of gold and I don't want to get burned by something like insane inflation.
Prices should drop. Repair costs will go up, people will spend more in game, and less on the AH.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #1060
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Making my gold more valuable? I wonder how much I can make by patch day.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote