Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #2281
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I am getting so sick of 10km eggs. It is on the verge of ruining the game for me. I have had so many Gilger, Sudowoodo, Mantine and Skarmory but only 1 Larvitar and no Snorlax, Chancey or Lapras... I have caught 1 snorlax in the wild and it is crap.
I agree. I think i read that Dratini is the most common 10km egg hatch, but I've never gotten one. Only get Gilgers.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #2282
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
I agree. I think i read that Dratini is the most common 10km egg hatch, but I've never gotten one. Only get Gilgers.
I have had a few Dratini but nothing with an IV over 75%...
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #2283
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Awesome, things have been good today. Hatched my first Dratini, so with enough candies it'll be my first decent IV dragonite. Then finished the lvl 4 raid at the Bow today and got a high IV Tyranitar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flaming Choy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 10:50 AM   #2284
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Awesome, things have been good today. Hatched my first Dratini, so with enough candies it'll be my first decent IV dragonite. Then finished the lvl 4 raid at the Bow today and got a high IV Tyranitar.
Same. There was another one by city hall too, right after that.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #2285
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

How do you guys find out about which raids will be well attended or do you just show up and look for people staring at their phone?
Old 06-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #2286
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How do you guys find out about which raids will be well attended or do you just show up and look for people staring at their phone?
Yeah. We needed 8 (I think) to bring down a Tyranitar. Tried 2 previous times with 5 or 6 and timed out.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #2287
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I just joined the battle and hoped there were like-minded people. I try to get there right when it starts, as i figured there would be a higher chance that others would be there. Once you active your raid pass, you can retry as many times as you want (until the raid timer expires).I had to do the battle twice, the first one there was only 5 of us (came close but time ran out). Re-tried and there was 9 this time, so it went down easy.

I also figured since it was at a central location and a good time (The Bow, 9am) there there'd probably be lots of people nearby, or playing from their offices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaming Choy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #2288
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

So far all my raid attempts have been solo, but one one has even been a level 2. Took down a level 2 exeggutor earlier today, with about 30 seconds left. The level 1 ones only take about 35 seconds total.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #2289
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just joined the battle and hoped there were like-minded people. I try to get there right when it starts, as i figured there would be a higher chance that others would be there. Once you active your raid pass, you can retry as many times as you want (until the raid timer expires).I had to do the battle twice, the first one there was only 5 of us (came close but time ran out). Re-tried and there was 9 this time, so it went down easy.

I also figured since it was at a central location and a good time (The Bow, 9am) there there'd probably be lots of people nearby, or playing from their offices.
I did not know that you got multiple attempts with the same raid pass. I might give that a try tomorrow. I did a Magikarp raid today in the hopes that I could finally get something with good enough IVs to evolve my Gyarados. No such luck. At least I got another Pineco out of my 10km egg...
Old 06-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #2290
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
So far all my raid attempts have been solo, but one one has even been a level 2. Took down a level 2 exeggutor earlier today, with about 30 seconds left. The level 1 ones only take about 35 seconds total.
I tend to find level fours have a lot of people in midtown/downtown parks, train stations or office towers. In an industrial park even it seem like a bunch of people were playing from their office.

Places I've had no luck are in suburb residential raids. I wanted 20 minutes inside a suburb Tyranitar raid spawn and no one showed up. Really wish the raid pass wasn't used until the fight actually began so you could see who was actually queued up. Luck has been bad on raids so far. 4 Snorlax and 2 Rhydon for raids so far

Raids are killing my potion supply. Before I was always junking them, now I'm at like 10 potions and 60 revives.

Last edited by FlameOn; 06-29-2017 at 09:21 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #2291
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I tend to find level fours have a lot of people in midtown/downtown parks, train stations or office towers. In an industrial park even it seem like a bunch of people were playing from their office.

Places I've had no luck are in suburb residential raids. I wanted 20 minutes inside a suburb Tyranitar raid spawn and no one showed up. Really wish the raid pass wasn't used until the fight actually began so you could see who was actually queued up. Luck has been bad on raids so far. 4 Snorlax and 2 Rhydon for raids so far

Raids are killing my potion supply. Before I was always junking them, now I'm at like 10 potions and 60 revives.
I spent some extra coins that I've been getting on a bag upgrade, because I have a bigger need for potions and berries, and can't afford to throw lots of them out anymore.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #2292
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Beat a machamp raid this morning. First attempt was solo, that failed (got him maybe down to 25%), but for the next try, two others had shown up, it we beat it quite easily.

Got a Fast TM as a reward, and now my 100% machamp has both fighting moves, ready for Tyranitar, Snorlax, and Lapras raids.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #2293
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gonna need at least 5 to beat Snorlax, 7 for Tyranitar. In the 3 Tyranitar raids I have been in on successfully, I caught none of them.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #2294
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have been on 4 Snorlax raids and caught all of them. Failed my Tyranitar raid miserably. Maybe much harder catch rates?

FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2017, 05:52 AM   #2295
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I have been on 4 Snorlax raids and caught all of them. Failed my Tyranitar raid miserably. Maybe much harder catch rates?
That's been my experience.
Group of 10, no catch. Group of 8, 1 catch. Group of 7, 2 catches. 85-90% flee rate?
I used Golden raspberries last time also. I had been saving them (50 now), expecting lots of level 5 raids beginning in the upcoming event in Chicago. But if I can't catch a Tyranitar, I don't like my chances of bagging Mew or the legendary birds.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #2296
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We went and knocked over some gyms last night in our corner of the city, which is McKenzie Towne and Copperfield. It was the first time we'd ever made a real, concerted effort to take gyms down and turn them over for Valor. It turned out to be a miserable experience.

We hit 4 gyms in an hour. Taking them down was easy with two of us, but we had to wait at each for 10 minutes because of the "in combat" bug. Neither of us was able to earn a single coin in any gym. The longest any of our defenders lasted was 8 minutes 40 seconds. At the first gym someone started taking our stuff down within seconds of placing them. We tried to spam berries on it, but even with a third red team member there helping we were very quickly overwhelmed. We didn't bother to stick around after that.

My best guess is that the area is so heavily dominated by blue (and some yellow) that people are just waiting for anyone to attack the stagnant gyms so they get their chance. We didn't take down any Pokemon that had been in less than 4 or 5 hours.

The icing on the cake was when we saw the gym closest to our house go red at just before 1 am. It's a Mystic stronghold gym so we've never bothered to try to take it. We jogged over at dropped some decent stuff in it at right around 1. It was back blue just before 4.

I had been out of town in an area where it was pointless to try to play since the day the new gym system went live so yesterday was my first experience with it. I had high hopes for it, but I'm feeling very discouraged now. Sure, we could wander farther afield to find more red areas, but it feels bad to have no hope of doing anything on your home turf.

Edit: We also hunted down a tier 4 raid, which turned out to be a Rhydon. We managed to take it down with 6 people, and according to the end screen the 2 of us did somewhere in the neighbourhood of 60% of the damage. Is that screen accurate? Our teams are ok, but nothing special. Is the average player just walking around with total garbage Pokemon or something?

Last edited by Aegypticus; 07-05-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #2297
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
We went and knocked over some gyms last night in our corner of the city, which is McKenzie Towne and Copperfield. It was the first time we'd ever made a real, concerted effort to take gyms down and turn them over for Valor. It turned out to be a miserable experience.

We hit 4 gyms in an hour. Taking them down was easy with two of us, but we had to wait at each for 10 minutes because of the "in combat" bug. Neither of us was able to earn a single coin in any gym. The longest any of our defenders lasted was 8 minutes 40 seconds. At the first gym someone started taking our stuff down within seconds of placing them. We tried to spam berries on it, but even with a third red team member there helping we were very quickly overwhelmed. We didn't bother to stick around after that.

My best guess is that the area is so heavily dominated by blue (and some yellow) that people are just waiting for anyone to attack the stagnant gyms so they get their chance. We didn't take down any Pokemon that had been in less than 4 or 5 hours.

The icing on the cake was when we saw the gym closest to our house go red at just before 1 am. It's a Mystic stronghold gym so we've never bothered to try to take it. We jogged over at dropped some decent stuff in it at right around 1. It was back blue just before 4.

I had been out of town in an area where it was pointless to try to play since the day the new gym system went live so yesterday was my first experience with it. I had high hopes for it, but I'm feeling very discouraged now. Sure, we could wander farther afield to find more red areas, but it feels bad to have no hope of doing anything on your home turf.

Edit: We also hunted down a tier 4 raid, which turned out to be a Rhydon. We managed to take it down with 6 people, and according to the end screen the 2 of us did somewhere in the neighbourhood of 60% of the damage. Is that screen accurate? Our teams are ok, but nothing special. Is the average player just walking around with total garbage Pokemon or something?

One thing you can do if the gym says it is in combat, is to manually set your phone's clock ahead by ten minutes to get around the restriction.

My understanding is that you are only allowed to put one pokemon in at a time with a ten minute delay. But it's tied to your phones clock. Also works for raid lobby timers, etc.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #2298
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
One thing you can do if the gym says it is in combat, is to manually set your phone's clock ahead by ten minutes to get around the restriction.

My understanding is that you are only allowed to put one pokemon in at a time with a ten minute delay. But it's tied to your phones clock. Also works for raid lobby timers, etc.
Also apparently if you are with a group, before somebody puts in a Pokemon, have everybody submit their gym Pokemon at the same time so that you can by pass the 10min bit.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #2299
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Well, I learned I can't solo take down a Flareon raid. - got to about 15% left while dodging nothing. Sat waiting for a while to see if anyone else would show up to help out - no one showed up.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #2300
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well, the anniversary event is a huge FU to the player base. That anniversary box is so terrible they must think we're all stupid. 1200 coins for 6 incubators, 2 raid passes, 6 max revives, and 20 ultra balls.

Incubators are 150 each x 6 = 900.
Raid passes are 100 each x 2 = 200.

1100 coins to buy separately, so they are giving us a sweet deal of a bunch of stuff we can get for free from spinning stops for "only" 100 coins.

The general consensus about this event so far seems to be a lot of anger. Calls to boycott the shop, too. I dont usually get angry about stuff like this myself, but I honestly think this event is worse than nothing, and I'm a bit peeved. At least nothing wouldn't be insulting.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote