GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/07/be...bruary-1-2012/
Old 01-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #222
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Another wave of beta went out Yesterday, anyone here not played it yet?
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #223
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Another wave of beta went out Yesterday, anyone here not played it yet?
Me, but I usually wait until the full version is out
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #224
FunkMasterFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have also been patiently awaiting my beta key, with nothing yet to show for it. Damn you Blizzard, why are you holding out on meeeee!?
FunkMasterFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #225
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got the beta e-mail last night at 8:45 pm!!! Wooo!!!

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #226
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah it was a mass invite on Monday, i'm guesing to bring attention away from the delays to the release.

Last edited by Raekwon; 02-02-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #227
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Such a Terrible Game!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kryllyk
http://www.twitch.tv/kryllyk

Playing games on YouTube & Livestreaming on Twitch.tv Check it out!
Minecraft and more!
Ethaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #228
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethaniel View Post
Such a Terrible Game!
Uh... wut?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #229
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Yeah it was a mass invite on Monday, i'm guesing to bring attention away from the delays to the release.
You can't delay a game you have never given a release date for. The beauty of Blizzard's plan.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #230
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Played for five minutes. ToR is in trouble when this goes live.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #231
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey Blaster, how about instead of being a troll you tell me some more details about one of my favorite game franchises of all time. How does that sound?
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #232
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
played for five minutes. My entire productivity is in trouble when this goes live. I hope it waits until after finals to be released.
fyp
Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #233
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love it. It will feel very familiar in many ways to Diablo players. Let's be clear, the graphics will not overwhelm anyone but inside of 5 minutes I no longer cared and was having a grand ol' time blowing stuff up! I played through the whole beta yesterday with a Wizard. It was a LOT of fun. The whole artisan aspect is really cool and I enjoyed the crafting.

There are currently some technical glitches (connection issues) being experienced but a quick trip to the battle.net forums and I found the fixes I needed to make everything work smoothly again.

I really really love the way Lore is presented, it makes it easy to actually discover the story without reading tons of pages of text. You will find journals and books and a button will come up on the screen that says, "New Lore" and when you click it, most of the time a character's voice will tell you all about a subject. I did run into one case where there was a short text article instead, but even this was better than I have seen in most games.

Overall things look very promising and I had a lot of fun. I can't wait to play the full game (and honestly, the beta many more times!).

The Following User Says Thank You to Nehkara For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #234
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehkara View Post
Uh... wut?
I should clarify. The game is severely Dumbed down, but will still be a good game. I don't believe the game will have the same longevity to that of Diablo 2. Based on what I have played/read/researched the variability in your characters is not that great. Any Diablo 2 player can tell me how many different builds there were of each character plus the random fun try this build that you could do.

I really dislike the removal of the stat point allocation as that also allowed you to customize (or Ruin) your character. You could make a sorc with max energy and energy shield for example for fun. Or a sorc with max block, or a sorc with lots of life. This also allowed for some fun build like the Enchantress where getting a good amount of strength was beneficial.

I understand what blizzard is doing to go with Runes and passive skills to help make up for the lack of 104 talent points and full customization, but I don't like it. It will be a good game that I will play, but I still go back and play Diablo 2 to this day for fun and I don't see myself doing that in 12 years with Diablo 3.

Minecraft and more!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #235
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember in D2 creating characters and having planned out to the single point what I would allocate based on gear and level. Screwing that up meant re-rolling. I thought that this was a bit overkill though, you should be able to customize your character afterwards, having to reroll because you spent 1 point incorrectly is a pain.

I still remember coming up with my own build for a Paladin FoH that would own any other.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #236
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
I remember in D2 creating characters and having planned out to the single point what I would allocate based on gear and level. Screwing that up meant re-rolling. I thought that this was a bit overkill though, you should be able to customize your character afterwards, having to reroll because you spent 1 point incorrectly is a pain.

I still remember coming up with my own build for a Paladin FoH that would own any other.
in the most recent 1.13 Patch for D2 they implemented each character to get a standard 3 Re-specializations throughout their journey which resets stats and talents. Plus you can earn more through certain events. I agree it was steep at the start, but with a simple respec it would have made it much more user friendly. (I mean originally with the game)

Minecraft and more!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #237
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

That sounds like a good way of doing it. Or something like in WoW how you can have two specs that you can alternate between.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #238
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Hey Blaster, how about instead of being a troll you tell me some more details about one of my favorite game franchises of all time. How does that sound?
I played for five minutes and you want an in-depth run down of what I think if the game? All I could have told you is that in the closed beta the game looked better than ToR. That is all I could tell you because I had literally played for FIVE MINUTES. Cool your jets, I was gonna give a more in-depth run after actually playing it.

The addition of a of a small combat bar and simplification of the the combat trees is nice, though from what I could tell I couldn't dump 100 points into Zeal and run around swinging like the flash anymore (if Paladin was a class).

Game play remains more or less unchanged, though combat no longer allows for the dumping of potions (cooldown) when you're in trouble and potions now stack in your bag similar to WoW (no more pot spam). Though, and this is just because I've picked the habit, I'd love for W,A,S,D movement.

Oh, and for the ToR people out there who just can't play a game without voice acting, yes this game is also fully voiced. No, Anthony Daniels does not voice anything, thank ####ing God.

As said, the game does take a simplistic approach. No stat allocation is something I hope they change (though that means going through and adding stats to enchanted items). I think that will affect it a bit, but between now and release could be fixed if feed back is negative.

When this and ToR were announced, I had expected this game to get smoked by a KotoR-like MMO. Having played both, I am pretty sure that the arrival of D3 will devestate the ToR player base for atleast a few months (if they're poor customer service, lack of proper patching and failure to entertain doesn't do it first).

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 02-03-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #239
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
That is all I could tell you because I had literally played for FIVE MINUTES. Cool your jets, I was gonna give a more in-depth run after actually playing it.
You're such a troll

Thanks for the update, can't wait for the game.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #240
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Played for five minutes. ToR is in trouble when this goes live.
You'll hate it after six minutes!!
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote