Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2020, 03:48 PM   #181
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I considered that, but it isn't really fair as the person there the longest has the most opportunities. But maybe it lets you buy challenge advantages. Still not fair, but at least everyone has a chance.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:10 PM   #182
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man. Yul talking about Penner’s wife . How heartbreaking.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #183
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, a big move cutting Rob's legs out from under him. But man, when you vote to go from a what 3-2 advantage to a 2-2 tie and the woman have an advantage and an Idol. This could be a big move gone wrong.

Season 41 pushed off due to the virus.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/survivo...ic-1202880044/

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #184
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knew Rob was gonna go as soon as he and the guys got back from the well. He got a very negative edit going into tribal.

Agree with Captain, I think this will turn out to be bad move for Ben and Adam - weakened tribe, and against two women with advantages.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:05 PM   #185
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was an interesting episode. Pretty impressive on those two girls to not crack and use their idol or advantage.

Part of me wonders if that's because they know that with Exile, they aren't "really" gone yet. It takes a bit of an edge off, I think.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #186
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Good on the team for recognizing the tactic that won Rob his season, however bad on the team for not recognizing the one that won Sarah hers.

She is a Cop, she is a master at finding bull#### and knowing how to lie. Even at tribal where she is talking about "just hoping to survive if someone will flip" it was all a great show with all of the power in the game in her pocket.

I agree it was a good move to get out a guy who has a statue built of himself on the beach in previous seasons, however even Rob admits he is a bit left behind by the new game (IE looking for the hidden idol) and you effectively handed control over to Sarah and Sophie.

Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #187
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 2 "guys" take their first hit with Rob trying to play Godmaker last night.
Kootenayguy9 and surferguy
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:55 PM   #188
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Legion of Boop still alive and dominating

Old 03-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #189
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just had a thought...could this be the first finale without a studio audience? Will be interesting how they handle it.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:16 PM   #190
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

nm

Maybe its still a ways away.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:17 PM   #191
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think the finale has already been filmed hasn't it?
No, the finale is always live, months after they leave the island sometimes. They do the final vote then it is sealed until the finale.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #192
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Aw F$$$$

Old 03-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #193
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Final ####ing ly.

Denise, you beast! That was amazing. And about time someone realized what the right move was, only took her two immunity idols and being able to be called useless for a week.

That look on Sandra's face was priceless. She thought she had Denise in her pocket, as she usually does. I under estimated her, as did the rest. One of the few times I have literally been fist pumping in this show yelling "YES!!"
Old 03-18-2020, 09:56 PM   #194
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, that was a huge resume move by Denise, she completely flipped the dynamic on the tribe.

Pavarti missed a huge opportunity tonight, she wasn't the same black widow that she was years ago where she would have taken that chance of buying the vote. But Wendell is more then stupid, he's laid out the argument that he's a snake.

Sandra tried a big move and it entirely backfired on her and it was glorious, I think even she admired that move.

And I think Denise gets to keep her one fire token doesn't she since Sandra's out of the game and can't collect.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #195
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Aw F$$$$
Wow, losing both your players in one night sucks.

Brilliant move by Denise.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #196
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bwa ha ha! I was laughing at the TV so hard. What a bloody brilliant play on Denise's part. Too bad she blew the second idol on Jeremy, though. They may be having a conversation about why he voted for her. The look on Sandra's face was priceless.

Kinda sad that Parv got it. I had though that Nick might have been a bit brighter than that, esp with Wendell's "performance" at Tribal.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:54 PM   #197
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

That was AWESOME. I can’t believe Sandra would try something like that....obviously she would have done the exact same thing Denice did if the tables were turned.

Still think nick wins this. Guy is shifting gears right now, he was in 3rd and he’s hitting 4th gear. Overdrive still to go.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:41 PM   #198
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Denise with one of the biggest moves ever. Even more surprised that she wrote Sandra's name down, I was waiting for it to be Tony.

Sad that Parvati is out but I think the guys were gonna stick together no matter what.

Have a feeling Tyson will win his way back from extinction.

Rob, Parv, and Sandra out in 3 consecutive tribals...those three were probably regarded as the three best players after Heroes vs Villains, feels like a changing of the guard.

Last edited by mile; 03-18-2020 at 11:43 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #199
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny watching this game because you realize with some of the former winners, they're just not the same players.

Parv when she won was brilliant, ruthless and extremely aggressive, and she formed the Black Widow Society and pounded her way to the win. The Parv we got was pretty tentative, quiet, not aggressive, and indecisive.

I kept waiting for her to pay Wendell and stir up the game. But she didn't. Amber the same things. In her game she was so socially aware, good at playing people off of each other and showed that she was very smart socially. This time she never got into the game.

I don't think Sandra was the same player at all. When she won she was brutally good at imposing her win and she was vindictive as hell. Instead outside of one conversation, she was on the outside looking in, and she got so arrogant tonight in her move that she never figured she's get screwed.

Most of the good winners, in the past always had a game within a game and a great secondary move or plot going.

Denise's move was breath takingly brilliant, but at best now she's got a 2 to 2 deadlock in her tribe, and she's suddenly the biggest target in that group. I give her credit for staying alive and getting rid of a huge target. But at the same time, she's now a huge threat in that group.

I think I get it with the new game, now it took me some time to figure it out, but its so scrambly now, I think that the right word. Nobody is a super strong controller socially or strategically. When Amber won, and especially when Richard won, you could see how they kept control of their alliances, and always had a ejection play in battery when they needed it.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:31 AM   #200
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Bwa ha ha! I was laughing at the TV so hard. What a bloody brilliant play on Denise's part. Too bad she blew the second idol on Jeremy, though. They may be having a conversation about why he voted for her. The look on Sandra's face was priceless.

Kinda sad that Parv got it. I had though that Nick might have been a bit brighter than that, esp with Wendell's "performance" at Tribal.
I don't think that she necessarily wasted that idol, I think it was a play to guarantee that she was sending Sandra home. No matter what story she was getting or wondering what was true or what wasn't, it was going to be her or Jeremy, so if she makes sure it can't be either then she has the lone vote that counts.

I thought it was a great play to solidify her move, she basically had one bullet and she made it count. Had she missed the mark she was a dead woman walking as Sandra would have come after her with the passion of a thousand burning suns lol

Last edited by GreenLantern; 03-19-2020 at 01:33 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote