Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #2261
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every 24 hour period, starting midnight.
Raids only take place between 9am and 9pm
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #2262
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Just completed my first Raid, was a 4600CP Bayleef.

My app stalled the first time, so I missed the first attempt, which was maybe 20 seconds. I rebooted my app started again, and battled the Bayleef by myself - it took about 40 seconds.

Not bad to get 3 rare candy, and a golden razzberry.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:31 AM   #2263
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Placed 2 in gyms this afternoon, and one was returned at 10:30 pm with 50 coins, and the other shows in my journal as returning exactly at 12:00 am, along with another 50 coins.

200 coins in the last 4 days, if it continues anything remotely like this, I can't complain.

Normally, I've gone a long time in between being able to buy incubators. This time, I'm 4.3 km into my first egg, and I could buy another.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:45 AM   #2264
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally grabbed Unknown last night.
Still waiting on a Tyrogue hatch to complete regional pokedex.
Hate being limited to 50 coins per day, after getting 100 a day for months now, but otherwise like the idea of the new gym system.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #2265
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just snagged a 96% rhydon at the raid downtown. Also, hatched a 93% larvitar on the same walk. Pretty solid stuff!

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #2266
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Got a charged TM, and used it on my 100% IV Machamp. Now has dynamic punch, instead of Heavy Slam. Much better.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #2267
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Went to a raid in FIsh creek tonight and it happens to be a snorlax and while I was waiting for the raid to start ran into a wild togetic at 1058 CP. really helped the pokedex as I had only hatched one togepi before.
cavalera403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #2268
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I must have hatched a couple of things in my sleep cause I woke up this morning with 32 Dratini candy and an extra Dratini, and 18 Larvitar candy and an extra Larvitar!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #2269
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I did a mass evolve yesterday, now at 223 for the Dex. I'll be trying to get a Dragonite forever, it's the only thing I'm missing from the Gen 1 dex. I figure I'll also be on Tyranitar and Ampharos forever as well.
LGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #2270
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

I dropped a 1757 Vaporeon into a gym that's on a major bus route. It's now been there 19 hours, so I'm guessing I'll never be getting it back. Too easy for someone riding the bus to top it off.

Really odd situation where you want to drop in Pokemon that are strong enough to survive 8 hours and 20 minutes, but no more. After that you are dependent on the other teams to get them back, and your own "teammates" hurt you by feeding it.

With all the money they're making could Niantic not have hired an actual game designer? Someone with an understanding of gameplay and the effects rules and incentives have on player behaviour?

This structure really incentivizes having a second account in order to boot out your own Pokemon.

Goodbye forever, Vaporean. You might've been quite useful for raiding.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #2271
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
I dropped a 1757 Vaporeon into a gym that's on a major bus route. It's now been there 19 hours, so I'm guessing I'll never be getting it back. Too easy for someone riding the bus to top it off.

Really odd situation where you want to drop in Pokemon that are strong enough to survive 8 hours and 20 minutes, but no more. After that you are dependent on the other teams to get them back, and your own "teammates" hurt you by feeding it.

With all the money they're making could Niantic not have hired an actual game designer? Someone with an understanding of gameplay and the effects rules and incentives have on player behaviour?

This structure really incentivizes having a second account in order to boot out your own Pokemon.

Goodbye forever, Vaporean. You might've been quite useful for raiding.
I had a 2475 Rhydon in a gym near my work for over 21 hours. It'll get booted out eventually.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #2272
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

So what is a raid. There is one near my work and there is a 24000 Blastoise there but I will not be able to get to it, stupid work.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM   #2273
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

All it takes is for someone on a different team to have to wait for a bus for 10 minutes, and you'll get your Pokemon back.

Now 5 straight days with the max 50 coins. And if any of the 5 Pokemon I currently have in a gym lasts until midnight, I should have another 50 tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #2274
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
So what is a raid. There is one near my work and there is a 24000 Blastoise there but I will not be able to get to it, stupid work.
The level 1 raids someone can handle by themselves.

The 24000 blastoise you won't be able to take down by yourself, you'll need friends, or other people to battle at the same time as you.

If you beat the raid boss, you get rewards based on your contribution to the overall effort, and you get an opportunity to catch a normal version of the boss (IVs on this catch will have the same restrictions as eggs - all three numbers will be at least 10/15)
Old 06-28-2017, 06:41 AM   #2275
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

They must have changed the raid start times from 9AM. I am getting a bunch pop up downtown at 6:30
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #2276
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

They also changed the lvl 2 raids to make them harder and started striking out GPS spoofed pokemon on top of the ones from accounts that have botted
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #2277
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another 6 days in Japan (mostly Tokyo) and not a Farfetch'd to be found. That's now over 20 days in Japan the last year and I've seen one...and it escaped.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #2278
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
Another 6 days in Japan (mostly Tokyo) and not a Farfetch'd to be found. That's now over 20 days in Japan the last year and I've seen one...and it escaped.
That's awful luck - in April we (family and I) caught 5+ in Tokyo, and saw more in Kyoto and Okinawa.

As for the gyms, I really wish they would change it so it pays out each day - as has been mentioned, what is the incentive to feed your Pokemon berries to keep it in a gym past the 8 hours???

If it totaled up coins and paid out max of 50 each day, then I would work at keeping my gym maintained.
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #2279
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
That's awful luck - in April we (family and I) caught 5+ in Tokyo, and saw more in Kyoto and Okinawa.

As for the gyms, I really wish they would change it so it pays out each day - as has been mentioned, what is the incentive to feed your Pokemon berries to keep it in a gym past the 8 hours???

If it totaled up coins and paid out max of 50 each day, then I would work at keeping my gym maintained.
I guess the only motivation would be to get more stardust.

Also, FYI, Pokemon CP 3000 and high have their motivation decay 10x faster than pokemon lower than 3000.

Last edited by Flaming Choy; 06-28-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #2280
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am getting so sick of 10km eggs. It is on the verge of ruining the game for me. I have had so many Gilger, Sudowoodo, Mantine and Skarmory but only 1 Larvitar and no Snorlax, Chancey or Lapras... I have caught 1 snorlax in the wild and it is crap.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post: